Godsey/Key Co-OC’s

Perhaps they would have titles like this, not sure. I have heard nothing about assistants the last 20 hours. I do think Godsey wants the job and will likely get it. Understand, though, this means Ralph Friedgen is his mentor and will be involved. Ralph and O'L are going to be around a lot from what I am told.
Anything with the Fridge involves gets my vote of approval. I realize he's old now, and he probably feels 10 years older than he is given his physical condition, but man he was a lot of fun to have as OC. Still feel bad for how he was treated by his alma mater.

Perhaps they would have titles like this, not sure. I have heard nothing about assistants the last 20 hours. I do think Godsey wants the job and will likely get it. Understand, though, this means Ralph Friedgen is his mentor and will be involved. Ralph and O'L are going to be around a lot from what I am told.
Do they both live over on Lake O?

Brent Key + Jalen Hurts? Hmmm...

I love all the talk about former players, not going to happen nor should it. That said, the difference between Whiz and these other guys is that they all have recent college football experience.

Choice, Godsey, Key, Burton... who else can we throw in the mix??

I like it. They're familiar with the student side at GT. Godsey is the bridge to the Friedgen offense. Godsey brings NFL experience that doubles as recruiting fodder: Tom Brady's QB coach. Bring in Friedgen as a consultant to help install Godsey as OC. Key has a reputation as a solid recruiter. Godsey might reopen that pipeline from Jesuit HS in Tampa to GT. Key should have plenty of recruiting connections in the Orlando area. Solid.

I know everybody is pissy about giving GT alumni like Wiz a pass ... but these two have earned it.

Consultants to CFB programs are not new, Broyles (as AD ) hired Danny Ford as consultant after Kenny Hatfield left the Razorback program in shambles (flexbone) and Frank did not have enough descent players to get a good qualified HC, so he promoted an assistant and let Danny consult. He later hired Danny to be head coach after Danny's payout from Clemson was done. I like the idea of O'L and "fridge" consulting in our case, they're not ever going to coach again IMO.

Consultants to CFB programs are not new, Broyles (as AD ) hired Danny Ford as consultant after Kenny Hatfield left the Razorback program in shambles (flexbone) and Frank did not have enough descent players to get a good qualified HC, so he promoted an assistant and let Danny consult. He later hired Danny to be head coach after Danny's payout from Clemson was done. I like the idea of O'L and "fridge" consulting in our case, they're not ever going to coach again IMO.
What the hell are you talking about? Ken Hatfield went 55-17 and left Arkansas after five straight seasons of 9+ wins, including 10 wins each his last two seasons there. The program was not in shambles.

If you're going to make a dig at the flexbone at least get you're ööööing facts straight and find a better example.

What the hell are you talking about? Ken Hatfield went 55-17 and left Arkansas after five straight seasons of 9+ wins, including 10 wins each his last two seasons there. The program was not in shambles.

If you're going to make a dig at the flexbone at least get you're ööööing facts straight and find a better example.

Back