From 2010-Present...

scatman22

Flats Noob
CPJ is:

• 8-17 vs. teams finishing the season over .500 (9th best in the ACC in that timeframe)
  • 1-4 in games decided by 4pts or less
  • 5-9 in games decided by 7pts or less
  • 0-10 vs teams ranked in Sagarin's RPI 1-30 (BC and Duke only other ACC teams w/o a win in this category in this timeframe)
  • 1-8 vs. Top 25 (time of game)
  • Combined winning percentage of teams GT has beaten since 2010 is 39.18%. Only Wake is worse in this timeframe

I'm riding this year out with PJ. If we don't turn it around and show major improvement with promise going into next year, then I'm all for a change. Until then, I'll wear my "punch'em in the face" shirt proudly.

I mean öööö, we are playing a first year starting qb. That's not the only problem, but is major one. We'll get better. If not, see above statement.

stats stats stats stats

one win over clemson and you will all fall in love with him again.

a win over georgia (because god is pissed at them or Vad runs the option like teflon don under a hail storm) and CPJ will be given another contract.

season's not over, calm down

a win over georgia (because god is pissed at them or Vad runs the option like teflon don under a hail storm) and CPJ will be given another contract.

And rightfully so.

If we were a 7-8 win team yearly but (say) won 2 of 5 vs UGA, I'd be happier than hell. A UGA win is worth 3 wins.

Well if we beat Clemson and UGA, we will probably be looking at a 9-10 win season so I can't complain.

CPJ is:

• 8-17 vs. teams finishing the season over .500 (9th best in the ACC in that timeframe)
  • 1-4 in games decided by 4pts or less
  • 5-9 in games decided by 7pts or less
  • 0-10 vs teams ranked in Sagarin's RPI 1-30 (BC and Duke only other ACC teams w/o a win in this category in this timeframe)
  • 1-8 vs. Top 25 (time of game)
  • Combined winning percentage of teams GT has beaten since 2010 is 39.18%. Only Wake is worse in this timeframe

Clemson in 2011 wasn't in Sagarin's top 30? What.

We aren't beating Clemson or the mutts. We're getting rolled by BYU Saturday. The talent deficit has finally caught up to us.

and scatman brings the scat whenever he posts.. much longer than since 2010

It's WAY past time for all you whiny-b*tch, glass half-empty d-bags fans to just......

:stfub:

I, for one, and sick & D*mn tired of seeing so-called fans trash everything and everyone in sight and spend time & effort developing all manner of stats that focus on the negative.

So, either..."Represent"...or just :gtfo2:

If we beat Georgia, Paul Johnson gets a free pass for two years.

If we lose to Georgia, we should begin searching for a new coach.

We aren't beating Clemson or the mutts. We're getting rolled by BYU Saturday. The talent deficit has finally caught up to us.

I think that happened a few years back, ouch

Having said that, current recruiting holds some promise

It's WAY past time for all you whiny-b*tch, glass half-empty d-bags fans to just......

:stfub:

I, for one, and sick & D*mn tired of seeing so-called fans trash everything and everyone in sight and spend time & effort developing all manner of stats that focus on the negative.

So, either..."Represent"...or just :gtfo2:

I lol'd

pretty sure i've seen this a few times already since saturday. it definitely didn't deserve its own thread when any with the words "fire", "fault", or "johnson" have already quoted these stats.

pretty sure i've seen this a few times already since saturday. it definitely didn't deserve its own thread when any with the words "fire", "fault", or "johnson" have already quoted these stats.

Actually, this is the first time I've seen these stats placed in comparison to the rest of the ACC.

In response to these stats, glass-half-full people often say "everyone tends to lose against better teams."

By comparing us to the rest of the league, it shows that the past few years really have been pretty poor.

What is the source for this compilation? It would take quite a bit of research to pull this together.

THIS is where I am right now also.

I really believe it will take some unbelievable coaching to overcome the talent gap that now exists, but maybe I will be proven wrong, and if so, I will be happy to be wrong!!

Back