Fields officially gone from UGA

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Tyree Jackson. 6'7". Would love to get him. Gotta beat out Auburn and some other heavy hitters, but hope we are giving him a look. Dunno what he majored in.
I like the thought of a 6'7" QB.

Auburn would seem to be a horrible fit for a 6'7" QB

moochie

Varsity Lurker
Fields will be a starter at OSU and he'll be successful. He should have taken a few series in the 3rd qtr of the Sugar Bowl to see if he was the spark UGA needed. I'm not saying Fromm shouldn't be the starter, but Fromm was awful Monday night. Fields should have gotten his name called, but I imagine the coaching staff moved on weeks ago.

To be honest, I'd love for him to lead them into the playoffs each year along with Eason. It'd kill UGA fans
Fields wouldn't have played if they'd have lost 3 qbs and 30 players in the shugah bowl. they were done with him. period. uga would have taken snaps first, even with the longhorn sticking out of that fat bastard's little ribs.

shart's dwags were/are vulnerable any time you can stop the run and their dump passing scheme. put the game on the back of fromm, having to go downfield to get first downs, and the dwags were beatable this year. fromm IS a VERY GOOD game manager, and when they can run the ball, they'll score a lot of points. very few people could match up defensively this year, so their wins were rather large. but WHEN a team could match up physically, they proved beatable, as we saw in lsu, ala and the shugah bowl. problem with us is that our no-stars and complete lack of depth were manhandled by UGA and eventually, no matter what the offensive scheme, talent wins out!

it's not brain surgery. when you can run the ball consistently, you can win consistently. in any offense. the end.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't believe he actually signed with UGA to begin with. I feel sorry for the kid. He would have won 11 or 12 games if he'd played for Florida this year, and Mark Richt might still have a job with Miami if he'd gone there.

I hope these kids wake up and stop buying the bs Kirby and Georgia is selling.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Meh. Was a total waste of time for him to go there in the first place. Maybe recruits will stop buying Kirby's BS.

Will be interesting to see if he gets his waiver. If so, you may as well do away with the sit out a year rule.
100% he’ll get the waiver imo. NCAA has been handing the waivers out like candy the last few years for basically no reason. Black athlete claims racial issues...auto waiver.

G776T

Not pastor material.
100% he’ll get the waiver imo. NCAA has been handing the waivers out like candy the last few years for basically no reason. Black athlete claims racial issues...auto waiver.
I agree, and if they do, every black athlete on ugas team would be open to recruitment.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
this is why early signing day is so great.
now watch Georgia try to poach as many other teams' commits for February signing as they can.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Doesn’t NCAA allow kids to return after declaring, as long as they don’t sign with an agent? Or am I thinking of basketball here?

GTballer21

Varsity Lurker
That's really awesome. The dwags lost out on not one, but two five star running backs that specifically cited Holyfield coming back as the reason for signing elsewhere. Solid troll.
This is not good for us.. we’re in the running for the best back in GA (Jamious Griffin). I am sure they will now try and poach.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
This is not good for us.. we’re in the running for the best back in GA (Jamious Griffin). I am sure they will now try and poach.
he's still a NC State commit. He's just not signed. He likes us and has visited but we're not the only ones after him.
Besides, we don't have a lot of room left for ships, unless some guys bail in the next week or two. And we're after the Colquitt Co. kicker. And a 3 star TE out of Clearwater.