• Fire his ass tomorrow

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I love Ted Roof #MyNameIsCoit

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I think GT1992 is just salty because we're not bitching about the offense enough. It is just hard to bitch about the offense when the defense was utterly horrible at historic proportions. He would have been much happier if Tech scored a couple more TDs and lost.
Now hold on. He has a point. I was going to post about this earlier. Not saying it gives the defense an excuse, but the offense is not on the field for long drives like they used to. Either they go three and out or they hit the big plays. It's been like this all year. It's a contributing factor.

gameface

Varsity Lurker
The problem is how we rank in defensive coordinator's salaries. We should give him a raise to $1 million per year. If he doesn't improve after that, he's gone.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
The problem is how we rank in defensive coordinator's salaries. We should give him a raise to $1 million per year. If he doesn't improve after that, he's gone.
So, your suggestion is that the extra $250k is going to make him coach better?

Ummm...ok.

User 8976

User account deleted
Now hold on. He has a point. I was going to post about this earlier. Not saying it gives the defense an excuse, but the offense is not on the field for long drives like they used to. Either they go three and out or they hit the big plays. It's been like this all year. It's a contributing factor.
The guy from club Cyprus makes a good point. 3 and out are the same as big plays wrt recovery time to the D.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
You're not supposed to support me.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Or, like yesterday and against ööööing Miami, we turn the ööööing ball over. 14 pts to Miami, 14 more to the öööö Holes.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Or, like yesterday and against ööööing Miami, we turn the ööööing ball over. 14 pts to Miami, 14 more to the öööö Holes.

Turnovers have killed us this year. Take the turnovers away we could have been in a position to change 3 Ls to Ws. Not Clemson, we were midgets fighting Titans that day.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Turnovers have killed us this year. Take the turnovers away we could have been in a position to change 3 Ls to Ws. Not Clemson, we were midgets fighting Titans that day.
And could your mom have stopped it? Could she tell Paul to balance his classes and hire a decent OL coach?

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
He was designed?? So you're saying he's a.. A ROBOT?
Ha! No. My point being when he became the DC under O'Leary, GOL trained him to do one thing. Stop run oriented teams. if a team was at all multi dimensional, Ted's defenses sucked. Been like that his entire career.

85jacket

Varsity Lurker
part of the problem this year is our explosive offense. One of the drives against NC was 13 seconds.
The style of offense where we have 16 play drives and eat up five to eight minutes has not been part of the offense this year.
I love JT but in some ways a kid like Jordan will help our defense. If it had not been for the two fumbles in the red zone we would be talking
about a different game today. I think Roof should play more man and more stunts to compensate for a lack of size and strength.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
part of the problem this year is our explosive offense. One of the drives against NC was 13 seconds.
The style of offense where we have 16 play drives and eat up five to eight minutes has not been part of the offense this year.
I love JT but in some ways a kid like Jordan will help our defense. If it had not been for the two fumbles in the red zone we would be talking
about a different game today. I think Roof should play more man and more stunts to compensate for a lack of size and strength.

Agreed, Jordan is running the offense more closely to what Navy is doing, which is what all of the cool ST kids are raving about these days.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Here's what I don't get. Two years ago this defense wasn't stellar. But the boys were going after intereceptions and fumbles like no other team in the nation. Roof had even mentioned they emphasize turnovers in practice, and they had a board with all different kinds of turnovers and stuff where they would be competing for getting them in the game. WTH happened to that team? Even last year's defense was better than this.

Ish

Dodd-Like
hmm...we had a long drive before halftime which UNC answered with a 2-play TD drive

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Here's what I don't get. Two years ago this defense wasn't stellar. But the boys were going after intereceptions and fumbles like no other team in the nation. Roof had even mentioned they emphasize turnovers in practice, and they had a board with all different kinds of turnovers and stuff where they would be competing for getting them in the game. WTH happened to that team? Even last year's defense was better than this.

Well, we still have Roof, so obviously he isn't the problem. List the players he had at his disposal in 2014 and 2015 that he doesn't have now? Then we can talk about their individual contributions.