Fire Thacker

Before the seasons Thacker said in his press conference that he was going to have the luxury of not having to make the right call every play because of our defensive talent.

If that is true (which it isn’t) he must be making aggressively wrong calls every down.

Before the seasons Thacker said in his press conference that he was going to have the luxury of not having to make the right call every play because of our defensive talent.

If that is true (which it isn’t) he must be making aggressively wrong calls every down.

Alternative interpretation: He doesn't have to worry about which call to make cause even the right call won't get pressure or cover the receiver lol

The fact that this thread is so much shorter than the Patenaude one is indicative of how ignorant our fans are.

Thacker has shown zero signs that suggest he can coach a defense.
I believe it’s because the expectation for the defense is lower. I only listened through radio today but it seemed like the d at least came out of the half and gave us an opportunity to win. I wouldn’t choose either coordinator to keep but there are no Sims or Gibbs on the d side.

I believe it’s because the expectation for the defense is lower. I only listened through radio today but it seemed like the d at least came out of the half and gave us an opportunity to win. I wouldn’t choose either coordinator to keep but there are no Sims or Gibbs on the d side.
They only played for one quarter - the 3rd. Pretty much rolled over the rest of the game. Did make a nice goal-line stand in the 4th Quarter to hold VT to just a clinching FG instead of a clinching TD.

Thacker needs to go.

Speaking of which, where in the hell did he even come from?

They only played for one quarter - the 3rd. Pretty much rolled over the rest of the game. Did make a nice goal-line stand in the 4th Quarter to hold VT to just a clinching FG instead of a clinching TD.
I didn’t miss that. Just saying there is less excuse for the craptastic offense we have.

Jesus did he really say that?

Yes. Pre-NIU post conference.

12AB01AD-5ECE-47A5-9614-7311C219D1CB.gif

Gotta agree that we need a change in coordinators.

We've gotten worse, not better, on defense the past 3 years. Worse is that we seem to be getting worse and worse with each game. Worse coverage. Worse DL pressure. Even Pnope's offense shows signs of occasional progress. Thacker's D gets worse each week.

Time to go, Thacker.

Hypothetical question - say we convert the 4th down, score a few plays later, and take a 24-23 lead. Does anybody think the defense with Thacker’s play calling has any chance of stepping up to make a stop and preserve the victory? Anybody?

Back