From 2010-Present...

CPJ is:

• 8-17 vs. teams finishing the season over .500 (9th best in the ACC in that timeframe)
  • 1-4 in games decided by 4pts or less
  • 5-9 in games decided by 7pts or less
  • 0-10 vs teams ranked in Sagarin's RPI 1-30 (BC and Duke only other ACC teams w/o a win in this category in this timeframe)
  • 1-8 vs. Top 25 (time of game)
  • Combined winning percentage of teams GT has beaten since 2010 is 39.18%. Only Wake is worse in this timeframe

The Answer to the question is:
AL GROH (2010-2012)!!!!

The Answer to the question is:
AL GROH (2010-2012)!!!!
True story: Al Groh's defense gave up 42 points to Miami last year, including spotting them six in overtime.

Ted Roof's gave up 45.

True story: Al Groh's defense gave up 42 points to Miami last year, including spotting them six in overtime.

Ted Roof's gave up 45.

apples to apples? didn't Miami score 2 defensive tds?

True story, there were also points not scored on the defense.
Special teams gave Miami 2 points last year. And Al Groh's defense gave up 40 points and 600 yards in four quarters and one piss poor overtime. This year, the offense gave away 7 points and the defense gave up 38 points and 550 yards.

I don't see much improvement there.

Special teams gave Miami 2 points last year. And Al Groh's defense gave up 40 points and 600 yards in four quarters and one piss poor overtime. This year, the offense gave away 7 points and the defense gave up 38 points and 550 yards.

I don't see much improvement there.

Seems to me we've improved by 2 points and 50 yards. By 2027 we could expect to give up 0 points and -150 yards.

stats stats stats stats

one win over clemson and you will all fall in love with him again.

a win over georgia (because god is pissed at them or Vad runs the option like teflon don under a hail storm) and CPJ will be given another contract.

season's not over, calm down

and did you bet a large sum on GT beating VT?uM?
no?I guess talk is cheap
this guy is talking reality,you are in dreamland somewhere

I really don't see the purpose of taking a smaller sample size than the man's entire career at GT.

I really don't see the purpose of taking a smaller sample size than the man's entire career at GT.

The information captured is designed to imply that we are somehow on a football decline, sliding toward "football oblivion" as opposed to the reality which is that we have trended back down to a norm from a high point, outlying season.

and did you bet a large sum on GT beating VT?uM?
no?I guess talk is cheap
this guy is talking reality,you are in dreamland somewhere

i guess you did huh? i don't bet on teams that i root for. i don't need the mental anguish to be amplified with monetary one other than the ticket price.

and i'm not saying it's going to happen. i'm saying if it will happen then he'll be a hero again.

since talk is cheap let's see you put up the money to get him replaced mid-season. it goes both ways my friend

I'm riding this year out with PJ. If we don't turn it around and show major improvement with promise going into next year, then I'm all for a change. Until then, I'll wear my "punch'em in the face" shirt proudly.

I mean öööö, we are playing a first year starting qb. That's not the only problem, but is major one. We'll get better. If not, see above statement.

Should not CPJ's best, most experienced OL at GT provide some comp for that QB inexperience?

Should not CPJ's best, most experienced OL at GT provide some comp for that QB inexperience?

Well, 2 of the 5 of these most experienced didn't play for more than 3/4 of the game and, iirc, we played for some time in the second half without 3 of the 5.

Morgan Bailey was hurt in pre-game warmups, and B. Chamberlain started at RT. d'oh U eventually abused him on passing downs. After LT Ray Beno got hurt, Will Jackson moved from LG to LT, and Trey Braun came in to play LG. Then, I saw RS Fr Chase Roberts playing a good bit of the second half at LT. I think Will Jackson moved back to LG for a while, but iirc, he also left the game for awhile.

Our starting 5 had a lot of experience because they've been playing with the guys who've been seniors in previous years. The down side is that our "depth" doesn't have a lot of experience. I think we saw that this past Saturday.

Well, 2 of the 5 of these most experienced didn't play for more than 3/4 of the game and, iirc, we played for some time in the second half without 3 of the 5.

Morgan Bailey was hurt in pre-game warmups, and B. Chamberlain started at RT. d'oh U eventually abused him on passing downs. After LT Ray Beno got hurt, Will Jackson moved from LG to LT, and Trey Braun came in to play LG. Then, I saw RS Fr Chase Roberts playing a good bit of the second half at LT. I think Will Jackson moved back to LG for a while, but iirc, he also left the game for awhile.

Our starting 5 had a lot of experience because they've been playing with the guys who've been seniors in previous years. The down side is that our "depth" doesn't have a lot of experience. I think we saw that this past Saturday.

So we should only use the UM game as a measurable?

We are not the only team with injuries, never have been & never will be.

It gets done or it does not.

Back