FSU QB kicked off

LibertyJacket

Varsity Lurker
Guys, once again, have dislike for FSU, UGA, or whoever. I get it. But unless you really know people and have first hand info, it truly is baseless character assassination.
One thing knowing someone does is color your judgement. I don't need to know Coach Bowden to know that he perfected the modern art of running a dirty football program. FSU under Bowden was literally the poster program for players that found new ways to get into trouble. Repeatedly to the point that it became a national joke with names like Free Shoes University. Bowden was either complicit or so out of touch that he was incompetent. Take your pick I guess. I am sure his players loved him, enablers are always well loved by the people they enable.

donsue

Flats Noob
One thing knowing someone does is color your judgement. I don't need to know Coach Bowden to know that he perfected the modern art of running a dirty football program. FSU under Bowden was literally the poster program for players that found new ways to get into trouble. Repeatedly to the point that it became a national joke with names like Free Shoes University. Bowden was either complicit or so out of touch that he was incompetent. Take your pick I guess. I am sure his players loved him, enablers are always well loved by the people they enable.
As opposed to forming a judgment based on somebody like Steve Spurrier making innuendo s and jokes? Look, this is going nowhere. You and others are entitled to your opinion, and I have mine. We all hope for great things to come for Tech. And we all appreciate the class and greatness Dodd brought

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Calling Bobby Bowden trash just shows how classless and uninformed you really are. Once again, hate FSU, hate whoever. I know who he is, and what he really stands for. If you want to believe trash by ESPN, go ahead. I have spent a lot of time with him discussing the Dodd years at Tech, among other things. I greatly respect him, and everyone that knows him does too. But hey, have your own opinion
I don't give two öööös if you discussed Bobby Dodd or if you had Bible classes together. He ran a team full of thugs and criminals he was allowed to shrug off with a "dadgum" and that stupid hick act of his. The fumble into the endzone at our place and that priceless look on that old ööööer's face when he realized we had beaten him will be a memory I will always cherish.

I am also glad I was there to see his ass lose to us in Tallahassee his final year.

GT98

Dodd-Like
I remember how Mickey's defenses played. His players consistently hit people a second or so after they were down, just not quite late enough to be flagged. FSU had it down to a science. I recall one opposing coach (can't remember who) saying they instructed their kids playing FSU not to move or try to get up too quickly after they were down to reduce potential for injury.
He called it playing to the "echo" of the whistle. POS. Glad that he stuck around long enough for CPJ to shred his defenses a couple of times.

donsue

Flats Noob
I don't give two öööös if you discussed Bobby Dodd or if you had Bible classes together. He ran a team full of thugs and criminals he was allowed to shrug off with a "dadgum" and that stupid hick act of his. The fumble into the endzone at our place and that priceless look on that old ööööer's face when he realized we had beaten him will be a memory I will always cherish.

I am also glad I was there to see his ass lose to us in Tallahassee his final year.
Have a good night