Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Fire his ass tomorrow

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I love Ted Roof #MyNameIsCoit

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
da0d79c536bf13e06a32258e5b2d9d60.jpg
to

I member when everyone was excited about the Roof hire and I was all like whatever's.

bbbb0ffd3949e3f807448aa7737bed9b.jpg

Beestorms Moms basement

Bend don't break works against the Tide in the SEC.

LSU was 2-2 and fired their 10 win per year coach who had an MNC since PJ played them in 08

Anyone who ever saw Woody Dantzler run wild all over Ted's defense would know by now that he sucks, has sucked, and will forever suck. Ted Roof is only a good DC when you play a run heavy team with an average drop back passing QB. He was designed to beat UGA... That's it.

He was designed?? So you're saying he's a.. A ROBOT?

Ted Roof is a high character guy and was an awesome LB at Tech but nothing on his coaching resume says outstanding defensive coach. I think Tech should pursue Giff Smith as their next DC. He is currently on the San Diego coaching staff in charge of the DL. When he was coaching the DL at Tech he had a lot of success. In addition he was also an excellent recruiter.

Do you have the lists of other ACC teams starters by class and can confirm we are relatively young? I really don't think our defense is that young. I'm not in the fire Roof mode yet but I also don't believe that youth is the primary cause of our defensive failures. 2017 is starting to look like a put up or shut up season for Johnson for a lot of reasons. Breaking in a new QB I would think fixing the defense is going to be a priority for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I did spot check it against a few teams in my original, detailed post. We have I think 6 4th and 5th year guys on the defensive depth chart, and it seemed to me that most teams had more than 10. I have checked in with @ThisIsAtlanta already and he is going to try to dig up some old code that pulls depth chart data from ESPN. I'll probably make a stab at doing it manually if that doesn't work out.

Here's my 2nd post on the subject:

https://www.stingtalk.com/board/thr...fense-is-better-this-year.90201/#post-1864653

And @GTFLETCH's excellent summary of our defensive depth, or lack thereof.

https://www.stingtalk.com/board/threads/too-soon-to-pull-the-plug-on-cpj.89993/page-3#post-1858389

How can you be stupid enough to think 20 points will win a game?

If you defense can't get a stop then sure I guess it's your offense's fault for not scoring 49 points. :bfd:

If you defense can't get a stop then sure I guess it's your offense's fault for not scoring 49 points. :bfd:
The offense went three and out early. I agree that Roof not being aggressive only exasperates problems. Where are the idiots who wrote Sir Francis of Sackenshire? They are the problem. Leaving our defense on the field for long drives is not a key to success, see Air Force and Utah for evidence. Paul has lost his balls and is just collecting retirement checks.

I think GT1992 is just salty because we're not bitching about the offense enough. It is just hard to bitch about the offense when the defense was utterly horrible at historic proportions. He would have been much happier if Tech scored a couple more TDs and lost.

I think GT1992 is just salty because we're not bitching about the offense enough. It is just hard to bitch about the offense when the defense was utterly horrible at historic proportions. He would have been much happier if Tech scored a couple more TDs and lost.
The offense has been wildly inconsistent and I agree with JT's father. Relying on the big play is not good. I have always been concerned about the defense, but that's not what we hired CPJ to do.

Back