Geoff Collins is a Joke

Was it embarrassing beating UGA 2 out of Johnson's last 5 years? Since we are just making öööö up, I will say this. Collins will never beat UGA and rarely play them competitively. I don't mean get annoyed because we are only wining 1 our of 4 or 5 I mean never. Our likely talent level after Collins rebuild will be similar to Kentucky but worse coaching.
CPJ was never going to beat Kirby Smart or Dabo again, either. The scores would look better with the option grinding out more clock (even on the 3 and outs) but the points per drive given up, the true mark of defensive efficiency, would be just as bad. The points made would be the same or worse. We already had a taste of that in '17 and '18.

CPJ was never going to beat Kirby Smart or Dabo again, either. The scores would look better with the option grinding out more clock (even on the 3 and outs) but the points per drive given up, the true mark of defensive efficiency, would be just as bad. The points made would be the same or worse. We already had a taste of that in '17 and '18.
We were absolutely physically dominated by UGAgs defense in both years. It wasn't just domination. It was UGAg defensive players humiliating our team.

Cpj's offense works when he has the players. It wasn't that teams figured out how to stop it, we just didn't have the talent to run it. Other than two crap games in 14, the offense was just as unstoppable as 08 & 09.

The problem is getting the recruits to come play in the option. Good thing is, you don't have to have all 5 stars but you can't be as overmatched as we were from 15 on.

For the millionth time: uga 2009-2016 was not on the same level as uga 2002-2008 or uga 2018-now.

the fact that we could only win 2 during their low was a major miss. We had a chance to get Richt fired earlier and maybe they would’ve made a worse hire and we blew it.

put 3iar on them in 2010 and maybe they hire Muschamp.

For the millionth time: uga 2009-2016 was not on the same level as uga 2002-2008 or uga 2018-now.

the fact that we could only win 2 during their low was a major miss. We had a chance to get Richt fired earlier and maybe they would’ve made a worse hire and we blew it.

I don't think Richt would've survived to see 2010 if we in 2009. As you've eluded, things could've ended very differently for UGA had we won that game. We're rarely the better team in COFH but we were that year and blew it. Bugs me to this day...

Interesting since 2012 was possibly Richt’s best team.

CPJ’s success wasn’t really any different from other systems. When he had a QB to fit the system, he won. Otherwise, the results were meh.

Interesting since 2012 was possibly Richt’s best team.

CPJ’s success wasn’t really any different from other systems. When he had a QB to fit the system, he won. Otherwise, the results were meh.
Richts best teams had David Greene as the starter.

2012 was one year.

2009 was mediocre and unranked
2010 was a dumpster fire with a losing record
2011 was ok. We may have been their best win that year. The East plus Auburn were trash
2013 was mediocre and unranked.
2014 was good.
2015 they lost to every good team they played
2016 was a Kirby mulligan

2012 was one year.

2011 was ok. We may have been their best win that year. The East plus Auburn were trash
2014 was good.
Even Vandy beat UGAg in 2016

2012 was one year.

2014 was good.

Yes, 2012 was just one year. But still probably Richt’s most complete team.

I guess we could switch to naming GT coaches who beat uga teams ranked in the top 10. Maybe our fanbase can remember those guys fondly without trigger anyone.

But that is the past. We’re hoping CGC is following the Dabo path. Or at the very least the James Franklin path.

I am not pinning for Johnson, I just don't like dismissing his accomplishments as a way to prop up Collins. Like discounting as our last 2 UGA victories which were not that long ago when there isn't another one in the foreseeable future.

Maybe it's true he never beats either again or maybe we were just another Justin Thomas type QB away from being very hard to stop offensively. Maybe even Graham could of been that guy.

I agree but UGA 2009 - 2016 was still the best team we played most of those years and if not the best, the 2nd best. Auburn was 2 - 6 against them during this period, same as us. The only team on their schedule that beat them 3iar during this period was Florida, with Urban Meyer.

I don't think Richt would've survived to see 2010 if we in 2009. As you've eluded, things could've ended very differently for UGA had we won that game. We're rarely the better team in COFH but we were that year and blew it. Bugs me to this day...

I, too, think they probably would have fired Richt. Just as interesting, Dabo was one more loss to Spurrier from being fired at Clemson I believe, and they wouldn't have recovered yet from that.

I, too, think they probably would have fired Richt. Just as interesting, Dabo was one more loss to Spurrier from being fired at Clemson I believe, and they wouldn't have recovered yet from that.

I don’t know if 2009 would have done him in. But 2010 would have. UGa would not stand for a losing season.

Where was Muschamp in 2010? Would he have been hired? Such a missed opportunity.

Back