Game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
The latter according to Collins.

I realize there's no way to have a good press conference after a game like this, but comments like this just make you lose respect for the guy. You can say they played better than us, they beat us, credit to them etc. All that is true. Calling them one of the best in college football is a joke.
People are going to hear what they want to hear. In a very recent time the only thing we would have heard was “IIWII” and “missed assignments”.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
This coaching staff looks clueless. Their in-game decisions are some of the worst I’ve witnessed - Papa Pateneude is making Pat Nix look like a genius. This rotating QB nonsense is retarding our offense’s ability to get into any kind of rhythm. You’re ööööting on our OL? There are some good kids on that roster - maybe the issue is coaching.

My expectations for this season were as follows:

At LEAST win our games against G5 and FCS competition (right now, that USF game is looking like pure, dumb luck)

Maybe win one or two against ACC competition, don’t get blown up by teams not Clemson, UGAg.

Have some transition/growing pains, but have cohesive strategies on both sides of the ball.

Show growth and improvement week to week.

As it is now, we have gotten progressively worse. That is damn sure a coaching issue.

I’m not saying bring back CPJ, but I AM saying that Collins is not ready for this level. TStan öööö the bed on this hire.
This staff does look clueless, I suppose. If by clueless you mean that they should have run onto the field and stolen the ball away from Tobias both times before he fumbled -- once as we were literally inches from scoring a TD and once when he was in virtually open space and the fumble ended up in their hands going the other way for a TD. And Patenaude should have known that Graham would have looked world class getting us down the field passing but was going to lock onto the receiver and stare him down on 1st down inside the 20....he should have just pulled him off the field and not let him throw into double coverage because he wasn't manipulating the safety with proper eye discipline. Good catch. You should let the coaches know that they really need to attend those ESP classes more diligently this week before the UNC game.

Fredge

Younger than Coit
This coaching staff looks clueless. Their in-game decisions are some of the worst I’ve witnessed - Papa Pateneude is making Pat Nix look like a genius. This rotating QB nonsense is retarding our offense’s ability to get into any kind of rhythm. You’re ööööting on our OL? There are some good kids on that roster - maybe the issue is coaching.

My expectations for this season were as follows:

At LEAST win our games against G5 and FCS competition (right now, that USF game is looking like pure, dumb luck)

Maybe win one or two against ACC competition, don’t get blown up by teams not Clemson, UGAg.

Have some transition/growing pains, but have cohesive strategies on both sides of the ball.

Show growth and improvement week to week.

As it is now, we have gotten progressively worse. That is damn sure a coaching issue.

I’m not saying bring back CPJ, but I AM saying that Collins is not ready for this level. TStan öööö the bed on this hire.
Won't argue about the offense - it's looked like garbage and CDP hasn't impressed me yet.

I would argue that the D already looks better and more sound than anything we've trotted out there in a log time. They were again on the field for way too long, and despite 3 turnovers we still only allowed 17 points - hell, I think we outgained Temple for the game.

Regardless, it's 4 games in and you have no idea if "Collins is not ready for this level and TStan öööö the bed on this hire" Nobody knows that at this point. And I'm not trying to argue that "I'm sure he's the right guy"......I'm saying have a little goddamn patience.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
When Collins has his seniors playing is when the rope is short. Our defense looks much improved and I expect will get better. We need bigger, and more skilled OL and a better QB for the system. I love GT, but none of the QBs on the roster are the answer. Just the sad truth. I expect our OL and DL will be dominated by freshmen and sophomores by year 3 of Collins

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Yeah, I don't follow the math here. Give us the 7 for TO's goal line fumble – that's 24-9. Take off the 7 for TO's fumble that was returned for a TD – that's 17-9. Gotta come up with some additional hypotheticals to get us a victory.
I said close. Neither of us knows how the drive turns out if the second fumble hadn’t occurred. Graham was moving the ball, hurts his hand, and Oliver gives a scoop 6 in two plays.

If those two fumbles don’t occur, it was a completely different ballgame is my point. May have won; may have lost, but it wouldn’t be 24-2 bad.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
As the coach of GT, I expect him to show them respect. Not ööööing try to sell me this loss as equal to Clemson, UGA, or ööööing Bama.

“One of the best front 7s in college football”

Get the öööö out of here.

We’re about to face way better talent in a ööööty Coastal.
You’re going to have a difficult time if this is the way you act after every loss.

Beez and Hustlas

Varsity Lurker
This staff does look clueless, I suppose. If by clueless you mean that they should have run onto the field and stolen the ball away from Tobias both times before he fumbled -- once as we were literally inches from scoring a TD and once when he was in virtually open space and the fumble ended up in their hands going the other way for a TD. And Patenaude should have known that Graham would have looked world class getting us down the field passing but was going to lock onto the receiver and stare him down on 1st down inside the 20....he should have just pulled him off the field and not let him throw into double coverage because he wasn't manipulating the safety with proper eye discipline. Good catch. You should let the coaches know that they really need to attend those ESP classes more diligently this week before the UNC game.
Plenty of teams have turned the ball over multiple times and not gotten shut out. Doesn’t require ESP. The coaching has been piss poor so far and it’s ok to admit that and still support the staff going forward.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
CGC is playing 4D chess. He knows the only way to keep uga out of the playoffs is if they lose to an 1-10 Tech team, so he’s intentionally throwing the rest of the season.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
The problem is the offensive line. No other team in the country is playing this many O line walk ons. It is likely to get worse with continued attrition as the season continues. The only position group that could help, the D line, is paper thin.
The defense is playing well. It will be tough for them as we continue with the 3 and outs. This is not a coaching issue.

Beez and Hustlas

Varsity Lurker
The problem is the offensive line. No other team in the country is playing this many O line walk ons. It is likely to get worse with continued attrition as the season continues. The only position group that could help, the D line, is paper thin.
The defense is playing well. It will be tough for them as we continue with the 3 and outs. This is not a coaching issue.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. I’m sure no other coach out there could’ve found a way to beat the Citadel with this roster/OL. Or put up an offensive point vs Temple. :dunno:

Ish

Dodd-Like
We lost to the CITADEL and TEMPLE.

There’s not a “transition period” in the whole of football that should result in this team losing to CITADEL and TEMPLE, much less losing to TEMPLE without a single point of offensive scoring.
Look at who's starting on OL. Look at each dudes recruiting history and you'll know all yiu need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.