Geoff Collins is a Joke

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
So... Paul Johnson could take your’n and beat his’n but couldn’t take his’n and beat your’n. Especially if your’n played for MTSU.
And yet the man for whom the quote was invented, Bear Bryant, couldn’t (or didn't?) take his’n and beat your’n if you were a 1-10 Georgia Tech team in 1981. IN Alabama.

You took calculus, didn't you? Integration over time.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
That was not my point. At all. Color me unsurprised that you couldn't understand. But ask yourself this and MAYBE you'll get the point: why did Chan Gailey produce so much WORSE results on the field year after year than CPJ did when CPJ took over Chan Gailey's "roster with NFL-level talent at the skill positions?" And that, despite CPJ running a totally different offensive scheme than the one that those players were recruited into? Comprende yet?

I did not compare rosters either, but figuring out that I did not do that requires no thought - just basic reading comprehension. I did not even MENTION the roster that CGC inherited at Tech - I just referenced what he did at Temple with what he inherited there . . . and it was not great.

Finally . . . "stopped recruiting" is part of "burned out."

Honestly . . .
Seriously? The 2008 NFL talent were all freshman in 2007 (minus Jahi-Word Daniels, Michael Johnson, and Vance Walker). 2007 was the single greatest recruiting class at Tech, but they were all freshman under Gailey. Not to mention the only QB Gailey had was Taylor Bennett. Add to that the fact no one had seen the TO in 20 years and had no idea how to defend it. If you think the transition CPJ took us through was ANYTHING like what CGC is working on, you’re a bigger moron than I thought.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
And yet the man for whom the quote was invented, Bear Bryant, couldn’t (or didn't?) take his’n and beat your’n if you were a 1-10 Georgia Tech team in 1981. IN Alabama.

You took calculus, didn't you? Integration over time.
I was riding back to Tech that day across Alabama, went to see them get off the bus. Then I went to the Memphis State game a couple weeks later.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Pretty good analysis tbh
The level of butthurt around the MTSU game (and Gardner Webb, a game we won in extenuating circumstances) seems disproportionate. Collins has already racked up 6 or 7 losses that piss me off more than those games in his 1.5 year tenure, for the loss and/or the way we lost. (Temple, VPI, Citadel, U[sic]GA, Clemson, Syracuse, BC)

JRjr

johncu

Dodd-Like
The level of butthurt around the MTSU game (and Gardner Webb, a game we won in extenuating circumstances) seems disproportionate. Collins has already racked up 6 or 7 losses that piss me off more than those games in his 1.5 year tenure, for the loss and/or the way we lost. (Temple, VPI, Citadel, U[sic]GA, Clemson, Syracuse, BC)

JRjr
Especially considering that MTSU won 8 games and was a bowl team that year. It was a bad loss, for sure, but nothing like losing to the ööööing Citadel. Also, our DC got fired largely as a result of it, so it was clearly acknowledged by the staff as unacceptable.

doyojob

Varsity Lurker
You are making a lot of assumptions about people you don't know.
[/QUOTE]
Not really. You just showed up on a message board that has been around for two decades.

So maybe you can earn some credibility by contributing some original information or insight or you can shut the öööö up until you have earned some stripes. Don’t just come strutting in here like Borat and demand a seat at the table. Who the hell do you think you are?
[/QUOTE]
Eat me tool

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I can’t tell if jts just likes arguing with him or if he hasn't tried reporting one of the posts circumventing the profanity filter yet. :popcorn:

doyojob

Varsity Lurker
You are making a lot of assumptions about people you don't know.
Not really. You just showed up on a message board that has been around for two decades.

So maybe you can earn some credibility by contributing some original information or insight or you can shut the öööö up until you have earned some stripes. Don’t just come strutting in here like Borat and demand a seat at the table. Who the hell do you think you are?
[/QUOTE]
Eat me tool
[/QUOTE]
How did I strut like Borat? What have I demanded of anyone? Who am I? I'm a die hard Tech fan who has the right to opine on here just like you. I have the right to defend myself when called a dumba$$. Who made you the moderator?

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker

JRjr
You mention being butt-hurt about the Georgia game last year in the first year of a rebuild but just one year before that we were down to the dwags 38-7 at the half. Talk about a selective memory. I think you could add the georgia southern game into your butt hurt list too. It's funny that you can't make a correlation with these bad losses and the rebuild. It really blows my mind that some fans give no credence to this.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I’ll say it again for all these noob retards coming out of the woodwork - it’s not the losing, it’s the “all-time, historically bad” losing that pisses me off. It’s one thing to lose because the other team is better than you. It’s another thing to lose because you are literally the worst offense and/or defense that Tech has fielded in the last 40 to 120 years, and to keep doing it across two seasons.

Also, why would I be butthurt about a Georgia Southern game that we won?

JRjr

Old-Fashioned UGA Hater

Varsity Lurker
I’ll say it again for all these noob retards coming out of the woodwork - it’s not the losing, it’s the “all-time, historically bad” losing that pisses me off. It’s one thing to lose because the other team is better than you. It’s another thing to lose because you are literally the worst offense and/or defense that Tech has fielded in the last 40 to 120 years, and to keep doing it across two seasons.

Also, why would I be butthurt about a Georgia Southern game that we won?

JRjr
Do you realize coach had zero to do with the roster he was running out there last year? That's cool though. It will befun reminding you of your hatred for coach Collins when we turn this one around. You'll be easy to remember because you're the only dork in the history of stingtalk to use a signature.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
You mention being butt-hurt about the Georgia game last year in the first year of a rebuild but just one year before that we were down to the dwags 38-7 at the half. Talk about a selective memory. I think you could add the georgia southern game into your butt hurt list too. It's funny that you can't make a correlation with these bad losses and the rebuild. It really blows my mind that some fans give no credence to this.
??? when did we lose to Georgia Southern? We've had 4 losses in 1.5 seasons that sent television commentators into the records books to find out how many decades you have to go back to find an equivalent., in 3 (maybe all 4) of those it was worse than anything in the record books. It is fascinating that people simply shrug it off to rebuild. Rebuild is a reasonable excuse for a losing season, I don't believe rebuild alone can explain record setting losses. People act like a rebuild on offense has never happened in the history of football before now. Go ask UAB what a real complete rebuild looks like (see UAB 2017 season).

I hope CGC can get the program on the right track, and he is obviously trying to do it via both traditional recruiting and the portal (the portal should help speed up a rebuild shouldn't it?); but I have my doubts if he continues to enter the record books for the wrong reason, particularly in his second season. You can only use the rebuild excuse so many times before recruits and recruits parents get wise to it.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I hated to see the 3O go. But it’s gone. I’ve gotten used to that fact.

CGC is going to be here a while. Those of you who aren’t happy about that need to get used to that fact.

As GT fans we need to give CGC as much support as we can. Focus on his positives: he is doing a great job recruiting.

If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.

Sermon over, and I’ll probably need someone to remind me of this rule within the next few days.