Gibbs to Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the specifics but something happened during Gibbs' recruitment that turned him hard against the dwags. He is not any threat to transfer to the cesspool of the south.
More likely Bama just offered him more $$$. The NCAA lends a blind eye to Saban and Kirby’s cheating . But will make teams like Georgia Tech take down ACC Championship banners won fair and square over a silly t-shirt.

Attitude reflect Leadership....it starts at the top. Quit faulting a kid bettering himself and call it for what it is. Failure from the top that funneled to a 19yr old. People leave companies the same damn way
Nope he quit. That’s “what it is.” Quit condoning quitters. It’s never ok to quit on your team. Your teammates deserve better than that. I don’t care what age you are or what level you’re playing at.

Attitude reflect Leadership....it starts at the top. Quit faulting a kid bettering himself and call it for what it is. Failure from the top that funneled to a 19yr old. People leave companies the same damn way
His leader quit on us for money as well so you have a point! Very astute observation from you :thumbup:

Last edited:
More likely Bama just offered him more $$$. The NCAA lends a blind eye to Saban and Kirby’s cheating . But will make teams like Georgia Tech take down ACC Championship banners won fair and square over a silly t-shirt.
He did not take $ to go to Bama. The kid just wanted to win. He turned down NIL deals while at GT.

Gibbs made the smartest decision of any anyone around the GT program. A better decision than what our AD made. A better decision than what our head coach made by retaining the DC. Looking over the entire season the one person who improved his current standing and future standing was Gibbs. Edited to note that along also made a smart decision by coming here and being the head coach in waiting. No down side for him either. So Gibbs and Long had the best off season.

I am referring to Gibbs' recruitment out of high school, not the portal.

Normally I would hold a grudge against Gibbs or anyone else for leaving Tech football halfway through. But this is a clown show, and I can't blame him one bit. I won't root for him (especially at Bama), but I won't root against him, either. He's basically just another college football player to me. Like any other Bama player.

Gibbs made the smartest decision of any anyone around the GT program. A better decision than what our AD made. A better decision than what our head coach made by retaining the DC. Looking over the entire season the one person who improved his current standing and future standing was Gibbs. Edited to note that along also made a smart decision by coming here and being the head coach in waiting. No down side for him either. So Gibbs and Long had the best off season.
The “smartest decision” should never involve quitting on your team. Speaks volumes of you to even make that statement.

The “smartest decision” should never involve quitting on your team. Speaks volumes of you to even make that statement.
So the smartest decision is to keep beating a horse carcus? A wise man once said the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Why would he want to stay under a moronic coaching staff and fly under the radar of every NFL radar, especially when Tech wasn’t even a school he wanted to go to? Yeah it sucks we lost him, but he’s not gonna stay at a place he has no future at. When you’re in a job and the business is running itself into the ground, is it smart to stay? No, it’s smart to get your ass out of there while you can still save face.

So the smartest decision is to keep beating a horse carcus? A wise man once said the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Why would he want to stay under a moronic coaching staff and fly under the radar of every NFL radar, especially when Tech wasn’t even a school he wanted to go to? Yeah it sucks we lost him, but he’s not gonna stay at a place he has no future at. When you’re in a job and the business is running itself into the ground, is it smart to stay? No, it’s smart to get your ass out of there while you can still save face.
First off, he wasn’t flying under anyone’s radar.

Second, he quit before the season was over. He quit at the start of the final game. That’s the part that everyone is salty about - not just him leaving.

Both his position coach and OC are gone. What "moronic coaching staff" are you talking about? Is the new RB coach a moron? Is Coach Long? Is this more "muh cOaChInG" CDS rhetoric or care to elaborate?

Also, anyone transferring to Bama would improve their draft stock. It says nothing about the program the player is leaving and certainly isn't some "gotcha". Get your hyperbole "no future" bullshit out of here. He only has one year of school ball left and was already showing up in first round mocks before transferring.

First off, he wasn’t flying under anyone’s radar.

Second, he quit before the season was over. He quit at the start of the final game. That’s the part that everyone is salty about - not just him leaving.
Sure, he wasn't flying under anybody's radar but if you don't believe transferring to Bama increases his draft status then I want some of what you are smoking.

And to your second point, he didn't quit. He took a hard lick to the ribs on the opening kickoff. He tried to keep playing and after the next couple possessions, the coaches took his helmet away. He was trying to get them to let him go back in.

What you posted has absolutely ZERO to do with quitting during the UGA game.

And to your second point, he didn't quit. He took a hard lick to the ribs on the opening kickoff. He tried to keep playing and after the next couple possessions, the coaches took his helmet away. He was trying to get them to let him go back in.
1648493200841.gif

Sure, he wasn't flying under anybody's radar but if you don't believe transferring to Bama increases his draft status then I want some of what you are smoking.

Sure, your average player increased their draft stock by going to Bama, but Gibbs isn’t your average player. He was going first round no matter what school he went to.

I’m not buying that he was pulled from the game and never allowed back in.

Sure, your average player increased their draft stock by going to Bama, but Gibbs isn’t your average player. He was going first round no matter what school he went to.

I’m not buying that he was pulled from the game and never allowed back in.
Why don't you check where Gibbs projected draft spot was before and after he transferred to Bama.

You don't have to buy anything. I'm telling you what happened, but believe whatever you want. Gibbs is probably one of the ones furthest from a quitter on the team. He wanted to win and made a business decision.

Why don't you check where Gibbs projected draft spot was before and after he transferred to Bama.

You don't have to buy anything. I'm telling you what happened, but believe whatever you want. Gibbs is probably one of the ones furthest from a quitter on the team. He wanted to win and made a business decision.
How how do you know what happened? Because you pay $9.99/month to read propaganda from Quintana?

All this talk and concern for an Alabama RB - so what are the thoughts regarding Jase McClellan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back