Game 1 News - Clemson

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm all aboard the hype train, but we are going to be crushed in our first game. Clemson could have named the score last year and will be able to again.

I watched the Clemson spring game on TV. I was one who wrongly thought Dabo wouldn't get it done, but listening to him on the feed shows he knows exactly what he is working to do, and how his staff is aligned with him. The results show it and there is no reason to think it won't continue. With the true freshmen, it looks like they have 4 - yes 4 - first round picks at wide receiver to go with the top pick overall at qb. They ran a real game for the spring game except for protecting the qb. Even the ESPN guys were commenting how different it was. At one point Dabo made the comment about the QB read and said he should have thrown the ball to the other side against the freshman DB instead of against the All-American corner.

Full speed, and they are loaded. Hope we get there too but it won't be in August.
We will be loaded 4 years from now. But not until then.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.

I only know 3 other QBs who can make this throw
Rodgers
Wilson
Luck with a healthy shoulder
Bullshit. Jameis Winston made a much, much more impressive sideline throw than that to convert a 3rd and long against us in the ACCC. It was a damn bb.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
If we're able to cross midfield let alone get within a breath of the red zone against their 1s even, it will been seen as an improvement over the past 3 years.
This got bigcried but it’s the truth. We couldn’t do a darn thing against these guys the last few years. It’ll be interesting to see the new offense and any other changes CGC has in store.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
This got bigcried but it’s the truth. We couldn’t do a darn thing against these guys the last few years. It’ll be interesting to see the new offense and any other changes CGC has in store.
FWIW we did score a touchdown in the first half last year

18in32

Petard Hoister
FWIW Clemson just announced that they canceled all classes on August 29 for their Thursday night game with us...they getting all their students ready for that opening L.
Would be awesome if GT had the commitment to do this for our big games.

Killick

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
Got lucky getting Clemson early. Just wish it was in Atlanta, but for years I called their stadium Happy Valley around my Clemson friends. Damn, Godsey was a passing machine there in 2000. Johnson was a catching machine there in 2004. Hamilton dissected them in 1998. Gonna need a couple of breaks, an overconfident Clemson team, and the DB Whisperer to test Surfer Boy's IQ. Not saying it's probable, but I've seen Tech get to unexpected if not outright impossible extremes of both good and bad for one game. I do think Collins will have them convinced they can win when they walk out on the field.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
FWIW Clemson just announced that they canceled all classes on August 29 for their Thursday night game with us...they getting all their students ready for that opening L.
As I recall, Clemson has said they avoid hosting weekday games, because the parking situation is a disaster. Most of the fans are coming from out of town and want to tailgate all day, but they only have enough parking for students and faculty during the week. I think canceling classes was their only way to host a game like this.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Got lucky getting Clemson early. Just wish it was in Atlanta, but for years I called their stadium Happy Valley around my Clemson friends. Damn, Godsey was a passing machine there in 2000. Johnson was a catching machine there in 2004. Hamilton dissected them in 1998. Gonna need a couple of breaks, an overconfident Clemson team, and the DB Whisperer to test Surfer Boy's IQ. Not saying it's probable, but I've seen Tech get to unexpected if not outright impossible extremes of both good and bad for one game. I do think Collins will have them convinced they can win when they walk out on the field.
Choice, Key, Burton, Coleman, etc, have a few wins over Clempsen. We will show up.