Geoff Collins is a Joke

Where would they be? You can't tell me where any better than you can tell me they wouldn't be here. If CGC had been recruiting them still, there is just as much chance they would be here. It is about relationships. You can't sell NFL to every player who goes to college. If all our kids are buying that then they're not smart enough to be at Tech.
Well, a 4* passing QB is probably going somewhere that passes the ball, not a team that runs QB keepers and dive plays 85% of the time.

The 4* running back would probably end up at a school where he isn't treated like a human bruise, like the BB position, or somewhere where he can showcase something other than running outside on pitch plays.

My guess would be Sims would have ended up anywhere from UCF to Miami to NC State to even UGAg.

Gibbs most likely UGAg, with a few Big10 schools thrown in like Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, Purdue.

We were not getting a 4* passing QB or a prototypical pro set RB for the triple.

@JJacket is an idiot, but he's spot on right here.

(lol.)
Thank you. It means a lot to me to win the internet, especially since I have won the "Best Poster Award" 9 out of the last 12 years due to my biting wit and football acumen

Well, a 4* passing QB is probably going somewhere that passes the ball, not a team that runs QB keepers and dive plays 85% of the time.

The 4* running back would probably end up at a school where he isn't treated like a human bruise, like the BB position, or somewhere where he can showcase something other than running outside on pitch plays.

My guess would be Sims would have ended up anywhere from UCF to Miami to NC State to even UGAg.

Gibbs most likely UGAg, with a few Big10 schools thrown in like Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, Purdue.

We were not getting a 4* passing QB or a prototypical pro set RB for the triple.

I will hear any man's opinion but you do realize that you can't go from using the word "probably" in your argument without implying speculation.

That continues to make both of our scenarios plausible. Like I said nobody can prove it otherwise. CPJ was a terrible recruiter, I'm not denying that. So either like my opinion or don't but you guys can't just assume we would never have had a 4* plus under CPJ with the right recruiter ( in this case I'm promoting CGC).

I will hear any man's opinion but you do realize that you can't go from using the word "probably" in your argument without implying speculation.

That continues to make both of our scenarios plausible. Like I said nobody can prove it otherwise. CPJ was a terrible recruiter, I'm not denying that. So either like my opinion or don't but you guys can't just assume we would never have had a 4* plus under CPJ with the right recruiter ( in this case I'm promoting CGC).
If you believe we would have gotten Gibbs and Sims with CPJ here, good for you. How's this. We absolutely would not have gotten either Sims or Gibbs at GT running the triple. The best back we ever had running the triple was Dwyer. Maybe Grant may have been close to a 4*.
Gibbs would have absolutely went factory school.

We were never gonna get another Choice, Dwyer, PJ Daniels with CPJ as HC. We were never gonna be in play for another Calvin Johnson. Ever

My BIL is an OSU fan and was very aware of Gibbs. They wanted him bad.

If you believe we would have gotten Gibbs and Sims with CPJ here, good for you. How's this. We absolutely would not have gotten either Sims or Gibbs at GT running the triple. The best back we ever had running the triple was Dwyer. Maybe Grant may have been close to a 4*.

We were never gonna get another Choice, Dwyer, PJ Daniels with CPJ as HC. We were never gonna be in play for another Calvin Johnson. Ever

You're just trolling now. I never said a word about CPJ being head coach...

"We benefitted from being coached to do a thing that was difficult to coach against."

Shocker.

Who still had difficulty defending us in recent years? Not Duke, Pitt, UVA and other middling coastal teams. Certainly not Clemson or uga. Not Big 10 opponents in bowls who just blew us up with their big D-lines. Not any bowl opponents, really.

Atlantic crossover opponents not named Clemson? Yes. And VPI for some unknown reason.

I'm confused AF. Did we or did we not win an orange bowl in 2014 well after CPJ's tenure started? According to the logic you guys are using, it was his crappy 1 and 2 star players that did that, and his inadequate offensive scheme that did that, and his crappy head coaching that did that.

Well at GA Tech....you can do that and we did.

It's almost like you are rooting against success we had and that's maddening. The only thing happening right now is the hope that this ship rights itself. There is no proven anything. Your arguments have no basis. If we start seeing things get better then you have legs to stand on but right now you're flopping around like a fish outta water.

The whole point was CPJs teams would have been exponentially better with a capable recruiter and you have not even begun to make a cohesive contradiction.

The whole point was CPJs teams would have been exponentially better with a capable recruiter and you have not even begun to make a cohesive contradiction.

Our recruiting budget under Bobinski was embarrassingly low. We reaped the benefits of that.

Couple those years with switching away from the option (which everyone knew would be rough), and you end up in the cellar. Then add on that our staff looks to be trying rip the bandaid off fast, you end up with historic losses. As erratic as we have been on offense, the only reason to go up tempo is to practice going up tempo. Hopefully it starts paying dividends soon.

I'm confused AF. Did we or did we not win an orange bowl in 2014 well after CPJ's tenure started? According to the logic you guys are using, it was his crappy 1 and 2 star players that did that, and his inadequate offensive scheme that did that, and his crappy head coaching that did that.

Well at GA Tech....you can do that and we did.

It's almost like you are rooting against success we had and that's maddening. The only thing happening right now is the hope that this ship rights itself. There is no proven anything. Your arguments have no basis. If we start seeing things get better then you have legs to stand on but right now you're flopping around like a fish outta water.

You're assuming there was a capable recruiter of selling against the negatives of the option. The only recruiter capable of that is bags of cash. But yes, you are correct. If CPJ swindled some NFL talent like when he came in then we wouldn't have midgets being thrown around like ragdolls for the last four years of his tenure

You're assuming there was a capable recruiter of selling against the negatives of the option. The only recruiter capable of that is bags of cash. But yes, you are correct. If CPJ swindled some NFL talent like when he came in then we wouldn't have midgets being thrown around like ragdolls for the last four years of his tenure
That was humiliating watching UGAg make sport out of body slamming our AB's

That was humiliating watching UGAg make sport out of body slamming our AB's
Was it embarrassing beating UGA 2 out of Johnson's last 5 years? Since we are just making öööö up, I will say this. Collins will never beat UGA and rarely play them competitively. I don't mean get annoyed because we are only wining 1 our of 4 or 5 I mean never. Our likely talent level after Collins rebuild will be similar to Kentucky but worse coaching.

I mean, it’s fun to play “what if” and imagine scenarios where different parts work together, even if there are real world, practical considerations why they wouldn’t.

In theory, it would have been fun to see a CPJ offense with a Tenuta defense when both were at their peak. (With just a little defense, we could have gotten some national attention in 2009 and 2014.)

Similarly, it would be fun to see a CPJ offense (whether the option or something like he ran at Hawaii) with somebody who could really market and recruit on the staff or at HC.

There are a lot of scenarios where that obviously couldn’t happen, but sometimes you catch the Dream Team lightning in a bottle like Ross/OLeary/Friedgen.

JRjr

Was it embarrassing beating UGA 2 out of Johnson's last 5 years? Since we are just making öööö up, I will say this. Collins will never beat UGA and rarely play them competitively. I don't mean get annoyed because we are only wining 1 our of 4 or 5 I mean never. Our likely talent level after Collins rebuild will be similar to Kentucky but worse coaching.
I will absolutely bet you on the "never" beat UGAg bet.

Yeah, but would we have beaten the Citadel?

Back