Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Give him at least two years #iStandWithCoit

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Fire his ass tomorrow

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I love Ted Roof #MyNameIsCoit

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
part of the problem this year is our explosive offense. One of the drives against NC was 13 seconds.
The style of offense where we have 16 play drives and eat up five to eight minutes has not been part of the offense this year.
I love JT but in some ways a kid like Jordan will help our defense. If it had not been for the two fumbles in the red zone we would be talking
about a different game today. I think Roof should play more man and more stunts to compensate for a lack of size and strength.

We had plenty of extended drives against UNC. Just didn't finish.

10 play - 75 yd - 3:22 - TD
8 play - 69 yd - 4:41 - FG (Holding at the 1 yd line)
10 play - 61 yd - 1:46 - Missed FG (This was 2 minute offense)
12 play - 50 yd - 6:14 - FG
10 play - 62 yd - 4:30 - Fumble
11 play - 57 yd - 5:36 - Downs

image.jpeg
From wikileaks:

We had plenty of extended drives against UNC. Just didn't finish.

10 play - 75 yd - 3:22 - TD
8 play - 69 yd - 4:41 - FG (Holding at the 1 yd line)
10 play - 61 yd - 1:46 - Missed FG (This was 2 minute offense)
12 play - 50 yd - 6:14 - FG
10 play - 62 yd - 4:30 - Fumble
11 play - 57 yd - 5:36 - Downs

There are people here who don't see the difference between an 8 yard per play offense that has some drives fail, and a 3 yard per play offense that has some drives fail. In general the 8 ypp offense will finish more drives. Look at how we did against Duke versus how VT and Louisville did.

The offense could do better, but it's like you're looking at a #25 offense and a #110 defense and demanding the offense hold serve. Well sure, having a #10 offense rather than a #25 offense would be nice. A lot of things would be nice. But a defense at #110 looks like we're playing way below our talent level.

Reactions: Ish
There are people here who don't see the difference between an 8 yard per play offense that has some drives fail, and a 3 yard per play offense that has some drives fail. In general the 8 ypp offense will finish more drives. Look at how we did against Duke versus how VT and Louisville did.

The offense could do better, but it's like you're looking at a #25 offense and a #110 defense and demanding the offense hold serve. Well sure, having a #10 offense rather than a #25 offense would be nice. A lot of things would be nice. But a defense at #110 looks like we're playing way below our talent level.

I was responding to
part of the problem this year is our explosive offense. One of the drives against NC was 13 seconds

I was just showing that the offense did possess the ball which should help the defense out.

I was responding to

I was just showing that the offense did possess the ball which should help the defense out.

BTW, I was agreeing about how the offense moved the ball and didn't finish drives. Others have focused on how the offense was bad because of all the drives which failed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I agree, and it's not even "like" that, it is literally that. Our offense is ranked #15 in FEI and our defense is #117. Of course of our offense makes mistakes and could be better, but it's really stupid to pretend that it is the primary problem.

In the immortal words of CPJ, it is never as good or as bad as it seems.

Our defense has been close to making stops many times, but didn't make 'em. Yesterday, we got a lot of stops, and getting 5 sacks certainly didn't hurt.

Back