Full Speed Ahead

I felt like it definitely deserved at least a 3 minute jumbotron presentation With all the proposed illustrations to really get people engaged with it. Kind of lackluster which I think is your point.

I do appreciate the new intro video which has a nod to our history and tradition. Still doesn't come close to matching the history video we had during the 2000s using zombie nation, but it's good.

Yeah, I guess it was kinda lackluster to me. I expected somebody to actually talk and be like “we’re gonna do X, Y, and Z and it’s gonna be amazing and we need your support!” or whatever.

I guess they wanted to do it while everybody was in the stands, but “stay tuned at halftime for an exciting presentation about the future of BDS” would have worked, too - there was hardly anything else going on during halftime.

I also really like the new intro video. Could always be more, but it hits a lot of my personal highlights. The “great moments in history” in-game videos are good, too.

JRjr

"With nearly $300 million already raised towards its $500 million goal, Full Steam Ahead will enhance infrastructure across multiple athletics facilities, deliver a best-in-class gameday experience for Yellow Jackets fans and provide the resources needed to navigate the ever-changing landscape of top-level college sports."

60% there already. Whoa! J Batt, Dr Cabrera & Co. are doing an amazing job! Folks are absolutely buying in.
Anybody who has experience in fund raising knows this trick. You go out with a "quiet" campaign first with big money donors and once you get a majority of the target amount in commitments, you launch campaign publicly to the smaller "retail" donors.

Not trying to diminish the accomplishment, just putting it in perspective.

I think concentrating on upgrading the suite experience is a bit of a misfire. Not that suites are unimportant for the bottom line, but that’s like .05% of fans in attendance. The average drunk asshole in 223 doesn’t care if the douches in the east suites are enjoying their caviar.

I think concentrating on upgrading the suite experience is a bit of a misfire. Not that suites are unimportant for the bottom line, but that’s like .05% of fans in attendance. The average drunk asshole in 223 doesn’t care if the douches in the east suites are enjoying their caviar.
Image-1.jpg

Let's go the UNC route!!!

We eat Chick-fil-A in the East suites, not caviar.

Haven't tried the caviar , but the sushi needs to be better than gas station grade. Ribs and wings are ok,tho' !

I’ve seen construction trailers that were nicer than what our own Athletic Director’s suite was before Batt got here. I was embarrassed.

This tells me you really don't understand how money works.

This tells me you really don't understand how money works.
People dont seem to really understand one of the 80/20 rules of business - that 80% of revenues will likely come from 20% of your customers.

Selling suites to high-end donor alumni AND CORPORATATIONS would be a major monetary win for the GTAA.

Adding suites AND improving the average fans' gameday experience will both be beneficial to the future of Tech athletics.

I felt like it definitely deserved at least a 3 minute jumbotron presentation With all the proposed illustrations to really get people engaged with it. Kind of lackluster which I think is your point.

I do appreciate the new intro video which has a nod to our history and tradition. Still doesn't come close to matching the history video we had during the 2000s using zombie nation, but it's good.
This x10000. The people around us were ooo’ing and awww’ing at the rendering, clearly had not seen them before. I hope they do a presentation at MBS too when more eyeballs and money will be there to show it off. It is definitely a stunning visual and gets folks excited.

And regarding the history video…..would give me damn goose bumps every damn week.

At that kind of coin, why not just rebuild the stadium, like Northwestern is currently doing?

At that kind of coin, why not just rebuild the stadium, like Northwestern is currently doing?
We are, a little bit at a time, so as to manage the financial and practical impacts of renovation. Bobby Dodd is a historic venue and it will remain where it is; and imo, should.

For those that dont know, there is an underground river under BDS, which limits foundation alterations.

We are, a little bit at a time, so as to manage the financial and practical impacts of renovation. Bobby Dodd is a historic venue and it will remain where it is; and imo, should.

For those that dont know, there is an underground river under BDS, which limits foundation alterations.
Meh....not that historic. It has been built over since 1913. The field covered once with godawful AstroTurf, corrected, and then covered with godawful Shaw Turf. Wardlaw has been an eyesore since it was built. A big, ugly, dated, POS in our endzone.

GT will never be a destination game unless we stop trying to polish the turd. Folks were upset when we rebuilt AMC. It is much better now. We should do the same for BDS. Keep the sidelines tight. Modernize. Return the field to grass

Meh....not that historic. It has been built over since 1913. The field covered once with godawful AstroTurf, corrected, and then covered with godawful Shaw Turf. Wardlaw has been an eyesore since it was built. A big, ugly, dated, POS in our endzone.

GT will never be a destination game unless we stop trying to polish the turd. Folks were upset when we rebuilt AMC. It is much better now. We should do the same for BDS. Keep the sidelines tight. Modernize. Return the field to grass
It is a destination game already, as many Tech people come from around the country, and it's in the center of Atlanta

Back