FOOTBALL AVG. CROWD SIZE: 2023 Season

I didn't mean to turn this into the one millionth discussion on Chan, only to show that we were drawing fewer people while winning more.

Got to schedule games that people want to see.

Most importantly, got to win games.

I don’t think parking has a lot to do with it, but it will when more people start showing up.

JJ’s chophouse idea is good. Got to sell the experience. Suites for those who 80k, but also good experiences for those who don’t.

Make kids want to come and their parents are more likely to bring them. Zip lines, cotton candy, football throwing cages, etc.

Aww, what were you going to say?
I honestly figured the practice was tolerated in the city. (Sounds like it was under Lance-Bottoms.) There's a pretty high number of ad hoc water (and beer and liquor) sellers around MBS and Piedmont Park during events, without even trying to be discrete. If the City of Atlanta can crack down on that it can only help Tech. I'd say it's mostly out of the Hill's hands, though.
headed to a game earlier this year, we were sitting in traffic on the SB ramp to 14th. Traffic was backed way up and the water boys were out. Lady way in front of us rolled her window down for them and one of them reached in and snatched her purse. Didn’t even run off, just moved on down the street rifling through the purse, with his pack of water thugs in tow. Brazen, in broad daylight, with no fear of repercussions.

when we drove past the scene of the crime, the lady was still pulled over and a buddy of mine was with her - he happened to be in the car behind her, headed to the game. He’s the kind of guy I’d tell you not to mess with, and wouldn’t surprise me to know he was packing, but he’s smart enough to not pull his gun in a crowded spot like that just to save a purse.

That’s the only crime I can recall seeing on game day. Of course, when I was a student in the 90’s, getting mugged in Midtown was a right of passage.

I don’t think parking has a lot to do with it, but it will when more people start showing up.

JJ’s chophouse idea is good. Got to sell the experience. Suites for those who 80k, but also good experiences for those who don’t.

Make kids want to come and their parents are more likely to bring them. Zip lines, cotton candy, football throwing cages, etc.
Tech fans: We want family friendly activities.

GTAA: Best we can do is a Ludacris concert on the wrong side of the stadium.

headed to a game earlier this year, we were sitting in traffic on the SB ramp to 14th. Traffic was backed way up and the water boys were out. Lady way in front of us rolled her window down for them and one of them reached in and snatched her purse. Didn’t even run off, just moved on down the street rifling through the purse, with his pack of water thugs in tow. Brazen, in broad daylight, with no fear of repercussions.

when we drove past the scene of the crime, the lady was still pulled over and a buddy of mine was with her - he happened to be in the car behind her, headed to the game. He’s the kind of guy I’d tell you not to mess with, and wouldn’t surprise me to know he was packing, but he’s smart enough to not pull his gun in a crowded spot like that just to save a purse.

That’s the only crime I can recall seeing on game day. Of course, when I was a student in the 90’s, getting mugged in Midtown was a right of passage.
Yikes, that sucks. Maybe the water boy issue is worse than I thought.

For real. He was the best 7-5 coach ever.
The only reason he was let go was failure to beat UGAg, and we nearly did that 3IAR. Even in 2008, CPJ got a timely fumble from a 17 year old to help us win the ballgame. Our luck with Chan was to have the referees help UGAg on a fumble.

That was a ööööshow. Could not get through that area. Seemed borderline dangerous

A good, consistent product on the field with a few season of greatness would go along way towards bringing in new/sidewalk fans and or getting some lost oral fans back. We can't be a flash in the frying pan program.

The home experience continues to gain popularity, especially with the younger crowd more apt to not come to the game or have any interest at all.

The only reason he was let go was failure to beat UGAg, and we nearly did that 3IAR. Even in 2008, CPJ got a timely fumble from a 17 year old to help us win the ballgame. Our luck with Chan was to have the referees help UGAg on a fumble.

I feel the ACCCG against Wake also played a big role.

These goals work against each other, especially in the current environment. Even our own fans have been brainwashed that the only games that matter and are worth watching are SEC, ND, and maybe FSU and Clemson, versus an entertaining and competitive game against UNC or VPI or somebody.

If we please those fans with a schedule that’s, like, FSU, ND, Alabama, Clemson, and U[sic]GA with a G5 bowl team as a cupcake, we’re going to be hard pressed to win more than 6 or 7 games a year.

JRjr

These goals work against each other, especially in the current environment. Even our own fans have been brainwashed that the only games that matter and are worth watching are SEC, ND, and maybe FSU and Clemson, versus an entertaining and competitive game against UNC or VPI or somebody.

If we please those fans with a schedule that’s, like, FSU, ND, Alabama, Clemson, and U[sic]GA with a G5 bowl team as a cupcake, we’re going to be hard pressed to win more than 6 or 7 games a year.

JRjr
I didn’t say it was going to be easy. But having Clemson, FSU, Miami and UGa on the schedule is important. We gotta spend the money to get the players to get the wins, or at least be competitive.

Yeah, but with a 730 start time I don't think many young kids were there. I didn't even bother going over there because I assumed the crowds would be unpleasant at best. We need to have Luda pregame for our less desirable games. It would be lit to have him pregame for a game against a hbcu.

ND at MB sucks.

I hope we're seeing the end of the MBS games after this year. Outside of the concessions, it just feels like a neutral site and doesn't reap any benefit to me outside of it being a recruiting tool for players to 'play' in the Benz. Why give the enemy a foothold in the stadium?

If the current participation of our students is any indicator, we should have growth in fanbase. Our student section in the north was full almost every game and was over capacity for UGAg

It seemed like the south end zone was rough most of the year - I assume it's still the non-block area.

It seemed like the south end zone was rough most of the year - I assume it's still the non-block area.
They really just need to give up on student seating in the south end zone. Need to make it some sort of season ticket holder restaurant or just something. Even with it being student seating the opposing fans in the corner manage to take over a bit of it as it is always so empty.

They really just need to give up on student seating in the south end zone. Need to make it some sort of season ticket holder restaurant or just something. Even with it being student seating the opposing fans in the corner manage to take over a bit of it as it is always so empty.
I love this idea. I went to a Bama game with a buddy a couple years back and they have seating in that same endzone location that has a lounge/ free food/Tvs below it and lockers where you can bring in any alcohol you can fit the day before the game and drink it during the game. It was a very fun experience and would be a great way to turn those empty seats into a premium place to be.

I'd love to see them build and underground parking structure with a nice green space at surface level.
austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

Back