Gibbs to Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is not how.
1648499974211.gif

His leader quit on us for money as well so you have a point! Very astute observation from you :thumbup:
No he abandoned a sinking ship...big difference. You know, the same reason they tell you to mask up first on a plane. But I'd expect nothing less, you'd rather dog out a Tech Grad and a Kid for betting their careers than call it for what it is. Different AD and HC, we may not have a discussion

Like I said earlier, dude is gone, get over it. I don't give a flying öööö what he does at Bama. I am not a fan of Bama. I am a fan of GT. The GT head football coach may suck, but that doesn't mean I'm going to root for a Bama player. I'm not even going to wish him luck because I don't care what he does at Bama.

No he abandoned a sinking ship...big difference. You know, the same reason they tell you to mask up first on a plane. But I'd expect nothing less, you'd rather dog out a Tech Grad and a Kid for betting their careers than call it for what it is. Different AD and HC, we may not have a discussion
He took a job elsewhere for more money. Accept the truth. Stop projecting your fantasy that his employment would ever be in jeopardy here, or that he would not be in demand after your endgame occurs. He took the money and bounced.

He took a job elsewhere for more money. Accept the truth. Stop projecting your fantasy that his employment would ever be in jeopardy here, or that he would not be in demand after your endgame occurs. He took the money and bounced.
See there you go ... No one said his Job was in Jeopardy here. Most valuable employees that no longer feel their worth isn't valued bounce to where it is. That's how it works dumbass. Period

See there you go ... No one said his Job was in Jeopardy here. Most valuable employees that no longer feel their worth isn't valued bounce to where it is. That's how it works dumbass. Period
You go from calling it a sinking ship, implying there was a job security issue, to assuming he wasn't valued. You're a moron.

Why does everybody think Gibbs quit during the dwag game? Did i miss something? I heard he may have have pulled a hammy early on.

Why does everybody think Gibbs quit during the dwag game? Did i miss something? I heard he may have have pulled a hammy early on.
Because he very obviously quit during the UGA game after a slight injury.

Because he very obviously quit during the UGA game after a slight injury.
Gibbs just doesn't strike me as having quit in him - and apparently, he was not a big dwag fan so I'm just going to remain skeptical about this until someone with some credibility confirms it.

I mean we all bitch at the coaching staff over putting Hollings back in against BYU but now we are going to bitch at the coaching staff for not putting Gibbs back in when he clearly had a bullseye on his jersey as our biggest weapon against a bunch of bulldozers on steroids.

I need more than "pretty sure he quit."

Gibbs just doesn't strike me as having quit in him - and apparently, he was not a big dwag fan so I'm just going to remain skeptical about this until someone with some credibility confirms it.

I mean we all bitch at the coaching staff over putting Hollings back in against BYU but now we are going to bitch at the coaching staff for not putting Gibbs back in when he clearly had a bullseye on his jersey as our biggest weapon against a bunch of bulldozers on steroids.

I need more than "pretty sure he quit."
The fact of the matter is college football has become completely about getting to the NFL and building your brand. These kids aren’t loyal to the school, fanbase, or rivalries unless it’s part of their brand. For a GT player it is not worth as much to hate UGA as it is to maintain positive relationships with UGA players and stay healthy. We are a minor league team now.

The fact of the matter is college football has become completely about getting to the NFL and building your brand. These kids aren’t loyal to the school, fanbase, or rivalries unless it’s part of their brand. For a GT player it is not worth as much to hate UGA as it is to maintain positive relationships with UGA players and stay healthy. We are a minor league team now.
Like I said, I need more than "...here's what I think but represent as fact..."

Like I said, I need more than "...here's what I think but represent as fact..."
What is your fact-based argument? You think he pulled his hammy? Shouldn’t we know what kept our star player out of the most important game of the year? Shouldn’t it be readily apparent from film?

he tweaked something and decided it wasn’t worth it. He treated the game like a bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back