Fire Thacker

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I was disappointed in the defense last year, though I guess the lack of practice time and decimation of the front 7 made the back end look much worse than they really were. We've looked great, particularly in the secondary. Not to dwell on the NIU game much, but even in that one their receivers made some stupid good catches in tight coverage.

I think this might be our best defense since 2006.
I also remember reading somewhere that covid and injuries cause Charlie Thomas to move around to different positions a lot last year. Having him fixed at LB is definitely a big plus.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Helluva game plan the last 2 weeks by Thack/Geoff. Really excited moving forward. 3 3 5 definitely a strong base for us based on our current personnel.

ComputerNut62

Varsity Lurker
We mixed some 4-2-5 with 3-3-5 tonight. Generally, in the 3-3-5 we were rushing a 4th anyway. UNC just didn’t know where it was coming from so it was effective. Happy with the pressure rushing 4. 8 sacks was really cool. Sometime Howell had time to throw and picked us apart, but several times he had plenty of time but no one open so hats off to the DBs.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
To bring it in to the main thread, we better be able to fire the assistants along with the coordinator or there's no point. I don't think a new scheme is going to save this secondary.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Nice guy but there are lots of nice guys in the World. He's gotta go. And his whole staff too.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Perhaps the worst Tech D we've seen in a while.
And yes, that includes some of the stinkbombs we saw during the PJ era.
Virginia went through us like s--- through a tin horn.
And that's after Pitt did the same. Hell, Duke's offense which UVa shut out (and UVa is now 96th in the nation in total defense. 96th) looked competent against us.

We had 8 sacks against UNC. We had 4 total through all our other games going into tonight. Did we ever get any pressure on Armstrong tonight?

gt2690b

PB time!
Perhaps the worst Tech D we've seen in a while.
And yes, that includes some of the stinkbombs we saw during the PJ era.
Virginia went through us like s--- through a tin horn.
And that's after Pitt did the same. Hell, Duke's offense which UVa shut out (and UVa is now 96th in the nation in total defense. 96th) looked competent against us.

We had 8 sacks against UNC. We had 4 total through all our other games going into tonight. Did we ever get any pressure on Armstrong tonight?
We usually rushed 3 so no

swampsting

We usually rushed 3 so no
So we dropped 8. And they still had guys wide damn open. Include a 7 foot guy (ok, ok, he's 6-7. Looked 7 foot out there. Especially all by his damn lonesome).

swampsting

I don't know what makes me sicker, our defense or Ron Darling.
Hell, I can punch Ron Darling.
I can't do anything about our defense.
Looks like nobody can.