Geoff Collins is a Joke

I graduated from SPSU. We are like those slow kids who are happy about everything. What is a calculus? Is that the stuff that builds up around the tub and you need the CLR to clean it?
I took Calculus for two years, but I’m not sure what it was. I think if you are going to Mars, you need it to figure out your route.

I took Calculus for two years, but I’m not sure what it was. I think if you are going to Mars, you need it to figure out your route.
All you need is a window. Aim rocketship at Mars. Steer towards it.

Calculus is not even that hard. Although I’m sure taking it at tech as my first exposure would hurt.

Should we have hired monken?
You know I’ve been thinking that lately , I know we gotta give collins time but I would think after a year & half we’d see better play , & monken is winning 11 games , I know they don’t play our schedule & I know recruiting would not be as good , but they’re playing good Defense & gave Cincinnati a game this year & almost beat Oklahoma last year , I’ve been wondering

This team is no better than last years....with better athletes. No Discipline.... Still Soul Train line dancing on the sidelines. Collins isn't a coach....he's a hype man. He took a 10 win team at Temple to a 15 wins in 2 yrs. Stansbury is a problem too....that's the only reason he's got a job and a 7 yr contract. Who gives an unproven coach a 7 yr contract? We were a better team with Johnson. Ex: The last time Johnson played Collins' Def....he was rung up in the Orange Bowl. Not convincing? Here's another.... He said "we had a great plan for defense against Clemson.... to load the box and eliminate Trav Etienne" Really coach..... didn't cross your mind to figure out a way to get to Lawrence and eliminate the guy who's the Heisman Front Runner and is 30-1 in his career? If there was any way to buy this clown out .... I'm all for it

Any coach deserves at least 3 years to install his vision. But he’s still open to critique during that span. I’ve been a CGC skeptic since day 1 as I’d be with any unproven hire. “Cautiously optimistic” with a few recruiting wins coupled with poor on-field results early on.

I’m starting to lean more “homer optimistic” at this point. If I’m looking at our program without a GT on it I’d be thinking more Tennessee (recruits well but can’t win) than Wisco (recruits decent and plays even better).

There’s a narrative that i can envision that CGCs defensive pedigree leads to fearsome DLs with an influx of talent. But there’s now one I can also envision that ends with us as a doormat in the conference. Miami lite.

What we don’t need right now is some tool bag posters prancing around yelling “I told you so” after every win and then turning around and crying about “talent gaps” after getting boat raced by multiple teams that haven’t had a single recruiting class ranked higher than us since they started ranking recruiting classes.

Another dumbass with 10 posts......they're all coming out of the woodwork lol
[/QUOTE]
how they let you in this school is amazing. When did the number of posts ever equate with knowledge. You show your ignorance every time you post.

Any coach deserves at least 3 years to install his vision. But he’s still open to critique during that span. I’ve been a CGC skeptic since day 1 as I’d be with any unproven hire. “Cautiously optimistic” with a few recruiting wins coupled with poor on-field results early on.

I’m starting to lean more “homer optimistic” at this point. If I’m looking at our program without a GT on it I’d be thinking more Tennessee (recruits well but can’t win) than Wisco (recruits decent and plays even better).

There’s a narrative that i can envision that CGCs defensive pedigree leads to fearsome DLs with an influx of talent. But there’s now one I can also envision that ends with us as a doormat in the conference. Miami lite.

What we don’t need right now is some tool bag posters prancing around yelling “I told you so” after every win and then turning around and crying about “talent gaps” after getting boat raced by multiple teams that haven’t had a single recruiting class ranked higher than us since they started ranking recruiting classes.

My biggest fear is that Collins is Chuck Amato. Lots of hype and they look the part getting off the bus, but undisciplined teams that lose more than the should. If the Defense continues to slide, we replace the coordinator. Same with special teams. Hire a dedicated coach if kicking continues to be a concern.

Have you ever tried just chillin' or do you just go full tilt asshole mode all day?
Lol. Ok. I'll step off. Just tired if him referring to legitimate complaints as dumba$$ posters with unreasonable expectations. I haven't see anyone calling for CGC to be fired but this snowflake acts like the media and thinks everyone is ready to $hit can the whole staff.. He has clearly overdosed on the juice.

Calculus is not even that hard. Although I’m sure taking it at tech as my first exposure would hurt.
Calculus with a good teacher isn't too hard. Calculus with a terrible teacher is miserable especially if it's your first exposure. Once you have the basics down it's a little easier to teach yourself but still helps tremendously to have a good teacher.

My biggest fear is that Collins is Chuck Amato. Lots of hype and they look the part getting off the bus, but undisciplined teams that lose more than the should. If the Defense continues to slide, we replace the coordinator. Same with special teams. Hire a dedicated coach if kicking continues to be a concern.

Yeah I’m actually not opposed to going the Clemson route with a figurehead that can recruit while his well-compensated assistants do the real work. But we’re gonna have to find some decent assistants for that to happen. And CGC is gonna have to be okay getting paid less than he thinks the job is worth.

2021 is gonna be the make or break year for Collins. Roster will be turned over. You have your guy at QB. And you can’t keep selling “rebuild” in year 4. Recruits aren’t gonna buy into it without results to prove concept, and if we don’t win our share of the Atlanta recruiting market then the CGC hire will have failed.

Back