Fire Thacker

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I miss Tenuta. We sure used to blitz a lot.
I've been as critical of Tenuta as anyone on this board; but I would welcome him back at this point. What about Charles Kelly, he is listed as associate DC at Bama currently; would he take the job as DC at GT over that?

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
I've been as critical of Tenuta as anyone on this board; but I would welcome him back at this point. What about Charles Kelly, he is listed as associate DC at Bama currently; would he take the job as DC at GT over that?
Charles Kelly would be fantastic.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I always missed him. He was a one-trick pony but dang if we weren't the best in football at that very trick. Few and far between were the games he lost for us as opposed to our anemic offense in that era.

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
People that get on here and pine for the likes of Friedgen and Tenuta to be called back to the Flats today are confusing nostalgia with current market performance/value.

GT to AZ

Helluva Engineer
People that get on here and pine for the likes of Friedgen and Tenuta to be called back to the Flats today are confusing nostalgia with current market performance/value.
Correct. I don't think our defense has caught Woodrow Dantzler yet.

Edit: I should clarify that I do miss Friedgen though. That's not just nostalgia but was actual awesome performance.

Last edited:

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
It's funny how in the mid-late 90s our offense was one of the best in the nation and then in the 2000s are defense was one of the best as well. Why can't they ever coexist?

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
I’ve always liked older coordinators that have been there and done that. Making adjustments on the fly and at halftime are key in today’s landscape.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I was disappointed in the defense last year, though I guess the lack of practice time and decimation of the front 7 made the back end look much worse than they really were. We've looked great, particularly in the secondary. Not to dwell on the NIU game much, but even in that one their receivers made some stupid good catches in tight coverage.

I think this might be our best defense since 2006.