Genuine Question

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I have a guess, and I have no evidence to prove this guess is correct, but here goes:

I think the issues in the RZ, might be where PNode sends a play in and then after sending the Play in , the guys in huddle send back a signal (or a confused look) that they aren't confident in the Play or they don't know the Blocking Scheme to execute the Play and then they get rushed and hurry in a 2nd play or burn a time-out.

This falls under mental sharpness, mental readiness, mental aptitude for CFB Played at this level, we seem have too many of those Guys on our OLine despite the extra 100-150 points that our Guys have on the SAT vs the typical CFB Player.

So , I don't think PNode is the one that's confused, I think the OL is the one that's confused in the RZ
Then get a OL coach that can get them squared away. We pay the current one a decent bit but the results aren’t showing much payoff.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Our fanbase is delusional. We got some on here thinking we got coaching at the same level as Bammer. They need to pass the pipe, because they’re smoking some good öööö.
CBK was literally at Bammer for at least 1 NC.

CGC worked at Bama under Saban, you want us to believe that Bama FB is so complex that he didn't understand anything going behind the scenes during his time there?

I said that Coaching on the P5 Level is substantially equal among the Programs, the difference is in the Players.

What do you think Venables looks like with our DLs and our Secondary, would he still look like a $2milliion per yr DC?

Bama's Coaches don't attend a secret Seminar for all the genius strategies, and then the rest of the Power5 learns a different set of strategies.

It's always been about the Players.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

CGC worked at Bama under Saban, you want us to believe that Bama FB is so complex that he didn't understand anything going behind the scenes during his time there?

I said that Coaching on the P5 Level is substantially equal among the Programs, the difference is in the Players.

What do you think Venables looks like with our DLs and our Secondary, would he still look like a $2milliion per yr DC?

Bama's Coaches don't attend a secret Seminar for all the genius strategies, and then the rest of the Power5 learns a different set of strategies.

What a stroke of luck when Stallings won a NC after taking over for Curry. Pure luck.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro

If there’s no difference in staffs, why the hell is Bammer paying more money for their assistants? I’ll give you a hint: they’re better. Satan’s performers get positional promotions, the non-hackers go fishing for another gig which is often lateral. Life is not that complicated to figure out.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
If there’s no difference in staffs, why the hell is Bammer paying more money for their assistants? I’ll give you a hint: they’re better. Satan’s performers get positional promotions, the non-hackers go fishing for another gig which is often lateral. Life is not that complicated to figure out.
They can maintain the status quo. Assuming that just because a person is paid more = better coach is quite the take. Just look at the situation LSU is in.

We literally had a national championship winning coach here for 11 years. After the dust settled he averaged the same # of wins as the coach before him. It wasn't because the championship coach suddenly forgot how to coach when he got here.

Last edited:

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
What a stroke of luck when Stallings won a NC after taking over for Curry. Pure luck.
It was a stroke of pure luck.

Curry made inroads in the S Ga at that time and Recruited their 2 stud DLs that led their Defense on that Title Run, one Guy's was from Thomasville (Eric ?) and the other guy was from Lagrange (?).

Curry Recruited really well the 2-3 years before Stallings got there, those Freshman that Curry Recruited were the back bone of Stallings Teams his 2nd & 3rd yr at Bama when he won the MNC in yr 3.

Curry got fired after going 10-1 in the Regular Season losing only to Auburn and Stallings first yr. Bama went 7-5.

Why didn't Stallings genius coaching take that 10-1 regular season Team that Curry had the yr before to a MNC in his first year.

If the coaching is so special why doesn't it work immediately?

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Bama FB grosses more Money so any Agent worth his Salt will get his client a Compensation Pckg that takes into account success and Money grossed.

That same Coaching staff from Bama transported to Kansas at the same Salary would look like overpaid incompetents coaching the 85 Guys on scholarship at Kansas.

Take the Coaching Staffs and swap Teams and you'd be in for a real surprise.

No NFL Coach can coach up Kurt Cousins to play like Rodgers or Brady, even if you pay that Coach the highest amount in NFL history!

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
No NFL Coach can coach up Kurt Cousins to play like Rodgers or Brady, even if you pay that Coach the highest amount in NFL history!
That is definitely true. Kurt Cousins may be good at psychiatry, but he'd be out of his element in the NFL no matter the coach.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

Curry made inroads in the S Ga at that time and Recruited their 2 stud DLs that led their Defense on that Title Run, one Guy's was from Thomasville (Eric ?) and the other guy was from Lagrange (?).

Curry Recruited really well the 2-3 years before Stallings got there, those Freshman that Curry Recruited were the back bone of Stallings Teams his 2nd & 3rd yr at Bama when he won the MNC in yr 3.

Curry got fired after going 10-1 in the Regular Season losing only to Auburn and Stallings first yr. Bama went 7-5.

Why didn't Stallings genius coaching take that 10-1 regular season Team that Curry had the yr before to a MNC in his first year.

Tech had a stroke of luck when Curry beat Bama. That can happen in a single game. It doesn’t happen for an entire year.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m getting a ton of hate, and I expect it from this thread, but what improvement have we seen? Sure we played lights out last week against UNC, but are we sure it’s not because we were playing in MBS? This is worse than the Clemson game last year, our O Line seems to have just hit collapse mode. We have zero pressure on the QB, like I just don’t see it at all. And I want genuine answers because I want to see where some of you actually stand on this topic.
The younger players (CGC’s recruits) are much bigger, stronger and faster than our young guys were in 2017. That’s the main improvement.

But they are young.

it is still my position that you will not know anything about Collins until he has five or six years of recruiting and he has a full roster that is at least 2 deep in R-seniors, seniors and juniors on the first and second strings. It’s going to take time.

johncu

Dodd-Like
It’s mind-boggling to me that someone could suggest that coaching is not extremely important when it comes to the success of a team. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that would need to be ignored to come to that conclusion.

I would think it’s a troll, but you never know.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
It’s mind-boggling to me that someone could suggest that coaching is not extremely important when it comes to the success of a team. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that would need to be ignored to come to that conclusion.

Truly mind-bottling

johncu

Dodd-Like
None of that undertone was here until PJ's arrival in 2008. Then began a decade of excuse-making re:recruiting. The one thing CGC has done since his hire is happily öööö on that BS notion that it's not possible to recruit at a high-level to GT anymore.

You never hear the great coaches say "IIWII".
Yeah, this is wrong. O’Leary made the “Harvard during the week and FSU on Saturday” comment a long time ago, and Dave Braine was infamous for implying that GT fans should accept relative mediocrity well before CPJ was at GT.

I don’t know what your deal is with CPJ, but Bill ööööing Belichick is famous for saying IIWII. He not a good coach?

johncu

Dodd-Like

Navy vs. Army/AF in 15 years before CPJ: 7-23
Navy vs. Army/AF under CPJ: 11-1

Please explain. Did CPJ suddenly start convincing elite athletes to join the Navy with his incredible recruiting skills?

QuadF

Dodd-Like
They can maintain the status quo. Assuming that just because a person is paid more = better coach is quite the take. Just look at the situation LSU is in.

We literally had a national championship winning coach here for 11 years. After the dust settled he averaged the same # of wins as the coach before him. It wasn't because the championship coach suddenly forgot how to coach when he got here.
I think cpj proved to be a great coach, but for a variety of reasons (I think mostly money) wasn't able to keep up recruiting relative to other acc programs, Clemson in particular. Cpj complained audibly about budget for assistants and recruiting throughout his tenure and you can see that the money correlates to success.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
Yeah, this is wrong. O’Leary made the “Harvard during the week and FSU on Saturday” comment a long time ago, and Dave Braine was infamous for implying that GT fans should accept relative mediocrity well before CPJ was at GT.

I don’t know what your deal is with CPJ, but Bill ööööing Belichick is famous for saying IIWII. He not a good coach?
Agree. Plus if you want a divided fan base, the forum BuzzOff was something else during the Gailey years.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro

No, it’s not trolling, they absolutely believe it. What used to separate GT grads from the rest of the pack were our analytical/ critical thinking skills. GT is becoming a lot like everyone else, they listen to someone spewing out BS and they throw out all rational thinking & repeat what’s written in their little red book despite staring at mountains of evidence to the contrary. Really stunning this has happened in just a couple of decades.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like

Whatever. still glad he quit on us and left, even if it did leave a massive rebuild for the next guy. We were going backwards due to his scheme and ego by the time he left.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Navy vs. Army/AF in 15 years before CPJ: 7-23
Navy vs. Army/AF under CPJ: 11-1

Please explain. Did CPJ suddenly start convincing elite athletes to join the Navy with his incredible recruiting skills?
cpj started Recruiting Navy's players from HSs in Ga, Fla, Texas, and ignoring the Guys from NE Private HS that Navy used to rely on before he got there.

Monken took that same Recruiting formula to Army and now they are winning more than they have.

They didn't steal players from Bama , but they did improve their Recruiting from an Academy perspective, is that fair?