Gibbs to Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah everybody has to deal with shade from time to time but that still doesn't make it any easier. Everybody loves to play the hindsight game, "oh he quit on the team on the opening kickoff, wah, wah, wah..." Bullshit. The kid couldn't see the ball well and made a mistake fielding it.
The TV announcer said Gibbs received a slight concussion early in the game. I wasn’t at the game so I can’t say for sure. I’m just saying what was the official word.

He probably realized that that entire game was a sham and there was no reason to risk injury. Collins did not even try to compete in that game. Sad.
He probably looked over at his QB that went 0'fer against Clemson, UNC, and Notre Dame and went "this ain't it, chief". Can't say I blame him. Who could have guessed he would also go 0'fer against UG

He probably looked over at his QB that went 0'fer against Clemson, UNC, and Notre Dame and went "this ain't it, chief". Can't say I blame him. Who could have guessed he would also go 0'fer against UG
Yet we played Clemson close and beat UNC

One of UGAs fat linemen landed right on top of Gibbs. He hurt his ribs. Bad enough that they X-rayed him during the game. Nothing broken. This is a fact.

The staff kept him out of the game. Someone said Gibbs tried to go back in the game but a staff member took his helmet away and hid it. I didn’t see this myself.

Look, the student-athlete clearly just transferred to a school where he thought he could get a better education as a student. Happens all the time. I'll bet that 90% of the student-athletes in the Portal are just looking for a better educational opportunity. We shouldn't continue to beat this dead horse. If we lose a lot of student-athletes to the Portal then that is probably a sign that we need to improve the quality of the education that we are offering.

That having been said . . . I'm really pretty sick and tired of all the revisionist bull öööö like this:

FEE7CCEE-D94D-45C8-8429-B8C0F1B83754.jpeg

People would have you believe he's the next Bo Jackson, Ricky Williams, Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders.

Was he a five star? Was he? Was he the number one running back in his high school class? How about top five? How about top five player in the state? If he is so ööööing super awesome talented, then why not?

He's a very good player. He's not Marcus Allen. He's not Derrick Henry. I don't think he's even Travis Etienne or Najee Harris. Maybe he's Javonte Williams.

Look, the student-athlete clearly just transferred to a school where he thought he could get a better education as a student. Happens all the time. I'll bet that 90% of the student-athletes in the Portal are just looking for a better educational opportunity. We shouldn't continue to beat this dead horse. If we lose a lot of student-athletes to the Portal then that is probably a sign that we need to improve the quality of the education that we are offering.

That having been said . . . I'm really pretty sick and tired of all the revisionist bull öööö like this:

People would have you believe he's the next Bo Jackson, Ricky Williams, Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders.

Was he a five star? Was he? Was he the number one running back in his high school class? How about top five? How about top five player in the state? If he is so ööööing super awesome talented, then why not?

He's a very good player. He's not Marcus Allen. He's not Derrick Henry. I don't think he's even Travis Etienne or Najee Harris. Maybe he's Javonte Williams.
Better education? Was he a 5-star?

Put down the fentanyl patch and step away from the keyboard.

Didn’t he lead the country in All-Purpose yards or something?

Jeebus dude, post in the morning before your “meds” kick in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back