Fire Thacker

Never laid a hand on him with the 3-man rush. Got to him a couple times on blitzes, but genius Thacker rarely called them.

Thacker called more blitzes than most of us (including myself) game him credit for after the game. Several of UVA's big plays came with us sending 5-6.

This is why I find it being solely a coaching thing so improbable. Are we really continuing a chain of such DCs for that long and even across different head coaches?

I wonder if he's only running the front half of the defense and the Co-DC is running the back half.

For groh it was. The defense was so out of sync that you had different sides of the field running different plays. I think scheme probably matters less for defense though.

I can't stand the rushing just 3. At least the Ted Roof bubble screen fiasco was just one game. If I had time I would go back through our plays and count how many times we had good vs. bad outcomes when we rushed 3 vs. when we rushed more. I am certain rushing 3 would come out much worse.

The coaches think they know better, that it's not so simple. Thacker has said basically that. Sometimes the lay fan is right and what the fans think is the obvious problem is actually the problem.

Well we are apparently thin at the DB position so maybe the strategy made sense to the coaches at the time. Once you get picked apart for a few easy touchdowns, I would do something different.

I can't stand the rushing just 3. At least the Ted Roof bubble screen fiasco was just one game. If I had time I would go back through our plays and count how many times we had good vs. bad outcomes when we rushed 3 vs. when we rushed more. I am certain rushing 3 would come out much worse.

The coaches think they know better, that it's not so simple. Thacker has said basically that. Sometimes the lay fan is right and what the fans think is the obvious problem is actually the problem.

I wish someone would go do this. I think we would all be surprised how ineffective rushing more than 3 actually was.

This is why I find it being solely a coaching thing so improbable. Are we really continuing a chain of such DCs for that long and even across different head coaches?

I wonder if he's only running the front half of the defense and the Co-DC is running the back half.

Definitely not just a coaching alone thing. I’m convinced you could take the best player from every defensive position 2010-2021 and put them on the field together and that defense would still be mediocre at best.

I’m not convinced coaching has done us any favors though.

Body of work matters more than the last performance alone.

To be fair to CDP….he is saddled with a garbage OL coach.
There's no way you're a Tech fan with 141 posts of "öööö can every coach. They suck." Maybe you should stop following Tech football. Or maybe CGC touched you in your no-no spot. Regardless, your vitriol gets old quickly.

He seems to own it. He has all but called his shot against Virginia Tech. They better play like their hair is on fire. He also alludes to some changes to the rotation, which will be interesting to see.

He seems to own it. He has all but called his shot against Virginia Tech. They better play like their hair is on fire. He also alludes to some changes to the rotation, which will be interesting to see.

He’ll be a HC one day at some level of college ball.

Why?

Because of the way his Players play in Games, or because he simply "looks the part", because he just "sounds like a Coach", or is it because you know he will kill the Interview and some hiring committee will get a "good feeling about this guy" and turn over the Keys to their FB Program to him?

Tell us why you see him as a HC one day?

1635300395061.gif

NIU loss - Fire everyone
Clemson loss - Fire Pnode
Pitt loss - Fire Thacker
UVA loss - Fire Thacker

Just insert either depending on the individual unit performance for that week.

There's no way you're a Tech fan with 141 posts of "öööö can every coach. They suck." Maybe you should stop following Tech football. Or maybe CGC touched you in your no-no spot. Regardless, your vitriol gets old quickly.
If you get butthurt easy….then just ignore and pound sand maybe?

Did criticism of all prior staffs make you butthurt also? If so you have likely lived a life of it.

If rushing four, five or six isn't very effective, then by inference I can just rush Zero?

The one thing I would like to see is if we can't get to the QB, that we bat one ball down at the line, or by a rushing in LB who can't get to the QB as the QB is throwing right over his head (which is down all the time).

If you get butthurt easy….then just ignore and pound sand maybe?

Did criticism of all prior staffs make you butthurt also? If so you have likely lived a life of it.
I don't have anyone on ignore. I like to see the stupid posts. Your 164 posts are at the top of the list.

I criticized the last coach, especially Sewak. But I didn't criticize them 164 posts in a row.

I don't have anyone on ignore. I like to see the stupid posts. Your 164 posts are at the top of the list.

I criticized the last coach, especially Sewak. But I didn't criticize them 164 posts in a row.
This guy created his account just to be a whiny little bitch. When we start winning, which will be soon, he’ll disappear like the douchebag he is.

Back