FSU QB kicked off

He is one of the classiest coaches I have ever met. He truly cared a great deal for his kids, and his style emulated Dodd in many ways. You are entitled to your opinion, but I think it is based on innuendo and hearsay.
I do have a particular disdain for the Tech fanbase's affinity for tearing down Coach with baseless character assassinations.

He is one of the classiest coaches I have ever met. He truly cared a great deal for his kids, and his style emulated Dodd in many ways. You are entitled to your opinion, but I think it is based on innuendo and hearsay.
yeah, Saint Bobby.

I do have a particular disdain for the Tech fanbase's affinity for tearing down Coach with baseless character assassinations.
It isnt "baseless character assasinations", it is "guilt by association". Unless you want to tell us how mickey was also a really great guy who cared about his players.

I know bowden cared about his players. That is a great characteristic. I only wish he had just a little caring left over for the players on the other team.

Mickey's assassins used to try to knock Joe Hamilton out of the game all the time. Everyone knew it - Corso used to mention it in his pre-game dialog. It was obvious and everyone knew it.

You guys acting like Bowden didn't know or care about it need a reality check.

I have no problem with disliking FSU. But your comments about Coach Bowden are way off base. I know him well, and in fact he has helped me with compiling info on a book I am working on about my all time hero; Coach Bobby Dodd. There is nothing “corrupt” about him.

Bowden showed his character in the Marshall University story. Freely gave his own time to help rebuild that program.

It isnt "baseless character assasinations", it is "guilt by association". Unless you want to tell us how mickey was also a really great guy who cared about his players.

I know bowden cared about his players. That is a great characteristic. I only wish he had just a little caring left over for the players on the other team.
Guys, once again, have dislike for FSU, UGA, or whoever. I get it. But unless you really know people and have first hand info, it truly is baseless character assassination. I happen to know both Bowden and Mickey Andrews. They know I grew up a hard core Dodd guy. I even tease Mickey about the 1962 Tech win over Bama. Mickey was a hard nosed coach, cut from the Bear Bryant mode, but his hard nose coaching style was used by scores of other coaches as well.

And how the öööö is it "baseless"? His players all happened to go rogue to try to hurt people?

I suppose you think Bear Bryant was a great guy too.

Haha I was about to say...I don't think comparing a coach's style to Bear is going to win any goodwill around these parts.

Mickey's assassins used to try to knock Joe Hamilton out of the game all the time. Everyone knew it - Corso used to mention it in his pre-game dialog. It was obvious and everyone knew it.

You guys acting like Bowden didn't know or care about it need a reality check.
And his No.1 protege? Reverend Mark Richt.

I remember how Mickey's defenses played. His players consistently hit people a second or so after they were down, just not quite late enough to be flagged. FSU had it down to a science. I recall one opposing coach (can't remember who) saying they instructed their kids playing FSU not to move or try to get up too quickly after they were down to reduce potential for injury.

And how the öööö is it "baseless"? His players all happened to go rogue to try to hurt people?
You are entitled to your opinion. I don’t agree with you. And I am a Dodd guy thru and thru, who placed sportsmanship above most everything else. So much of what was said about that came from Spurrier, who is a whiny ass baby. I know numerous players who played for Andrews and I have never heard one word about “trying to injure players”.

Don’t forget the Outside The Lines documentary on FSU football while Bowden was there. FSU led the nation in football player crime and had the lowest conviction rate. They’d also had kids who were illiterate on the team and tutors that would read them the material and do their work for them. Those kids were set up to fail from the moment they stepped on campus. The fraud that happened under Bowden was a big driver in him being let go.

Don’t forget the Outside The Lines documentary on FSU football while Bowden was there. FSU led the nation in football player crime and had the lowest conviction rate. They’d also had kids who were illiterate on the team and tutors that would read them the material and do their work for them. Those kids were set up to fail from the moment they stepped on campus. The fraud that happened under Bowden was a big driver in him being let go.
But awww shucks, they just dadgum boys

Bowden and his staff, especially Andrews, were POS's.

Yea, that a coach who allowed criminals and thugs to play football at Florida State University is so beloved by you. He is trash
Calling Bobby Bowden trash just shows how classless and uninformed you really are. Once again, hate FSU, hate whoever. I know who he is, and what he really stands for. If you want to believe trash by ESPN, go ahead. I have spent a lot of time with him discussing the Dodd years at Tech, among other things. I greatly respect him, and everyone that knows him does too. But hey, have your own opinion

Back