Fields officially gone from UGA

he's still a NC State commit. He's just not signed. He likes us and has visited but we're not the only ones after him.
Besides, we don't have a lot of room left for ships, unless some guys bail in the next week or two. And we're after the Colquitt Co. kicker. And a 3 star TE out of Clearwater.
He is a NC State commit, but his brother plays here. That is a big positive for us as Jamious has said he wants to play with his brother. CGC is recruiting him heavily. If you look at CGC’s twitter he likes everything he posts, so I’m sure he keeps in contact with him on the regular. You do not turn down the best RB in the state so I’m sure he is a top priority for CGC. We will have several people bail I’m sure to open up room.

This is not good for us.. we’re in the running for the best back in GA (Jamious Griffin). I am sure they will now try and poach.

Griffin will get a lot of late heat, like a lot of our signees have over the last few years when other teams had 1 or 2 rides left and would try to snipe our recruits right before signing day. So if teams like Bama, FSU, Tennessee, Florida aren't already pursuing him, they will with an 11th hour offer.

Griffin will get a lot of late heat, like a lot of our signees have over the last few years when other teams had 1 or 2 rides left and would try to snipe our recruits right before signing day. So if teams like Bama, FSU, Tennessee, Florida aren't already pursuing him, they will with an 11th hour offer.
Yep, that sounds about right. Let’s hope a valuable degree and playing with his brother are at the top of his list.

took a quick look at the rivals top board for 2019. Most of the top 50 are signed, sealed and delivered. Only a handful aren't. One is a 5 star WR out of Hoover who is an Auburn commit but hasn't signed. With Hardman out the door, I bet Kirby turns his focus there. Most of the others who haven't signed are either out in California or not at the positions vacated by the defections.

Fields was typical by UGA standards:

Promised multiple national championships and even helped recruit really good players...then he didn’t win and so he quits.

Last edited:
took a quick look at the rivals top board for 2019. Most of the top 50 are signed, sealed and delivered. Only a handful aren't. One is a 5 star WR out of Hoover who is an Auburn commit but hasn't signed. With Hardman out the door, I bet Kirby turns his focus there. Most of the others who haven't signed are either out in California or not at the positions vacated by the defections.
Hazelwood hasn't signed either and richt left Miami....

Fields was typical by UGA standards:

Promised multiple national championships and even helped recruit really good players...then he didn’t win and so he quits.

I think it is more likely that he was lied to by Kirby. Or maybe not lied to, but told that he would platoon with Fromm and be given a chance to earn meaningful playing time. And then that didn’t really happen.

I think evidence of that is his flippant comments caught on air of “handing the ball off real good” or whatever he said. He wasn’t being given the meaningful snaps that he was promised.

That being said, it was a questionable decision to go to a school that had 2 very highly ranked QBs already on the roster, and one only a sophomore. So that’s on him and his family.

Yep, that sounds about right. Let’s hope a valuable degree and playing with his brother are at the top of his list.

I think we get Griffin. Clemson is my concern. He also has a brother at VT. He is going to an ACC school. I assume his parents prefer 2 schools rather than 3 different ones and the GT education. But I do think Clemson will offer him.

I think we get Griffin. Clemson is my concern. He also has a brother at VT. He is going to an ACC school. I assume his parents prefer 2 schools rather than 3 different ones and the GT education. But I do think Clemson will offer him.

Supposedly he is taking a visit to Auburn next week, per rivals.
He does not an offer from Georgia or Clemson listed as yet.

I'm wondering how good an evaluator KS is, not saying he's not, just wondering. I'm one that thinks it's the most important part of recruiting. I'm not raising the question based on Fields. I do know some coaches are much better at it than others, had coaches and a NFL owner tell me that.

Georgia may not be so inclined to pursue Griffin - they still might - because they have Zamir White and James Cook still behind Swift. They also signed another 4 star kid out of south Florida.
Losing Ridley and Hardman, they did sign Blaylock out of Walton. Wonder what happened to Robertson this year? He had one big play on a jet sweep and never saw much of him the rest of the year for the Dwags.

I hope he leads OSU to a national title and wins the heisman so the dwags go nuts. If we aren’t winning the nc anyway.
Fromm gets knocked out in the first quarter of the first game, backup comes in and plays the rest of the season, team goes 0-12.

Fields is allowed to play in 2019, takes OSU to 14-0, loses to GT in the national championship.

NCAA gives uGA the death penalty for paying players, Kirby goes to jail for violating the Gurley law, toxic waste found buried under Athens and the city is forcibly abandoned.

Fromm gets knocked out in the first quarter of the first game, backup comes in and plays the rest of the season, team goes 0-12.

Fields is allowed to play in 2019, takes OSU to 14-0, loses to GT in the national championship.

NCAA gives uGA the death penalty for paying players, Kirby goes to jail for violating the Gurley law, toxic waste found buried under Athens and the city is forcibly abandoned.

Realistically this is the most likely outcome

Back