Gibbs gone

TechRush

Dodd-Like
Can he just sit out next year and rest up before he goes top 10 in the 2023 NFL draft?

I hope so because then, on Sunday Night Football, he can say Georgia Tech during the starter introductions. I will be so pumped!

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Can he just sit out next year and rest up before he goes top 10 in the 2023 NFL draft?

I hope so because then, on Sunday Night Football, he can say Georgia Tech during the starter introductions. I will be so pumped!
He's good, but he's not THAT good. Sitting out a season would either make him a low pick or UDFA

I'm surprised with all the craziness going on in CFB that the NFL doesn't just ditch the "3 years removed from HS or 21 years old rule".

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I'm surprised with all the craziness going on in CFB that the NFL doesn't just ditch the "3 years removed from HS or 21 years old rule".
What's the advantage for the NFL in doing that? With the setup right now they let their players give developed with near-professional level staffs and equipment while getting the type of exposure that makes the combine and draft a very lucrative process for them.

I don't really see any negatives for them -- even if CFB loses some of its luster, it's still much better than trying to run their own developmental league.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
What's the advantage for the NFL in doing that? With the setup right now they let their players give developed with near-professional level staffs and equipment while getting the type of exposure that makes the combine and draft a very lucrative process for them.

I don't really see any negatives for them -- even if CFB loses some of its luster, it's still much better than trying to run their own developmental league.
The advantage is you may have players (Texas, Oklahoma, aTm, Ohio State, Michigan...) who may get paid well enough in college to decide the NFL isn't with it. The NFL may now have to compete

If I were a star, top rated QB, my NIL would contain a Steve Young style annuity that would pay me now and then start paying me again at 40 or 45 a million $ or so a year in perpetuity. Won't need the NFL and the possibility of injury. I got Texa$ what they needed, they paid me accordingly, no CTE for me.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
@gtphd I can’t see any posts like yours. Is there some sort of track to getting twitter, etc to display on an ipad?

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
The advantage is you may have players (Texas, Oklahoma, aTm, Ohio State, Michigan...) who may get paid well enough in college to decide the NFL isn't with it. The NFL may now have to compete

If I were a star, top rated QB, my NIL would contain a Steve Young style annuity that would pay me now and then start paying me again at 40 or 45 a million $ or so a year in perpetuity. Won't need the NFL and the possibility of injury. I got Texa$ what they needed, they paid me accordingly, no CTE for me.
That would certainly be interesting, and if it became the norm then the NFL would have to consider changing.

That said, it's hard for me to see it happening too often because the vast majority of players a) have had a lifelong dream of playing in the NFL and b) love the game of football and want to keep playing as long as they can. No doubt there are some who do it solely for the money and are willing to walk away when they have "enough", but I think they are the exception.

ToHellwithUGA

Varsity Lurker
So, now it looks like there could be legitimate interest in Tennessee. I don't get it. If he leaves for an established factory, that's one thing. If he goes to a trash-ass program like Tennessee just because sEc then sorry but don't let the door hit you on your way out.
They’ve had better records than us

gtphd

What a time to be alive
@gtphd I can’t see any posts like yours. Is there some sort of track to getting twitter, etc to display on an ipad?
I think it’s a feature of the BB software. Maybe @BeeStorm can help if you’re having issues with embedded social media.

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That would certainly be interesting, and if it became the norm then the NFL would have to consider changing.

That said, it's hard for me to see it happening too often because the vast majority of players a) have had a lifelong dream of playing in the NFL and b) love the game of football and want to keep playing as long as they can. No doubt there are some who do it solely for the money and are willing to walk away when they have "enough", but I think they are the exception.
If the player doesn’t worry about getting hurt in college he won’t worry about it in the NFL. Also the colleges can’t start making these kind of deals. They have to free up their money for the next group of college stars, the same with the companies paying NIL money.