Full Speed Ahead

Fall 2026: Start of Capital Projects Construction & Renovations at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field
Spring 2027: Re-seating process is tentatively slated to begin
Fall 2027: Construction complete on Bobby Dodd Stadium

A season at MBS?

Fall 2026: Start of Capital Projects Construction & Renovations at Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field
Spring 2027: Re-seating process is tentatively slated to begin
Fall 2027: Construction complete on Bobby Dodd Stadium

A season at MBS?

Assume they will start after football season is over and finish before the next season starts.

Going under 50k is a downer, but I think I like everything else. Let's hope we get to the point where we're complaining there aren't enough seats to fill demand. Hope we aren't painting ourselves into a capacity corner if and when the fanbase gets to that point.

Screenshot_20241004_101120.jpg

Gold gold gold
End zones should be gold

Looks fine, I guess. If they're not going to do a complete overhaul/replacement. Seems they have to öööö with something at one end or the other every few years . . . Edge, Rice, Wardlaw, Shaw, Fanning . . . and now whatever this is.

Still HATE that we ööööed over John Grant and sold his naming rights to Hyundai. Will his son's name appear ANYWHERE in this version eleventy-seven.0?

Looks like they’re keeping bleachers in lower north for students/band, which is a good idea.

New video board in that corner is a little unnecessary but OK.

JRjr
How do you know it’s a video board, might just be a billboard.

Looks like they’re keeping bleachers in lower north for students/band, which is a good idea.

JRjr

I don't think it's unnecessary at all. Fills in the gap and will help for people sitting in the South/Wardlaw and Southeast stands, and another advertising/messaging focal point. Likely coordinated with the ribbon boards. And... fills in the gap.

"With nearly $300 million already raised towards its $500 million goal, Full Steam Ahead will enhance infrastructure across multiple athletics facilities, deliver a best-in-class gameday experience for Yellow Jackets fans and provide the resources needed to navigate the ever-changing landscape of top-level college sports."

60% there already. Whoa! J Batt, Dr Cabrera & Co. are doing an amazing job! Folks are absolutely buying in.
That is amazing, really.

JRjr
And is prefer not. I really prefer the South to go no taller with the video board. I like the view of the city.

I don't think it's unnecessary at all. Fills in the gap and will help for people sitting in the South/Wardlaw and Southeast stands, and another advertising/messaging focal point. Likely coordinated with the ribbon boards. And... fills in the gap.
I've sat in the South Stands several times and the inability to see the video board is the worst part. That second video board will definitely help.

Anybody know if the $500 million includes the $80 million raised for 4 years of NIL and the $180 raised for the Edge center renovation? I saw where $300 has already been raised.

What did we think about the roll-out at the game? They played the video that we saw online on the screen, then did a badly timed/rushed honoring of (I guess) big donors on the field during a time-out. No new info or details for the casual fan who isn’t on the boards all the time.

I didn’t mind the midfield logo. Didn’t see any other signage around the stadium.

JRjr

What did we think about the roll-out at the game? They played the video that we saw online on the screen, then did a badly timed/rushed honoring of (I guess) big donors on the field during a time-out. No new info or details for the casual fan who isn’t on the boards all the time.

I didn’t mind the midfield logo. Didn’t see any other signage around the stadium.

JRjr
I kinda like having bench seating. Melakes it easier for me to go tinkle

JRjr

I felt like it definitely deserved at least a 3 minute jumbotron presentation With all the proposed illustrations to really get people engaged with it. Kind of lackluster which I think is your point.

I do appreciate the new intro video which has a nod to our history and tradition. Still doesn't come close to matching the history video we had during the 2000s using zombie nation, but it's good.

I felt like it definitely deserved at least a 3 minute jumbotron presentation With all the proposed illustrations to really get people engaged with it. Kind of lackluster which I think is your point.

I do appreciate the new intro video which has a nod to our history and tradition. Still doesn't come close to matching the history video we had during the 2000s using zombie nation, but it's good.
Dude - ACC network had a “commercial” that aired right before the game that was bad ass. It has an old version of RRFGT sang by the glee club with clips of old and new football and school traditions. It was better than any commercial that Tech has aired during a game (other than the cute drummer girl).

Back