Get Over It

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Tech sucks, Falcons suck, Braves give you hope but fail in the end as usual, Biden sucks, COVID sucks, and who ööööing cares about soccer. And you want me to just get over it? Well, you suck too!
Maybe you could start by not making sports your whole life. That might help.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
Not lining up offsides, not false starting, and commiting pass interference are not rookie mistakes. These are rules of the game that these players know in middle school. Our players have to stop playing dumb. Do they even watch film and see how stupid they look making middle school errors? #3 makes a big play for the other team just about every game. He may get a shot at the next level but he has to clean his game up to be better.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
It seems to me Collins is too much of a players coach who doesn’t want to do the seniors wrong, but that fact of the matter is this year is free experience for the future.

our Defense is not stopping anyone right now. Might as well get young guys experience even if they don’t have the same grasp of the playbook.
So, he’s a öööö coach then.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Watching sports is not my life. I watch sports for entertainment. But it has been more painful than entertaining lately.
I’m not upset about the Braves at all. Braves have given me more this year than Tech football has in 20 years. And they’ll be back next year.

Falcons finally decided they’re not ok with mediocrity and fired Coach Bro. They will rebuild and come back.

Tech has a lot of young, inexperienced but talented players. Collins recruits well. We still don’t know if he can coach them up, but there are glimpses of a bright future.

I’m not gonna discuss politics in the football forum but it’s not gonna be what you fear.

and Covid vaccine’s coming out in November.

just relax, enjoy your weekend, and come say hi to us next Saturday at the tailgate.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Really 1 full year of Collins recruits. We honored most of Johnson's commits year 1.
Collins was told to honor those commits.
Wonder if those two OLs Collins slow played into walking away could help at all. Maybe, maybe not.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
and writing their twitter handle on a whiteboard.
I have never understood the allure of this.
No one in the stands can see it. And TV doesn't stay on it long enough for it to make an impact
It's almost as stupid as ... well, let's see...
Money down.
Lifting weights on the field before the game
Doing pushups after getting an onside kick ...

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
I see a lot of players who are serious about being high end players with pro aspirations. I also see others who have the all to common “poor me” attitude. Each player simply needs to be accountable to themselves. If you jump offsides, false start, or commit pass interference that’s a “you” problem and not a coaching problem. When you drop a snap that’s a “you” problem.

It‘s one thing to get beat due to talent. That’s a coaching decision to play those guys, but there is no reason for a D1 player to make middle school mistakes. Gibbs, Brown, and Mason obviously take their football careers seriously. They don’t act a fool. They just line up and play. We need more guys to emulate their attitude. If we just stop giving away penalty yards and cut the turnovers in half we’ll be alright.
I enjoyed seeing A Brown score the last touchdown and wanted t nothing to do with celebrating.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
He'll lose the Heisman voting to Sims though right? (Sims had more carries for more yards than Gibbs today)

I think we'll have to be 10+ win team for anyone to have a shot at a Heisman; so that's either promising or you think he'll hit the portal. He definitely the real deal, no one is even talking about JGriffin (0 carries today) anymore.
JGriffin didn't even travel.
He's also not as good as Mason, Gibbs, or D Smith

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
You are really good at calling people you disagree with names. Too bad you haven't been able to change my mind. Please keep trying. I would really like being able to enjoy the total demise of Tech's football program.

I'll tell you what's essential in rebuilding a football program. Coaching. We don't show any signs of having any.

One of us us completely wrong. I sure hope it's me.

Just trying to educate the ignorant. Vegas had our win total at 2.5 games. Did you come in to the season thinking they were crazy and every game was going to be close? No coach on the planet was going to come in here and makes this a top 25 team with a single recruiting class after being left largely a roster of FCS talent.

GT65_UGA89

We’re a Coca-Cola school
Stating the obvious, we are not a good football team.

Defensively, LB’s are slow, DB’s are slow, DL cannot get pressure on the QB -there is no way to compensate with one strength to hide a deficiency. I agree with what others have already said, play the younger guys more and let them get some game experience.

There is obviously talent on the offensive side of the ball. That being said, unfortunately that talent is all in the skill positions and lacking on OL. Turnovers have hindered offensive production and taken potential points off the board on several occasions.

Special teams, sans punting, are terrible. It’s awful when a FG attempt of 40 yards or more is not even a consideration, and XP’s aren’t a foregone given. I also do not understand why we don't fair catch kickoffs and take the ball on the 25. I guess when Gibbs is back receiving kickoffs, as we have seen, he’s a threat to return for a TD.

The mental mistakes are simply unacceptable. I know depth is an issue, but when a DL jumps offsides on 4th and whatever, he needs to be pulled, and sidelined for a couple of series. I won’t call out an individual player here, but one OL had a terrible game, right from the first series, he should have been pulled, but perhaps lack of depth prevents that.

Finally, for me this season has become nothing more than glorified practice time. Sure, I am ever optimistic to a fault, projecting a 6-5 season in @coit ‘s preseason poll. But realistically, this team is two years away from being a good football team. That being said, it’s time to show some improvement and look like a football team -I’m still not sold on either coordinator, but I have drank the Collins juice, and I’m on board - through 2022 anyway.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Tech sucks, Falcons suck, Braves give you hope but fail in the end as usual, Biden sucks, COVID sucks, and who ööööing cares about soccer. And you want me to just get over it? Well, you suck too!
The Braves outperformed expectations and were two runs away from making the World Series. If that makes your list of things that suck, you're not going to be happy very often.

There's only one team left standing at the end of the year in every league, and unless you're a Bama, Clemson, or Pats fan, simple math says it's not likely to be yours most years. Almost every team fails in the end every year.

Beez and Hustlas

Varsity Lurker
Just trying to educate the ignorant. Vegas had our win total at 2.5 games. Did you come in to the season thinking they were crazy and every game was going to be close? No coach on the planet was going to come in here and makes this a top 25 team with a single recruiting class after being left largely a roster of FCS talent.
Vegas also had us +3.5 yesterday.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
We were never going to compete with Clemson so that final doesn't really bother me.

As far as BC, the Gibbs TD brought back on a flag followed by a questionable fumble returned for A TD was the killer.

I didn't watch many games last year as it was a true year 0 as many talked about. I've enjoyed watching this year 1 group show some flashes of the future.

How many P5 schools are running out a true freshman RB/QB combo?
Amazing the hold on the kickoff was called considering this season has been a free for all hold fest. On our QB fumble turnover, our left tackle held the hell out of the BC DE after getting badly beaten to the inside and the DE still got to the QB/RB exchange and recovered the fumble. The hold was plain as day and ignored. It is almost as if the refs decide when they are going to call certain calls before the play and make it so.

I think there is a level of quit on this team that is hidden from us fans. The upperclassmen should be embarrassed and ashamed. Each side of the ball takes 11 to put in effort. We may have those that the GPS shows putting in max effort, but I bet we have several that are just cruising through the season. This is very Ross like in his first few years. And yes, I know Ross is a better coach. Collins needs to aspire to be a Bobby Ross.

We have a lot of work to do. I truly feel we have some bad apples on the team that are likely upperclassmen. We obviously don't have a coaching staff like Clemson. We obviously don't even have the numbers of staff Clemson has.

Our staff has a lot of hard work ahead of them. Our DL and OL is in tatters. You can watch the OL look good on one play and the next you have a huge missed assignment - like forgetting to block a DE. We seem to have no Commander of the OL. When. Sims has time, he looks pretty good, although the pick in our red zone was an awfully bad, telegraphed throw.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Is it your sense CiraldoForever is complaining bc we’re not top 25 right now?

Do you remember 2015 when we went 3-9 but every game was a nail biter?

What has us upset isn’t losing in year two but losing *like this*. The quality of Paul Johnson’s recruiting has absolutely nothing in the world to do with our team being the most penalized team in the country.

And I was today years old when I learned you didn’t watch many games last year... wtf?

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Is it your sense CiraldoForever is complaining bc we’re not top 25 right now?

Do you remember 2015 when we went 3-9 but every game was a nail biter?

What has us upset isn’t losing in year two but losing *like this*. The quality of Paul Johnson’s recruiting has absolutely nothing in the world to do with our team being the most penalized team in the country.

And I was today years old when I learned you didn’t watch many games last year... wtf?

I just am not sure what everyone's expectations were heading into this season. Would you have felt better if we'd beat BC and lost to Louisville? Did anyone here expect a much different record after these 6 games....if so what? 4 ACC teams lost by more than we did yesterday against other teams yesterday.....UNC had one less penalty and won. This whole poorly coached narrative is pathetic. Takes time to get talent needed to compete heads up.

Oh.....and OP crying about uniforms needs to go take a look at some of the trash we had in years past

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
I just am not sure what everyone's expectations were heading into this season. Would you have felt better if we'd beat BC and lost to Louisville? Did anyone here expect a much different record after these 6 games....if so what? 4 ACC teams lost by more than we did yesterday against other teams yesterday.....UNC had one less penalty and won. This whole poorly coached narrative is pathetic. Takes time to get talent needed to compete heads up.

Oh.....and OP crying about uniforms needs to go take a look at some of the trash we had in years past
what are your expectations for year 3? Let’s establish a baseline now, so when you make these kinds of posts next year, we better understand your metrics.

Last edited: