Fans please do not throw items on the field

I was standing about 4 feet from the guy that threw this..and I do not believe it was intended to hit Ryan. Although it did get him pretty square in the helmet if I remember correctly.

Regardless of whether it was intended to hit him or not, it was thrown DURING the play...tough to think that's a mistake.

I was standing about 4 feet from the guy that threw this..and I do not believe it was intended to hit Ryan. Although it did get him pretty square in the helmet if I remember correctly.
The guy who threw that must have learned from the master: beej!:laugher:

Damn good throw if you ask me.

Regardless of whether it was intended to hit him or not, it was thrown DURING the play...tough to think that's a mistake.

I absolutely agree that throwing things during the play is totally classless. But I still stick by my original thought mainly b/c this guy was barely standing and probably couldn't hit the side of a barn in his state.

I absolutely agree that throwing things during the play is totally classless. But I still stick by my original thought mainly b/c this guy was barely standing and probably couldn't hit the side of a barn in his state.

Not sure if that makes it better or worse...

I was on the road and listening to the game on ESPN radio and posted earlier how tough they were on our crowd. The Jagermeister bottle was thrown near their sideline reporter, and from that point on they labeled the behavior as "the worst they had seen in covering college football". They cited a lack of class by our fans several times. That is a publicity we do not need.

Years ago crowd rowdiness was tolerated more. Not every game was on TV. Now, the tide of public opinion is such that behavior like this is bad for the school and program. We have to police ourselves better.

I was on the road and listening to the game on ESPN radio and posted earlier how tough they were on our crowd. The Jagermeister bottle was thrown near their sideline reporter, and from that point on they labeled the behavior as "the worst they had seen in covering college football". They cited a lack of class by our fans several times. That is a publicity we do not need.

Years ago crowd rowdiness was tolerated more. Not every game was on TV. Now, the tide of public opinion is such that behavior like this is bad for the school and program. We have to police ourselves better.
People threw a lot of stuff during the ND game last year and I didn't hear anything about it.

I'll say it again:

The amount of stuff thrown on the field is directly proportional to how badly we're being jobbed by the refs. It has nothing to do with whether we're winning or losing, nor to how close the game is.

It's not really funny at all. It shows a complete lack of class. The time it gets out of hand and costs us a 15-yard penalty is gonna suck.

I agree GTROY. It's a total lack of class. Anyone throwing anything on the field should be arrested. I know one that was for throwing something from the UE. On top of that they should be banned from GT games. That includes students.

I'm pretty sure its 95% students anyway. The entire endzone (besides the band) is nothing but fraternity block seating.

Think how pissed off you would be when drunk asses from 10 rows back throw stuff at the field but come up 30 ft. short and you get drinks and cups all over you...that is class.

I'm pretty sure its 95% students anyway. The entire endzone (besides the band) is nothing but fraternity block seating.

I don't think this is a very fair judgement. Yes, I was in the student section, and yes people around me were throwing things. But there was plenty coming from the sidelines as well.

Who remembers seat cushion day against Maryland?

I was there.

I threw a seatcushion.

So did about 400 other spectators.

Those officials sucked too.

Those seatcushions can get some real range, if you fling them like a frisbee. Anybody got a recording of Wes's call for that? I remember it being really funny, something like "Well I guess we know what promotion the Athletic Department WON'T be doing in the future.."

Those seatcushions can get some real range, if you fling them like a frisbee. Anybody got a recording of Wes's call for that? I remember it being really funny, something like "Well I guess we know what promotion the Athletic Department WON'T be doing in the future.."

The call on ESPN was better. That commentator said something to the effect of "Good thing it wasn't anvil night".

I will forever remember that game as "Anvil Night".

throwing items of any kind on the field is dangerous and classless. period.

can't believe some here think its ok. :rolleyes:

throwing items of any kind on the field is dangerous and classless. period.

can't believe some here think its ok. :rolleyes:

I was there Saturday and was discusted that our crowd (students or not) would do that! I don't care how the game was going, there is absolutely no need for any kind of nonsense like that - it was an embarrassment.

We talk constantly about having higher standards than the dirtbags down the road, but the dirtbags down the road and everybody else around the country saw different on Sat. night.

Who ever threw stuff should be ashamed of themselves and been thrown out of the game, never to attend another home game this year.

We talk constantly about having higher standards than the dirtbags down the road, but the dirtbags down the road and everybody else around the country saw different on Sat. night.

We don't pee off the top rail of the stadium, and don't throw things at fans. That's the difference, but I'll agree that it's minor.

I keep hearing people say those who throw things "should be banned" from BDS.

Now, tell me exactly, how in the HELL are you going to enforce something like that?

At the risk of sounding ignorant to the answer....That's gotta be the dumbest crap I've ever heard! :eek:

We don't pee off the top rail of the stadium, and don't throw things at fans. That's the difference, but I'll agree that it's minor.

I bet we do hit a lot of fans by accident though.

Back