FSU post-game thread

Paul Johnson was visiting his high school and saw him in the locker room. Ryans played JV until he was a senior and had a growth spurt. Had no recruiting profiles on 247/Rivals. Grades were shaky and looked like a JuCo path, but CPJ told him if he made the grades he’d get a scholly. Kid put in the work, late signee. Pretty easy kid to pull for, IMO.
Thanks for some background. Love seeing kids overcome the publications and so called recruiting experts!

Was there ever any word on why Swilling and TK we’re out of the lineup?

Someone said Swilling was in a medical boot but heard zero about TK.
I think it may be the other way around. I heard Swilling was either possibly Covid related or disciplinary, and head that TK tore his achilles.

giphy.gif
Don’t mock veterans. You lack class.

I think it may be the other way around. I heard Swilling was either possibly Covid related or disciplinary, and head that TK tore his achilles.

I'm sure that is what someone "reported" but of course they could have been wrong.

My criticisms as armchair qb:

Offense: Need to get the penalties cleaned up. 75 yards not counting the delay of game for the punt. Feels like most if not all of them were on the offense so I'm putting them here. The picks by Sims in the redzone were costly.

Defense: Gave up some easy passes for first downs settling into cushions behind the sticks, and a few missed tackles here and there when it looked like we had the stop at first contact. Reacted too late to the repeated bunch formation screens and I feel like we got lucky when the wildcat package was subbed back out for Blackman.

Special teams was pretty bad all the way around
this is hard-hitting analysis.

Our entire offense looked so much better. Despite not scoring in the first half I was really excited by what I saw over the first 30 minutes and had confidence we could come back and win the game. Our RB & WR game was fire. We were getting talented players in space all game. This could be a fun season.

I’m waiting for one of those Mason blasts up the middle to have just a small sidestep about 15 yards down the field and go the distance. Or no sidestep and just take it to the house.
I think it’s going to happen- he hits the hole like he is shot out of a cannon!

Perusing their 247 board their fans were livid and claimed a coordinated cheating effort on the part of CGC. Remember seeing CGC getting frustrated with their fans as they reigned boos down on one of our DLs who was down for a few minutes.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the coaches actually did use this same loophole that essentially every team in the country uses to slow down tempo offenses. But it’s just the worst look in the world for a home crowd to boo opposing players who are down. I mean you’re running tempo...in the Florida heat...in the first game of the season. And you’re in disbelief that the defense might be cramping?

Perusing their 247 board their fans were livid and claimed a coordinated cheating effort on the part of CGC. Remember seeing CGC getting frustrated with their fans as they reigned boos down on one of our DLs who was down for a few minutes.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the coaches actually did use this same loophole that essentially every team in the country uses to slow down tempo offenses. But it’s just the worst look in the world for a home crowd to boo opposing players who are down. I mean you’re running tempo...in the Florida heat...in the first game of the season. And you’re in disbelief that the defense might be cramping?

Some of the booing was also the fault of the new electronic whistles, I think. They need to make those things louder or there are going to be some controversies this year I tell you what.

And they were getting injured too - while they were on offense.

Back