Gibbs gone

It's right up I-75 & he is the guaranteed starter in '22. Plus, $EC. And free range balls at all home games
This. He just wants out of Tech... I'm guessing b/c of the losing, but I'd really love to hear his take on the coaching situation. He needs to select a program where he is guaranteed to start so he can leave after one more season. This should rule out a Bama that's stacked with 5 stars and typically favors bigger backs. $EC gives these kids a chub. It's close to Dalton. Also a possibility that he'll flat out get paid to go there under the guise of NIL.

This. He just wants out of Tech... I'm guessing b/c of the losing, but I'd really love to hear his take on the coaching situation. He needs to select a program where he is guaranteed to start so he can leave after one more season. This should rule out a Bama that's stacked with 5 stars and typically favors bigger backs. $EC gives these kids a chub. It's close to Dalton. Also a possibility that he'll flat out get paid to go there under the guise of NIL.
It has to be about winning or splitting playing time with our other backs. He got all the exposure he could want here. He was one of two names thrown around every start of our broadcasts, unless Sims was out then he was the only name.

The portal will be a boon to coaches that seem to have their teams headed in the right direction and will further hurt coaches that look like they're floundering, regardless of whether the school is a factory or not.

There was a lot of buzz around C**** his first couple of years and the portal was a net benefit to Tech. Now that he looks like a fraud, it's easier for the athletes to jump ship. If he's somehow able to turn it around, we'll benefit again. If, more likely, he continues to struggle, we'll lose more talent.

Note in defense of TSTAN (I don't know why I do stuff like this, but if I'm going to harbor ill will towards him then I might as well balance it out):

The transfer portal negates one of the key pieces of logic behind hiring Collins which is that even if he failed, he would be able to turnover the roster to a more talented group that is well suited to run any scheme. Into the wind goes that logic when it's a 1 year commitment on both sides of the player/school equation. Now you need 4 years to flip a roster, but all that work can go away in one day.

Regarding Gibbs, we obviously leaned on him as the most talented player on our roster, but as much as he was our most valuable player, he wasn't a single handedly winning games type player. Or to paraphrase: we can win 3 games with or without him.

>Dedicate years of life and hard work and anything else you have to offer, to Tech
>Everyday you commit your blood, sweat, tears, etc., to Tech
>For years. Every. Single. Day.
>One day, Tech is no longer a place you feel you can be happy or successful.
>Have to make a decision for the sake of your future and your family, which will separate you from all of your closest friends, practically family.
>Thank Tech, thank friends, thank fans. Express love and well-wishes for all. Leave graceful and grateful.
>...
>Somewhere, someone - who does not know you or your circumstances, and does not care about your family or your future or you when you are not wearing the jersey of their favorite team - declares that you have no loyalty and are ruining college football.

I understand what you are saying, and honestly I think you are only saying it because you have not given it any thought while putting yourself in the shoes of these kids. We don't know what's going on in their lives or careers and they have to do what's best for them. As things stand today, I think anyone would have a hard time making the case that Georgia Tech football is providing the optimal opportunity for success to any of the men on its roster.

Come on man. I get what you are saying but the days of loyalty are over. The players obviously have no loyalty which is fine. The fans owe no loyalty to players either. Fans root for teams not players. I’ll root for the next guy playing running back and I’ll root for the next one after he is gone. And you’re a little over the top with the woo is me stuff as if the players are in prison. Blood, sweat, and tears? Seriously? You see more of that in labs across campus than on the football field. Dedicating their life to GT? Come on with that garbage, Athletes are dedicated to themselves. Often times their dedication lines up with what the athletic team wants so great for everyone. For Gibbs, he is dedicated to himself - as he should be. He isn’t dedicated to GT. Never was. And I’m fine with that. His dedication should always be to himself and his family. No different than any other student. You think all those engineers are dedicated to GT? Heck no. They all use GT to get high paying careers. As it should be. GT isn’t dedicated to them either. You stop paying and you’ll be booted. Devoe didn’t come back to help GT. He came back to improve his draft stock. Luckily, that aligns with helping the GT team win games. Players aren’t bad or wrong and fans aren’t bad or wrong. It’s not an us vs. them game. The players should be mad at their coaches for their team results. And the fans should be mad at the coaches for their team results.

Regarding Gibbs, we obviously leaned on him as the most talented player on our roster, but as much as he was our most valuable player, he wasn't a single handedly winning games type player. Or to paraphrase: we can win 3 games with or without him.
Losing him will definitely hurt especially on kick returns. But like I said earlier, if we lose Sims we're dead.

Now that’s a hot take.

Seriously that’s probably the worst example you could have chosen to prove your point.
My understanding is that Wilson wanted to play minor league baseball but wanted to still play QB and the coach disagreed, thus Wilson's transfer.

Last edited:
I was told earlier today that several Tech players had changed their Twitter profile pic to this. Does anyone know what it might mean?
1638234716842.png
How many of them did this? any idea who?
this became popular during the 2020 riots

Gibbs will be the best player in the portal. He’s going to the highest bidder.

Too bad he can't play tomorrow.
would anyone be surprised with the way things are heading if in the future players transfer midseason? Play for GT on Saturday ... BAMA the next Saturday. academic transfer credits be damned.

Russell Wilson transferred to Wisconsin for his last year of eligibility.
I was at the NCSt game in Raleigh year he left. Tech pounded them while we taunted the Pack with sing-song chants of "Russell Wilson" (clap, clap, clap).

>Dedicate years of life and hard work and anything else you have to offer, to Tech
>Everyday you commit your blood, sweat, tears, etc., to Tech
>For years. Every. Single. Day.
>One day, Tech is no longer a place you feel you can be happy or successful.
>Have to make a decision for the sake of your future and your family, which will separate you from all of your closest friends, practically family.
>Thank Tech, thank friends, thank fans. Express love and well-wishes for all. Leave graceful and grateful.
>...
>Somewhere, someone - who does not know you or your circumstances, and does not care about your family or your future or you when you are not wearing the jersey of their favorite team - declares that you have no loyalty and are ruining college football.

I understand what you are saying, and honestly I think you are only saying it because you have not given it any thought while putting yourself in the shoes of these kids. We don't know what's going on in their lives or careers and they have to do what's best for them. As things stand today, I think anyone would have a hard time making the case that Georgia Tech football is providing the optimal opportunity for success to any of the men on its roster.
I agree with both of y’all. One of the reasons college football is great is because it’s the school you went to and you’re cheering for your fellow classmates. Everyone is loyal to the same vision and doing their part to uplift their school.

It’s not that way anymore and it’s getting further and further from it. Not just players, but coaches too.

At the same time, I believe it’s ok for the players to realize they were defrauded by a snake oil salesman coach. They’ve made the right decision to leave, especially since we can’t make the right decision to fire Gefoff.

I Thought The Purpose Of The Transfer Portal Was For Those…
I see a day coming where a player can leave mid season and play for another team that year. Rent A Player
You would have to be enrolled in the new school, right? So you could see someone transferring at the end of Fall and starting in Spring, but I can't see how you could transfer mid-Fall semester. Even on a quarter system, Fall runs to Christmas and Winter stars in January.

You would have to be enrolled in the new school, right? So you could see someone transferring at the end of Fall and starting in Spring, but I can't see how you could transfer mid-Fall semester. Even on a quarter system, Fall runs to Christmas and Winter stars in January.
point here is "academics be damned" .. yes, I can't see how it would work either but the way this is all headed, ridiculous is the norm.

You act as if these kids are students or something. Dude, these football players are Ambassadors for the schools. Silly man.

Back