gailey Gets a Free Pass If.....

Being analytical has nothing to do with the sense of humor.

You have to admit, BellySeries has a unique way with words.

Father Time

jacketguy.. I critique the coaching staff.. As many do here.. The only individuals who offer differing opinions are usually NC & ahso (may have missed a couple).. Most of the others merely respond with personal attacks on the posters.. Who are the mature ones here?

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Being analytical has nothing to do with the sense of humor.

You have to admit, BellySeries has a unique way with words.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">bellydancer has a few good moves but can't go to his right (political commentary here) & is a couple steps slow on defense.. a fringe player who is still learning the game & at this point is famous only for his trash talking.. Shows some ability but won't be able to maximize his potential until he has a new coach...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
jacketguy.. I critique the coaching staff.. As many do here.. The only individuals who offer differing opinions are usually NC & ahso (may have missed a couple).. Most of the others merely respond with personal attacks on the posters.. Who are the mature ones here?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you have a poor understanding of the word "critique" beebad.

you don't "critique" the coaching staff, you call them names and deride them. i'm sorry but posting a picture of a dude with his head in the sand does not equate to a "critique" unless you're delving to the standards of a mark bradley'sque critique.

nor is stating that the coach is slowly killing the program a "critique".

it is plain derision. if you deride, expect to be derided.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for the laugh....

here are a few definitions that you might want to write down on a postit and post it on your computer monitor so that you can refer to them easily and make sure that your post falls under the umbrella of the word "critique"

critique: A critical review or commentary, especially one dealing with works of art or literature. A critical discussion of a specified topic.

criticism: To judge the merits and faults of; analyze and evaluate.

you're not analytical peepad, you're just plain anal.

ylo.. words are only as powerful as the underlying truth.. If what I post had no truth behind it you & your henchmen would not react the way you do... You empower my words by the manner in which you respond...

Here we go again....

If you don't critque the coaching staff in a favorable way - you're everything but a GT fan!!

How silly is this? Too much so!! We have critqued coaches for years - one way or the other, why would it stop now. Let's not get on this soapbox again about you are this or you are that! I know that if I were a dawg fan - I wouldn't be here talking about our coach or team in any way shape or form, I'd be on their board talking about being ranked preseason #9 and how happy I was!

Unfortunately we don't have that luxury right now and heaven only knows I wish we did!!!!!! Probably as much for the fans to stop this nonsense against each other and then for the betterment of our program! Every fan for every team, college and pro has things to say about coaching - we are no different!

And by the way, 'no free passes'!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTech, the problem-in fact, the absurdity-of people on this board saying stuff like "No free passes!," unless you happen to be Dr. Clough himself, is that you just sound like a blowhard.

What are you going to do to enforce "no free passes"? What does it even mean? It just sounds negative and hollow.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
You're the new champ, peepad. You get the TopDawg Award for most offensive post by a "fan" of a college football team.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's hysterical. What I really want to know is if Peepad plans on coming to any games this year other than the UGA game? I sincerely would like to meet this "fan". I don't believe a fan like that actually exists.

Beebad is not a Tech fan.. just a kid having some fun on this board..

As for the free pass.. and some on this board may not like hearing this.. but unless we have a complete meltdown, Gailey will have an opportunity to do his job.. which means that he will be at Tech at least another 2-3 years.. again, unless there is a meltdown... a 4 win this season would not be seen as a meltdown by those in power to hire and fire due to the academic losses this year, etc.. just my opinion.. it is also my opinion that Gailey will dig us out of this hole, and that we will be glad that we hired him in the first place.. and dont be surprised if, in 3 years, Georgia wishes it had waited for him as Tech did...

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsTech, the problem-in fact, the absurdity-of people on this board saying stuff like "No free passes!," unless you happen to be Dr. Clough himself, is that you just sound like a blowhard.

What are you going to do to enforce "no free passes"? What does it even mean? It just sounds negative and hollow.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">beerbelly-this is without a doubt the most simple-minded post seen on stingtalk in a long time... i.e., if you aren't Clough you can't comment on something that he has responsibility for... If you aren't the referee in a game can you not question his call?..

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:
You're the new champ, peepad. You get the TopDawg Award for most offensive post by a "fan" of a college football team.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's hysterical. What I really want to know is if Peepad plans on coming to any games this year other than the UGA game? I sincerely would like to meet this "fan". I don't believe a fan like that actually exists.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes bore.. I will be at a few games.. Now why would I be interested in meeting you? You post little that is worth reading.. Why would you be any different in person? Your only claim to fame is shouting people down & challenging them to meet you...

Beebad, Beeware's evil twin (or vice versa). He's not negative he's just championing free speech! Here's Beebad's icon from the hive.
skull.jpg
-link-
DING DONG! Who's there? It's Bee______!

My understanding is that Mr. Beeware will be rejoining us soon... once again providing his award winning analysis & commentary... and yes, it will be free of charge...

My understanding is that Mr. Beeware will be rejoining us soon... once again providing his award winning analysis & commentary... and yes, it will be free of charge...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You mean I ain't gonna get paid to read it?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's hysterical. What I really want to know is if Peepad plans on coming to any games this year other than the UGA game? I sincerely would like to meet this "fan". I don't believe a fan like that actually exists.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes bore.. I will be at a few games.. Now why would I be interested in meeting you? You post little that is worth reading.. Why would you be any different in person? Your only claim to fame is shouting people down & challenging them to meet you...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My "claim to fame"?? Yeah, I regularly seek out fame on a message board. It's better than dissing the program every chance you get mutt boy.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's hysterical. What I really want to know is if Peepad plans on coming to any games this year other than the UGA game? I sincerely would like to meet this "fan". I don't believe a fan like that actually exists.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes bore.. I will be at a few games.. Now why would I be interested in meeting you? You post little that is worth reading.. Why would you be any different in person? Your only claim to fame is shouting people down & challenging them to meet you...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My "claim to fame"?? Yeah, I regularly seek out fame on a message board. It's better than dissing the program every chance you get mutt boy.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You forget something, chuckles... I sat in that chatroom with you for the 2nd half of the Fresno game... Your opinion of gailey is the same as mine... Only difference is you are playing to your homies rather than saying what you think... You and I both know different, now don't we?... Keep fooling yourself...

Back