Godsey/Key Co-OC’s

Key did a good job getting UCF on the map and Saban thought well enough of him to carve out a second offensive line coaching position for him. He has all the right pedigree. The Goose is interesting. I’m excited about the hire, but he’s kind of on QB coach rotation in the NFL so I hope he isn’t a dud of a coach.

giphy.gif

Seems underwhelming. Would prefer a college guy from the Mullin/Meyer tree if I could personally pick. Like Key on the staff though.

From what I am hearing. Key focuses on run game, Godsey calls the plays.

Close friend of mine coaches at Alabama and I asked him about Key last week as a HC and he praised him and said he would be a phenomenal hire so if he came here to coach the offense or part of it that would be huge

Close friend of mine coaches at Alabama and I asked him about Key last week as a HC and he praised him and said he would be a phenomenal hire so if he came here to coach the offense or part of it that would be huge

Saban likes Key so much he made room for him on his coaching staff alongside Cristobal as a 2nd o line coach. At the time, we were the only other team that used 2 o line coaches. He could have hired him on in his army of analysts but took that route instead. Says a lot to me.

Saban likes Key so much he made room for him on his coaching staff alongside Cristobal as a 2nd o line coach. At the time, we were the only other team that used 2 o line coaches. He could have hired him on in his army of analysts but took that route instead. Says a lot to me.

Ditto and my buddy is one of those infantry/ analysts but used to be a GA so maybe a better gig soon or atleast has Saban to put down on his resume

If he likes him so much why doesn't him promote him to OC? The job is open...

From what I am hearing. Key focuses on run game, Godsey calls the plays.

Perhaps they would have titles like this, not sure. I have heard nothing about assistants the last 20 hours. I do think Godsey wants the job and will likely get it. Understand, though, this means Ralph Friedgen is his mentor and will be involved. Ralph and O'L are going to be around a lot from what I am told.

Perhaps they would have titles like this, not sure. I have heard nothing about assistants the last 20 hours. I do think Godsey wants the job and will likely get it. Understand, though, this means Ralph Friedgen is his mentor and will be involved. Ralph and O'L are going to be around a lot from what I am told.
Now I'm conflicted.

Back