Geoff Collins is a Joke

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Careful, his daddy dinnerjacket will come behind and give you a poo. Or maybe he just follows me around like a sad puppy dog?
If the big cryer think he cries,
Or if the downvoted think he is ded,
They know not well the subtle guys
I ban, and unban, for what they said.

Edit or delete to me is clear;
Troll and thumbs up are the same;
The vanished mods to me appear;
And one to me are poo and fame.

They reckon ill who ignore me out;
When me they spam, I am all things;
I am the SHOUTER and the SHOUT,
I am the hymn the Beestorm sings.

The strong mods pine for my warez ROM,
And pine in vain the tailgate crew;
But thou, meek lover of the mom!
Find me, and turn thy back on poo.

18in32

Petard Hoister
If the big cryer think he cries,
Or if the downvoted think he is ded,
They know not well the subtle guys
I ban, and unban, for what they said.

Edit or delete to me is clear;
Troll and thumbs up are the same;
The vanished mods to me appear;
And one to me are poo and fame.

They reckon ill who ignore me out;
When me they spam, I am all things;
I am the SHOUTER and the SHOUT,
I am the hymn the Beestorm sings.

The strong mods pine for my warez ROM,
And pine in vain the tailgate crew;
But thou, meek lover of the mom!
Find me, and turn thy back on poo.
Such a great American writer, if basically anti-Christian. Have I ever shared my CSB about this poem? I was interviewing for a law firm job with the crusty, legendary founding partner who broke off from a big firm to found his own litigation boutique. I asked him why he left the bigger firm, and he said it was because it just got too big and it was too impersonal. I commented that the firm he had founded (the one I was interviewing at) had grown so large that it was the size of the big firm when he left it because it was too big. Didn't he think that was ironic?

He cocked his head, lifted an eyebrow, and sized me up for a moment. Then he quote the third stanza of this poem (in its original form!), and rested in silence. At the time I didn't know the poem, and just stared back at him, suddenly aware that my literary education wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. After an interminable pause, he said, "Emerson." I felt like an absolute moron! Went home and immediately memorized it.

He did offer me a job, and I ended up working in the office next to him. He'd come in and quote Shakespeare and tell ribald jokes.

ThisIsAtlanta

Staff member
Such a great American writer, if basically anti-Christian. Have I ever shared my CSB about this poem? I was interviewing for a law firm job with the crusty, legendary founding partner who broke off from a big firm to found his own litigation boutique. I asked him why he left the bigger firm, and he said it was because it just got too big and it was too impersonal. I commented that the firm he had founded (the one I was interviewing at) had grown so large that it was the size of the big firm when he left it because it was too big. Didn't he think that was ironic?

He cocked his head, lifted an eyebrow, and sized me up for a moment. Then he quote the third stanza of this poem (in its original form!), and rested in silence. At the time I didn't know the poem, and just stared back at him, suddenly aware that my literary education wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. After an interminable pause, he said, "Emerson." I felt like an absolute moron! Went home and immediately memorized it.

He did offer me a job, and I ended up working in the office next to him. He'd come in and quote Shakespeare and tell ribald jokes.
You did, somewhere. It was that story which introduced me to the poem in the first place.

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house
No, a joke is the coach 60 miles to the east in the ATL Jr.
It’s a joke to call it ATL Jr. That’s more like Charlotte. Athens is a feed store and a ööööload of bars.

Smart Cuts does seem to be living up to their potential. The bag men pay for lots of talent, but you can’t buy heart so they always come up short at the end.

ThisIsAtlanta

Staff member
It’s a joke to call it ATL Jr. That’s more like Charlotte. Athens is a feed store and a ööööload of bars.

Smart Cuts does seem to be living up to their potential. The bag men pay for lots of talent, but you can’t buy heart so they always come up short at the end.
They seem to come up short in the middle a lot too.

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
Careful, his daddy dinnerjacket will come behind and give you a poo. Or maybe he just follows me around like a sad puppy dog?
I reiterate previous comment that, with few exceptions (forgive me @savbandjacket and others), that permabanning everyone with a *jacket font would improve the board immensely.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
Oh, wow, I'm an old man reduced to telling the same tired stories over and over again. How embarrassing.
Us OFs don't tell said stories over and over because we are senile, it's because the youngsters listening don't have fully developed brains yet and repetition is their friend! Now, what was I saying?