Geoff Collins is a Joke

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Yeah I’m actually not opposed to going the Clemson route with a figurehead that can recruit while his well-compensated assistants do the real work. But we’re gonna have to find some decent assistants for that to happen. And CGC is gonna have to be okay getting paid less than he thinks the job is worth.

2021 is gonna be the make or break year for Collins. Roster will be turned over. You have your guy at QB. And you can’t keep selling “rebuild” in year 4. Recruits aren’t gonna buy into it without results to prove concept, and if we don’t win our share of the Atlanta recruiting market then the CGC hire will have failed.
Chuck Amato drew attention to his team. He instilled excitement into the program. They came close to breaking through. We are not even in two years yet. Give it a chance. The first thing to do is build excitement and recruit. Collins is doing that. We'll see in a few years how it worked out, be patient.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
So the more posts you have, the more you know about football? That is a stupid assumption.
[/QUOTE]

No... The number of idiots recently joining/posting to cry about CGC in a year anyone with a brain knew would be bad..

GTMT

Varsity Lurker
Another dumbass with 10 posts......they're all coming out of the woodwork lol
[/QUOTE]
I would be careful with calling people dumbass. You are the one who thinks last year was year 0 and this year is year 1 of the Collins tenure.

jts1207

I would be careful with calling people dumbass. You are the one who thinks last year was year 0 and this year is year 1 of the Collins tenure.
[/QUOTE]

There were a few pundits calling it year 0 due to the transition from a 3O team

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Chuck Amato drew attention to his team. He instilled excitement into the program. They came close to breaking through. We are not even in two years yet. Give it a chance. The first thing to do is build excitement and recruit. Collins is doing that. We'll see in a few years how it worked out, be patient.
I mean I already said every coach deserves 3 years to install. We should be able to see the vision by year 3. So far we’ve only seen the vision off-the-field. We’re gonna have a Top 30 roster next year. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect on-field results when there will be only 4 teams on your schedule with more talent (Clemson, uga, Miami, uNC) and 5 teams with significantly worse talent (Duke, BC, UVA, KSU, NIU).

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like

There were a few pundits calling it year 0 due to the transition from a 3O team
[/QUOTE]
Me, I called it that too. And we’re right. This is year 1. Last year was year 0 due to no time to recruit.

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
You know I’ve been thinking that lately , I know we gotta give collins time but I would think after a year & half we’d see better play , & monken is winning 11 games , I know they don’t play our schedule & I know recruiting would not be as good , but they’re playing good Defense & gave Cincinnati a game this year & almost beat Oklahoma last year , I’ve been wondering
Careful. You'll piss off several people here, including the resident old fart and they'll have you banned because they don't like what you say and will report you. Remember, toe the line or else.

cbee

Flats Noob
So the more posts you have, the more you know about football? That is a stupid assumption.

No... The number of idiots recently joining/posting to cry about CGC in a year anyone with a brain knew would be bad..
[/QUOTE]
Strange because you keep bringing up the number of posts........

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
Strange because you keep bringing up the number of posts........
[/QUOTE]
These 'number of posts' people crack me up as well. When, if you were to do an in-depth look at their thousands of posts, a good third or more was simply, "your mom" type replies. But somehow that makes them soooooo much smarter than someone with a lot less.

jts1207

[/QUOTE]
These 'number of posts' people crack me up as well. When, if you were to do an in-depth look at their thousands of posts, a good third or more was simply, "your mom" type replies. But somehow that makes them soooooo much smarter than someone with a lot less.
[/QUOTE]

I'm referring to the idiots who joined to simply rip CGC

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
CGC better learn how to game coach (or find coordinators who do) or his 4 year orientation should be reduced to a 3 year tenure. You have to be showing signs of consistent improvement or be shaking up the coaching cast. No excuse for failing to perform but not showing a sense of urgency to correct obvious flaws.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Our O is vastly improved over last year. They are still bottom third in the conference when scoring, but we are at least moving the ball. I do think Sims will improve on ball security and INTs.

Defense has been a different story. We need some DL and we need them yesterday. The D looks worse this year, and I bet they have better field position than last year.

jts1207

CGC cares more about the uniforms than actually winning. He thinks if we wear gray or navy it means we will get 5 stars. Not how it works in the real world Geoff

Yes. This is exactly what he does. :facepalm: