FSU QB kicked off

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
FSU has not been the same since Tech blocked that kick in 2015. They were on top of the ACC and on a roll then. Dammit, we don't get to play the Noles while they're down, but we do get to play three of the best four Florida teams the next couple of years. They will all benefit in recruiting from FSU's blowup. UF should just about own that state now, and uga will get a much bigger screwing than us.
It all happened because the Heisman House was on campus. I had all of us vote for Dalvin Cook that day to curse FSU

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man

:bowrofl:
Dumpster Fire
How the mighty have fallen. I cannot believe FSU has sunk this low. They lost QB recruits to UNC and Maryland....freaking Maryland. You may not like them, but FSU was a mainstay in the top 5 for almost 20 years...one heck of a run.

Makes me appreciate CGC....and CPJ for that matter.

donsue

Flats Noob
How the mighty have fallen. I cannot believe FSU has sunk this low. They lost QB recruits to UNC and Maryland....freaking Maryland. You may not like them, but FSU was a mainstay in the top 5 for almost 20 years...one heck of a run.

Makes me appreciate CGC....and CPJ for that matter.
Trust me. I live in Tallahassee, and virtually everyone I talk to can’t believe what a stupid, unvetted, statement hire Taggart was. And I have talked with some legends of that program. Almost to a person, they think the guy is a moron who is way, way in over his head.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Trust me. I live in Tallahassee, and virtually everyone I talk to can’t believe what a stupid, unvetted, statement hire Taggart was. And I have talked with some legends of that program. Almost to a person, they think the guy is a moron who is way, way in over his head.
His coaching to date seems to bear out that he is in over his head. It would be terribly expensive, but FSU would be wise to cut ties now. It will still be less expensive than the damage later.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
His coaching to date seems to bear out that he is in over his head. It would be terribly expensive, but FSU would be wise to cut ties now. It will still be less expensive than the damage later.
No sympathy for FSU. They were a thorn in our side for 25 years. Bowden and company ran one of the more corrupt and ruthless programs in all of football. It wouldn't bother me if they went 0-12.

JJacket

No sympathy for FSU. They were a thorn in our side for 25 years. Bowden and company ran one of the more corrupt and ruthless programs in all of football. It wouldn't bother me if they went 0-12.
FSU was known to put the "Mickey" on teams. Mickey Andrews was dirty. FSU was known for blatantly attempting to injure the star player of a team. Many times wrenching an ankle after a tackle. FSU is getting what they deserve.

fishinjacket

The Legendary Myth
FSU was doomed when they wouldn't support Jimbo Fisher in his requests for more financial support to keep up in the college football arms race after winning a national championship and playing in the playoffs the next year...No love lost for for the crimi'noles.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
If the FSU HC hire is such a disaster, would it not be wise for us to be praising it and hope that he stays there?

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
No sympathy from me, either. Just stating the fact of their situation.

JJacket

FSU was doomed when they wouldn't support Jimbo Fisher in his requests for more financial support to keep up in the college football arms race after winning a national championship and playing in the playoffs the next year...No love lost for for the crimi'noles.
Still no way FSU could outspend aTm

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
I hear the same thing.

killerB

Sidewalk Fan
3 more players leaving. 4* RB, 4* TE, and 5* WR George Campbell (going to Penn State).

donsue

Flats Noob
I have no problem with disliking FSU. But your comments about Coach Bowden are way off base. I know him well, and in fact he has helped me with compiling info on a book I am working on about my all time hero; Coach Bobby Dodd. There is nothing “corrupt” about him.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I have no problem with disliking FSU. But your comments about Coach Bowden are way off base. I know him well, and in fact he has helped me with compiling info on a book I am working on about my all time hero; Coach Bobby Dodd. There is nothing “corrupt” about him.
I have a lot of FSU players among my in-laws... from what I hear, Bowden is a pretty good guy.

JJacket

Yeah. I heard the same thing about Joe Paterno...

Bowden let Mickey target players. It is what it is.
Yea, I don't understand letting Bowden off the hook. He liked hit man coaches. They played dirty. His "awww shucks, they just boys" routine I never bought.

donsue

Flats Noob
Yea, I don't understand letting Bowden off the hook. He liked hit man coaches. They played dirty. His "awww shucks, they just boys" routine I never bought.
He is one of the classiest coaches I have ever met. He truly cared a great deal for his kids, and his style emulated Dodd in many ways. You are entitled to your opinion, but I think it is based on innuendo and hearsay.