FOOTBALL AVG. CROWD SIZE: 2023 Season

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
GDL8LT-W4AA4Pw6.jpeg

Fresno States leads all G5 programs and several P5’s in average attendance.
GDMEA9ibkAA8i8k.jpeg

What can Georgia Tech do besides WIN more to get the 46-49K fans back that we had during the Paul Johnson era?

Let's brain storm:
1) Create an easy to get to list of parking available for football games. List should have number of total spots available and the cost for each game. Distance to walk to BDS@HF. If the list was updated in real time so you can see available spots on the way down, even better.

2) Create a tailgate finding system to help individuals and groups create tailgates. Have people enter demographic info (interests, etc) and suggest connections. Promote tailgating by having staff roam pregame and stop at tailgates to give away free Tech gear.

3) Target sports fans:
a) Partner with the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks to put a flyer in the hands of all their season tickets holders with info about the upcoming season including ticket availability and costs, parking availability and costs, and pre game activities.
b) Leverage data mining to find recent transplants to Atlanta who were into college sports where they moved from (alumni of big10/12 for example).

4) In game free seat upgrades. Target the new single ticket buyers to upgrade. Bought the nose bleeds in the upper north and have never bought tickets before? Go find them before the start of the game and move them to better seats for free. Give them a free hotdog and a Coke on the way.

Eliminate the south seating. Put in a layered "Chop House" style eatery of premium seating available to season ticket holders by reservation. Randomly select 5 season ticket holder packages, per game, to solicit to receive the upgrade, burger/hotdog, fries, and non alcoholic drinks free of charge.

Get rid of Peter's parking and make Peter's park for pregame festivities.

Start competing for conference championships again.

Let's brain storm:
1) Create an easy to get to list of parking available for football games. List should have number of total spots available and the cost for each game. Distance to walk to BDS@HF. If the list was updated in real time so you can see available spots on the way down, even better.

2) Create a tailgate finding system to help individuals and groups create tailgates. Have people enter demographic info (interests, etc) and suggest connections. Promote tailgating by having staff roam pregame and stop at tailgates to give away free Tech gear.

3) Target sports fans:
a) Partner with the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks to put a flyer in the hands of all their season tickets holders with info about the upcoming season including ticket availability and costs, parking availability and costs, and pre game activities.
b) Leverage data mining to find recent transplants to Atlanta who were into college sports where they moved from (alumni of big10/12 for example).

4) In game free seat upgrades. Target the new single ticket buyers to upgrade. Bought the nose bleeds in the upper north and have never bought tickets before? Go find them before the start of the game and move them to better seats for free. Give them a free hotdog and a Coke on the way.

Extremely well thought out. Are any other schools doing one or more of these?

Biggest crowd, outside of 51k for UGAg game, was UNC right at 36k

Some of this graph is driven by stadium capacity, for example I don't believe Auburn is a bigger draw than ND. Still there are some surprises in here for me, Oregon is only drawing 55.9K, which is way less than VaTech at 64.7K. I'm a little surprised that Vandy and NWestern don't draw more just from opposing fans.

Some of this graph is driven by stadium capacity, for example I don't believe Auburn is a bigger draw than ND. Still there are some surprises in here for me, Oregon is only drawing 55.9K, which is way less than VaTech at 64.7K. I'm a little surprised that Vandy and NWestern don't draw more just from opposing fans.
Vandy's home schedule was trash. Also, they capped their capacity at 28,500 due to stadium construction this year.

Hawaii (21k)
Alabama A&M (22k)
UK (26k)
Mizzou (26k)
Ugag (28.5k)
Awbuhn (28.5k)

This may come as a shock to some, but Autzen Stadium (Oregon) seats 54K. So, if they are averaging 55.9K, then they got that sumb*tch filled to the gills.

Also, I understand that place is one of the loudest. BDS is as well when it’s poppin’.

Winning is the only thing. We still had above 40,000 for every game (nearly) before Paul was gone.
We used to average closer to 45-48 during the Gailey years prior to DRad changing us over to the PRL.

We’re definitely in need of some consistent winning seasons, improvements to the overall experience, and new ideas out the ass to get this turned around quickly.

Autzen Stadium only seats 54k, so that one is definitely driven by stadium size.

Autzen Stadium only seats 54k, so that one is definitely driven by stadium size.

This is like chicken and egg arguments. Attendance is driven by attendance. If they could consistently draw larger crowds they would expand their stadiums. Oregon may be a top TV draw and premier program, but Oregon is a sparsely populated state and it shouldn't be surprising.

This is like chicken and egg arguments. Attendance is driven by attendance. If they could consistently draw larger crowds they would expand their stadiums. Oregon may be a top TV draw and premier program, but Oregon is a sparsely populated state and it shouldn't be surprising.
What about Dysentery? All my life I’ve been hearing about Oregon and that mess. Their wagons ain’t öööö .

Back