FOOTBALL AVG. CROWD SIZE: 2023 Season

So they should have loved the noon games right?

We really need to work hard to promote to youth and young families. Now that the product isn't miserable it may actually work.

Noon and move the stadium to Forsyth County and they might have the courage to venture out to a game.

The big city ain't for everyone, I guess. I've just personally never experienced (or even seen) crime on a gameday. You go to even more games than I do, have you ever seen any?

(Just trying to get some anecdotal evidence out there for anyone reading who may have this particular concern.)

I’ve seen some criminally bad games on the field, but nothing outside of that.

The big city ain't for everyone, I guess. I've just personally never experienced (or even seen) crime on a gameday. You go to even more games than I do, have you ever seen any?

(Just trying to get some anecdotal evidence out there for anyone reading who may have this particular concern.)
Take the 17th street exit south to 10th street and you will run into young black kids going car to car selling water. Also happens at the same exit for basketball. They do create a problem with sheer numbers.

Take the 17th street exit south to 10th street and you will run into young black kids going car to car selling water. Also happens at the same exit for basketball. They do create a problem with sheer numbers.
Yes, I've seen them. I'd file that more under "annoyance" than "crime," though. Similar to the occasional panhandler or bucket-drummer that may pop up around midtown. They all mind their own business if you ignore them, in my experience.

Yes, I've seen them. I'd file that more under "annoyance" than "crime," though. Similar to the occasional panhandler or bucket-drummer that may pop up around midtown. They all mind their own business if you ignore them, in my experience.
Yeah, had one talk to me at Piedmont Park. He's asked for some money, which I don't carry, but he was polite about it. IIWII

Pitt averaged 48K? Virginia averaged 43K? I don't believe those numbers.

Is crime an issue on gameday? I've never encountered any. :dunno:

No, it's not. Anyone who replies that parking or crime isn't an issue is missing the point. We're talking about marketing. Actuality isn't relevant, perception is, especially the perception of our target market. The metro Atlanta area is 5.1M people. 4M+ of those live outside of the perimeter. Not only is that demographic more populous, I suspect they're more likely to be inclined to come to a Tech athletic event (see Braves, Cobb County relocation). I suspect a high percentage of those rarely come to midtown and therefore have no experience to draw from in order to form a first hand opinion. Therefore they probably form an opinion using second hand anecdotal information (including the news). I suspect if you asked a random OTP'er with no connection to Tech their thoughts about going to a football game (on their own, not with an existing fan), the first three things that run through their mind are: traffic, parking, and crime. If parking and crime is not a problem (and note, I agree it's not which was part of my point) then providing that info only helps your cause. Perhaps I'm wrong in my assumptions but I'm not in charge of marketing Tech athletics so these are all wild ass assumptions and guesses. The question is, have the people in charge of marketing Tech athletic events researched these topics and asked these questions.

You think you are going to get attacked by kids who are actually trying to provide a service and work for their money?

For the Falcons, Harbaugh winning + Kraft letting Belichick go = Falcons actually hiring the best coach possible

I’ve also never seen a crime on game day.

Hope this came out wrong. Would make sense if you were referring to crackheads but water selling kids?

Somehow we were able to to put 45,000 in the stadium in the 90’s and on game day, three hours before kickoff, you could pay to park in the Physics lot and enjoy tailgating, shop at the Bookstore, use the restroom at the Student Center, hear the band warmup, enjoy Budweiser played at the library and then walk down the hill with the band. Others were using the Student Center parking areas. We lost the EE lot and a little Textiles parking as we added to green space, but parking lots North of 5th Street in lots across from the reactor and near Area 3 dorms on West Campus were decent for tailgating.

Now more of us are having to use parking decks. Tailgating is not as close to the center of campus and requires rolling your gear to and from the car. On Fifth Street bridge you are a long way from the band and other pregame activities. Compared to other Southern schools I would have graded the gameday tailgating experience at Tech as a solid B+. Now, that grade would drop to a C- for me.

Back