FSU finally shoots down idiotic Big 12 chat

I realized that and that's why I said yes, but. No ACC school is making anything near Texas' $300 million on them. I don't blame FSU for looking into it, but truthfully, it probably isn't in their long term interest. The Big 12 could fall apart at any time if the PAC 10 or Big 10 decide to expand again.

At this point that's definitely true, but if both Clemson and FSU were to go to the Big XII it might increase the stability of the conference considerably, because they are both great brands and that would allow them to have a conference championship game. If I was the Big XII I would be going after them hard.

I realized that and that's why I said yes, but. No ACC school is making anything near Texas' $300 million on them. I don't blame FSU for looking into it, but truthfully, it probably isn't in their long term interest. The Big 12 could fall apart at any time if the PAC 10 or Big 10 decide to expand again.
I think FSU is worried a lot more about the money uga and UF make not as much Texas, because of who they recruit against. That's what this is all about. FSU has to do all it can to catch up even if complete catch up is not possible.

At this point that's definitely true, but if both Clemson and FSU were to go to the Big XII it might increase the stability of the conference considerably, because they are both great brands and that would allow them to have a conference championship game. If I was the Big XII I would be going after them hard.
a fat pay check Big 12 is about to get is what's going to stabilize them.

I think Clemson is an entirely different story. They have too much history and rivalries in the ACC to make money as big of a driver. Their fans wouldn't be as happy. I don't blame the Big 12 for trying but their members are always looking for better options. That's why it's telling that 3 of the original Big 8 members have already left. Texas A&M's departure is really telling about how much Texas throws their weight around.

We should never underestimate the power of ESPN to keep the ACC together, since they do "own" more of the ACC television rights than any other conference they are affiliated with.

We should never underestimate the power of ESPN to keep the ACC together, since they do "own" more of the ACC television rights than any other conference they are affiliated with.

That's a good point. Especially in basketball.

I think FSU is worried a lot more about the money uga and UF make not as much Texas, because of who they recruit against. That's what this is all about. FSU has to do all it can to catch up even if complete catch up is not possible.

a fat pay check Big 12 is about to get is what's going to stabilize them.

True, but how would it help them recruiting when they're not on TV in Georgia and most of Florida? Their problem isn't recruiting. They were ranked #2 this year. How would more money help?

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/classrankings

True, but how would it help them recruiting when they're not on TV in Georgia and most of Florida? Their problem isn't recruiting. They were ranked #2 this year. How would more money help?

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/classrankings
If recruiting is not problem, then they need money for better coaches and facilities. Also recruiting won't stay up there if they don't have money to spend on facilities and coaches.

It all comes to money, you can read the same thing from FSU rivals:
http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1365006

This whole thing is bullshit. No one has heard from the Walrus lately. I bet that guy is deep undercover in some of these smoke filled rooms. When old white guys start dropping like flies from "heart attacks" we'll know he is on the case.

Interesting comments on ESPN.com this morning from the FSU President, more the less signaling a "not moving" posture, FWIW.

That's why it's telling that 3 of the original Big 8 members have already left. Texas A&M's departure is really telling about how much Texas throws their weight around.

+1000 All FSU or Clemson has to do is make a call to A&M or Nebraska or Colorado to get back down to earth.

Back