For what its worth....

Originally posted by BeeBad:
ahso - you have carved out a rather nice little niche for yourself... You don't take a position one way or the other on gailey... all you say is you are going to wait & see after this year.. Which is fine... But by saying that you abdicate the right to criticize others who have the guts to express an opinion.. You haven't earned the right to criticize others until you come off the fence yourself... What you are doing I believe is called "Cheap Shotting"...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahsoisee, never criticizes somebody. he's stated many a times that he doesn't hate anyone here.

ahsoisee doesn't criticize a person, he criticizes a person's positions, the examples they use, their blind eye towards the other side of the fence.

you should know very well what a cheap shot means. you're good at taking them.

you have a lot of guts to express an opinion? you have yet to explain why after being an anti-thesis of a tech fan, you root for tech.

here's a list

a) graduation rates are over rated.
b) college football is pure selfish enterntainment.
c) you make fun of engineers.
d) you even make fun of yellow in yellow jackets .. lol
e) you don't care to attend any games, forget about season tix or donating money to the AA.
f) you're not a tech grad .. you have no discernable affiliation towards tech .. you don't understand what graduating from tech means.

you're the perfect fit for a mutt fan at worst and an SEC fan at best. yet you claim to be a "tech" fan. why do you root for tech?

you say you have "guts" to express an opinion on a message board? how much guts does it take to type a few words sitting behind a computer screen?

show up at a tail gate in one of the coming home games if you have guts. i'll buy you all the beer you can drink.

this is my biggest problem with folk like beebad and beeware. they claim to be huge tech fans, beeware would claim that he goes to all games, yet he doesn't have any guts to show up and meet some stingtalkers and share a brew with them.

unbelievable beebad, your idea of having guts is to express opinions on a message board. hell, you won't even attend a tech booster meeting and question gailey face to face with some of your "concerns".

and you are "critical" about people taking cheap shots? LMAO

a magical mushroom omelet indeed.

I think that Ahso is making some good points. I go a little further than Ahso. Not only do I want to give Chan a fair chance, like Ahso, I am already committed to him. IMHO, I think that Chan is going to do great things at GT if we will give him support. I think that last year was in no way typical for him. The GO, BOB, and Mac fiascos had everybody reeling. Chan came with a saddle and a bridle on him. In the saddle was BOB, and our offense went out the window. Then hit the injury bug. It is a miracle that we did as well as we did. The Bridle was being handled by Braine and Moore, and our depth just went out the window.

In GO's last year, we could not run the clock out against MD and ran out of bounds with seconds left giving MD the chance to march down field and kick the winning FG.

Clemson was decimated by injuries, and they kicked us all over the field. We would have lost our last 2 games but we beat a demoralized Stanford team.

BeeBad, if you call my posts being on the fence, you are in a heap of trouble trying to interpret the English Language.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ahso, you are neither for or against gailey.. unless you would like to make an announcement to the contrary, you are the official "Fence Sitter"...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Ahso, you are neither for or against gailey.. unless you would like to make an announcement to the contrary, you are the official "Fence Sitter"...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">wannabee, your stupidity knows no bounds.

unless you state why you're a tech fan given the facts that make you sound the anti-thesis of one, you are the official "Mutt Mole" ...

how ridiculous .. lol .. one can always bank on you for a good laff

Originally posted by mustard:
I think that Ahso is making some good points. I go a little further than Ahso. Not only do I want to give Chan a fair chance, like Ahso, I am already committed to him. IMHO, I think that Chan is going to do great things at GT if we will give him support. I think that last year was in no way typical for him. The GO, BOB, and Mac fiascos had everybody reeling. Chan came with a saddle and a bridle on him. In the saddle was BOB, and our offense went out the window. Then hit the injury bug. It is a miracle that we did as well as we did. The Bridle was being handled by Braine and Moore, and our depth just went out the window.

In GO's last year, we could not run the clock out against MD and ran out of bounds with seconds left giving MD the chance to march down field and kick the winning FG.

Clemson was decimated by injuries, and they kicked us all over the field. We would have lost our last 2 games but we beat a demoralized Stanford team.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The only saddle Chan had coming here was his own! If you read all his comments when he took this job - he was ready to take over a program that was a Top 25. He didn't want to go to a program rebuilding and fix anyone's mess! Obviously, he saw all the things he liked here in that area. AFTER ONLY ONE YEAR - ONE YEAR, WE ARE HAVING DISCUSSIONS HERE ABOUT TOTAL BACKWARDS THRASHING!!!

The saddle Mustard was him not wanting to give every effort possible before he coached A LICK!!
I have a problem with anyone taking a job and making this kinds of remarks - your damn lazy!! You want to delegate and not have hands-on, I see this all the time - I hire people all the time. Those comments made me sick! This IS A JOB FIRST - you accepted $900k a year to do it - you failed big time in your first year. Forget the x's and o's - I'm looking at all the other stuff!!

As a Tech fan - I want someone busting their tail from day one! I want someone who seeks out and finds out at every turn - what do I do, what can I do, how do I lead, how do I coach, who are the people that I need to talk with at every level of MY PROGRAM TO MAKE SURE I KNOW WHAT THE HECK I'M DOING, connect with my players, teach my players, be a father to my players, bring the fans together, talk to the fans.

He has a lot to prove to me and lots others out here - the only time he's my coach is if he does what is right for this school and in this job, so far he gets an F!

PASSIVENESS IN YOUR JOB WILL GET YOU ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!! One year of his passiveness has hurt this program dramatically - I don't care if you don't believe - it happened! You attended this school - YOUR SCHOOL IS FIRST AND FOREMOST. I critizize him for what HE DIDN'T DO!

Ahso, you have obviously misinterpreted my post or I did a poor job of expressing myself. My point is Chan Gailey did not know how to run a Division 1-A college program. Now whatever reasons you want to give to that is fine. George O'Leary did. He had been at Tech before and he had a plan (as all successful coaches do) when he got hired on the steps he needed to take to be successful. Now if one of those steps was hiring the best offensive coordinator in the country, give him credit. My question is where is Gailey's plan? Why did he not hire his own offensive coordinator? Why did he not correct that mistake until this year? He spent last year learning on the job and that caused mistakes. I feel we are paying him to much for that.

As far as facts go here is one, George O'Leary took a program that won 1 game the year before. In his first full year, he won 5. That is a huge improvement. Chan Gailey took a program that won seven games the year before he got here and he won seven. No improvement. Good coaches improve their teams.

I do not want Gailey to fail, that would mean Tech would fail. I just want him to show me he is as good as advertised. I will admit he pissed me off by pulling that "stay in Miami" stuff when he should have been devoting all of his energy to being the Head Coach at Georgia Tech. Now he has his staff, his team, its his program. Time to earn his salary.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
[qb]PASSIVENESS IN YOUR JOB WILL GET YOU ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!! One year of his passiveness has hurt this program dramatically - I don't care if you don't believe - it happened! You attended this school - YOUR SCHOOL IS FIRST AND FOREMOST. I critizize him for what HE DIDN'T DO!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well said!! If I am ever back in Atlanta, I owe you an adult beverage.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
MsTA, it makes little to no difference what the outgoing coach tells the incoming coach about the academic administration if it has been changed.

If the system had changed and the rules had changed, the information from O'Leary was outdated and meant nothing to Gailey.

If I was the incoming coach, I would also be nice and say nice things about the coach I was replacing. Only a foolish person would do otherwise. You sure do use poor examples.

I have used facts in presenting my case of O'Leary's beginning pitted against Gailey's beginning and the facts show Gailey's record to be superior to O'Leary's first 2 1/3 years of coaching at Tech. That is indisputable. It is record, it is fact.

Now, talk about someone having their head in the sand.

It is also an indisputable fact that Gaileys football background and record was far superior to O'Leary's when GOL came to Tech. It is also indisputable that GOL had never been a head coach of a Division I team when he came to Tech.

It is also undisputable Gailey had more experience playing football than O'Leary. So, with all the qualifications of fact being on Gailey's side instead of GOL, all of your comparisons are mighty weak, in fact, quite laughable.

So, you can blow smoke all you want to and continue on your vendetta with the lynching mob, but you have no statistics to back up any of your arguments. They are all weak.

It is evident to me, as posted many times, you and the lynching party have a terrible ego problem because your ego was all bottled up in GOL, BOB, and Mac. Your ego is destroyed because your hero GOL quit, and BOB and Mac were not good enough to get the job.

Whine, whine, whine.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You talked about saying nice things about the outgoing coach - let me give you this straight - on that night and on that day - NO ONE IN THAT AUDIENCE WAS READY TO HERE GOOD THINGS ABOUT GEORGE! I was there, you weren't. People in the audience before it started were talking negatively about George leaving us behind. About George's resume, about the whole NOTRE DAME THING. Everybody there was mad at George for leaving, for lying for everything.

Chan sure went against the grain in front of his first BIG AUDIENCE! If he wanted to ingratiate himself to the Tech faithful, that night was not the night to bring up George! No, on the contrary, his position then was one of respect and I'm going to tell the masses what I want to do based on that Top 25 program he came to come to and what George did so he could do that.

Everyone was surprised in that audience when he chose to talk about Coach O'Leary on his own! I was pleasantly surprised and give him credit because he gave credit where credit was due! I talked to one coach that night and a few others inside - he defintely knew by their comments the impact of George and he knew what it took to coach here.

MsTech, the day you report that you have sat down and talked to Chan Gailey about what he knew and didn't know, what he was saddled with and what he wasn't saddled with, what his notions of how to run a program are and aren't, I for one will take you seriously. Right now you merely sound as if you're carrying a torch for a coach who left Tech for "greener pastures."

You have insisted that we are all fans here. Why don't you act like one with regard to our coach who is entering his second year? Everyone has a right to his opinion, and blah blah blah, but constantly slamming CG just gets tiresome.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
MsTA, it makes little to no difference what the outgoing coach tells the incoming coach about the academic administration if it has been changed.

If the system had changed and the rules had changed, the information from O'Leary was outdated and meant nothing to Gailey.

If I was the incoming coach, I would also be nice and say nice things about the coach I was replacing. Only a foolish person would do otherwise. You sure do use poor examples.

I have used facts in presenting my case of O'Leary's beginning pitted against Gailey's beginning and the facts show Gailey's record to be superior to O'Leary's first 2 1/3 years of coaching at Tech. That is indisputable. It is record, it is fact.

Now, talk about someone having their head in the sand.

It is also an indisputable fact that Gaileys football background and record was far superior to O'Leary's when GOL came to Tech. It is also indisputable that GOL had never been a head coach of a Division I team when he came to Tech.

It is also undisputable Gailey had more experience playing football than O'Leary. So, with all the qualifications of fact being on Gailey's side instead of GOL, all of your comparisons are mighty weak, in fact, quite laughable.

So, you can blow smoke all you want to and continue on your vendetta with the lynching mob, but you have no statistics to back up any of your arguments. They are all weak.

It is evident to me, as posted many times, you and the lynching party have a terrible ego problem because your ego was all bottled up in GOL, BOB, and Mac. Your ego is destroyed because your hero GOL quit, and BOB and Mac were not good enough to get the job.

Whine, whine, whine.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No I'm not whining, I'm DOWN RIGHT MAD AS HELL!!
My hero is George thank you very much for mentioning it - My ego is my own, you SEEM TO HAVE A DAMN BIG ONE YOURSELF FOR SOMEONE - who contradicts my facts and who wasn't there! Guess you need to meet more folks.

Experience on Gailey's part???????? Let's talk successes: These FACTS MY MAN, were in a Sports Illustrated article last fall:

O'Leary was a very successful high school coach. And has a winning percentage of 80%.

O'Leary was one of the top defensive coordinators in the nation at Syracuse under Coach McPherson. He was named by his peers on two occasions during that tenure as the BEST DIV. 1 DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN THE NATION. And, by the way - Syracuse defenses when he was there ranked in the Top 10!

He comes here with Bobby Ross - our defenses ABSOLOUTELY ROCKED, WITH O'Leary. We won with him at the Coordinators position - Ross knew with him and Friedgen where his toast was buttered!

He goes to San Diego with Ross - Friedgen on offense, O'leary on defense - they win AGAIN, GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!

He is hired to come back here and REJUVENATE I VERY DOWN TRODDEN PROGRAM, AFTER THE MESS LEWIS LEFT; oh by the way, HE TAKES ON THE CHALLENGE and never comments on going to a "top 25 program" or never says, he doesn't want to fix anyone's mess!

He proceeds to hire and change Tech's future - from all aspects. Any head coach is only as good as the assistants he hires - Looks like he knew how to hire too! He gave us our respect back, he built the program so WE COULD ENHANCE THE STADIUM, so that we could enhance our schedule, so that we could compete. His winning ways put us on TV - All the time!

So now you're going to talk about Chan?????? Chan was a Div 11 coach at Troy state and an NFL assistant for years - his one chance for HC, he got FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!! As an HR Manager - FIRED IS NOT GOOD!

Looks like his 2nd chance at HC is not going to well either - I wonder why?????

Originally posted by Wrecked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
[qb]PASSIVENESS IN YOUR JOB WILL GET YOU ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!! One year of his passiveness has hurt this program dramatically - I don't care if you don't believe - it happened! You attended this school - YOUR SCHOOL IS FIRST AND FOREMOST. I critizize him for what HE DIDN'T DO!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well said!! If I am ever back in Atlanta, I owe you an adult beverage.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Please let us know - would like that chance as well!

Slamming is your word - evaluation is mine! Under that word, here it is:

No raise after your first year of employment. Your goals as set forth by the company - you must improve on your failures, you must enhance the quality of your department and product. You must put the company/school in a position to succeed and win. You need to put a plan together to achieve those goals in the next year and adhere to them.

A warning is being given at this your evaluation time, that if you cannot succeed in making these things happen, the company/school will look at making a change and your tenure here will be ended.

I also look back on the greener pasture days as you say, because the make me SMILE! I love smiling - it's good for me. I haven't smiled in over a year! I'm sad, frustrated and not overly joyess in all this darn mess. Do I see bright lights - NO. When I do see them, I'll come back here and say so - until then, reservation is the name of this game.

Just a correction MS, George was on our sideline when the Chargers went to the Super Bowl in 1994.

But you hit on the bigger picture which is the successful college coaches are not the geniuses with the X's and O's (although that can help) they are the ones who know how to run a program. The Paternos, Dooleys, Bryants, Dodds and Bowdens didn't coach. They ruled a kingdom. Its like the quote from "A Few Good Men", "its the difference between paper law and trial law." My only beef with Gailey it seems he came in unprepared for the off the field aspects of his job and expected Braine to pick up his slack. I don't doubt Gailey can coach and I think he now knows that this is his ship and he better personally look after all areas of it, or hire people he can trust to do it.

Originally posted by Wrecked:
Just a correction MS, George was on our sideline when the Chargers went to the Super Bowl in 1994.

But you hit on the bigger picture which is the successful college coaches are not the geniuses with the X's and O's (although that can help) they are the ones who know how to run a program. The Paternos, Dooleys, Bryants, Dodds and Bowdens didn't coach. They ruled a kingdom. Its like the quote from "A Few Good Men", "its the difference between paper law and trial law." My only beef with Gailey it seems he came in unprepared for the off the field aspects of his job and expected Braine to pick up his slack. I don't doubt Gailey can coach and I think he now knows that this is his ship and he better personally look after all areas of it, or hire people he can trust to do it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for the correction - he was there during that year but came mid-term here. It still enforces my comment on building his defense at San Diego - he made his mark there as well, then came here.

When all is said and done - I agree with you in what is expected and what a coach needs to do here.

Chan came in and did a really good job with what he had. Without a QB, he did what GO did with Godsey. He was saddled with an antagonistic group of so-called fans who gripe even when we win. There is just no satisfying them. He was saddled with BOB, Braine and Moore. Beeware said nothing good in over a year. Some can not think of anything positive to say about GT football.

Come on gang, lets pull for Chan.

There was a lady whose car conked out at a busy intesection. An impatient man pulled up behind her and started blowing the horn. The lady got exasperated and flooded the carburetor while trying to start it. Meanwhile the man just kept blowing the horn. After a while in desperation and frustration, the lady walked back to the man blowing the horn and said: "If you will go try to start my car, I will stay back here and blow the horn for you."

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY WRECKED

Ahso, you have obviously misinterpreted my post or I did a poor job of expressing myself. My point is Chan Gailey did not know how to run a Division 1-A college program. Now whatever reasons you want to give to that is fine. George O'Leary did. He had been at Tech before and he had a plan (as all successful coaches do) when he got hired on the steps he needed to take to be successful.

Now if one of those steps was hiring the best offensive coordinator in the country, give him credit. My question is where is Gailey's plan? Why did he not hire his own offensive coordinator? Why did he not correct that mistake until this year? He spent last year learning on the job and that caused mistakes. I feel we are paying him to much for that.

As far as facts go here is one, George O'Leary took a program that won 1 game the year before. In his first full year, he won 5. That is a huge improvement. Chan Gailey took a program that won seven games the year before he got here and he won seven. No improvement. Good coaches improve their teams.

I do not want Gailey to fail, that would mean Tech would fail. I just want him to show me he is as good as advertised. I will admit he pissed me off by pulling that "stay in Miami" stuff when he should have been devoting all of his energy to being the Head Coach at Georgia Tech. Now he has his staff, his team, its his program. Time to earn his salary.

ANSWER TO WRECKED POST

You started your remarks off again with innuendos without facts.

You stated Gailey did not know how to run a Division I program. Neither did O'Leary, since he was 11-14 in his first 2 1/3 years here with an 0-3 record against UGA and no bowl games.

Gailey has been here one year with a 7-6 record and one bowl game. Those are undisputible facts.

You stated GOL had a plan, so does Gailey. What is the difference? Gailey has been more successful than GOL to date with his plan, 7-6 and a bowl against 11-14 no bowls and three UGA losses in that span for GOL. Again, facts.

You say GOL took the steps to be successful, he hired Friegden. Nothing wrong with that, are you going to give Gailey the same chance? It took GOL 2 1/3 years to hire a new OC, it took Gailey only one year to can BOB and get new offensive coordinators. Another fact, another plus for Gailey.

Your next fallacy, O'Leary lost three and won none in his first year and had a 6-5 record the second year. He then went backwards the third year with a 5-6 record.

That makes his record for that period 11-14 with three losses and no wins against UGA and no bowl games. The fact still remains that Gailey was 7-6 his first year and went to a bowl game. The facts are still indisputable that Gailey's record is better than O'Leary's beginning.

I could care less how many games were lost the previous year before GOL. It has been well documented there was a huge morale problem the last year of Bill Lewis, so any coaching change would have done better the next year.

The only thing you have stated that is true is that it is time for him to earn his money. Yes, that is what the sane people of the board are waiting for is this coming season in order to make factual judgements.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY MsTechAnalysis:

They sure do make a difference when one worked and the other one didn't!!

And I don't find "degenerating" back to something that works a negative in this instance, in my business or any other.

The only things changing at Tech since O'Leary is the academic standards - higher but the system he used is what worked, that's all folks. If he had that kind of system in place and we were already in a tough situation academically - I guess the future is to enhance on what worked and add to it!

And ASSUMING Gailey will be successful in his efforts to recruit nationally is what we're all doing right now. Just as you have said in the past - show me what you can do, don't tell me. Telling is worth nothing, results is worth everything.[/QB][/QUOTE]

ANSWER TO MsTechAnalysis QUOTE ABOVE

One worked and the other didn't is a stupid statement. One system is no longer operational and was canned by the administration. It is obvious to all that Gailey could not use a system that was prohibited last year, thus the stupidity of the statement.

The degeneration is back to an era that does not exist any more and can not exist again. The same situations do not apply. You are degenerating from the present and future back to a past that is obsolete and non-existant at Tech.

Your next statement is totally false. The only thing that changed was the academics. The whole tutoring process with Gailey and the coaches taken out of the system changed. Also the failure of previous coaches to recruit the athlete that could pass Tech courses was part of last years problem.

Braine stated Gailey had no control over the matter, so we know that is fact. Moore stated the biggest problem was with the athletes who failed, another fact. So your statement is untrue.

No, you are wrong about enhancing what worked in the past as the permanent guide. Any good manager knows there are times when you have to completely scuttle a system and start over, because the initial system may be outdated and fatally flawed. So your statement here is only your opinion and is no better than another's opinion.

Your next statement is false. I have not stated nor assumed Gailey would be successful in his efforts to recruit locally or nationally. All I stated was his initial questioning about money available for national recruiting.

It is fact, he has seriously expanded his recruiting into other States with higher educational stats. I have no idea if it will be successful and have not stated such.

And just as I have stated in the past and constantly, Gailey or any other coach at Tech deserves the same chance as O'Leary had. Nobody has told you anythng that will happen. I have stated this year will give us a very good indication of Gailey's ability or inability to win at Tech.

Anything else you might spin other than what I have written is nothing more than smoke from you.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Back