Godsey/Key Co-OC’s

Bro, Ken Hatfield was the winningest coach in Arkansas history. Four top 15 finishes in six years. Your not-so-subtle shot at the flexbone missed the mark pretty badly.

Also, FWIW, Danny Ford had a losing record at Arkansas, only made one bowl during his tenure, and was never ranked at any point during any season. Not the best precedent to follow.

For the life of me I don't know how you guys read, the whole point I am making is about the mention of Goe O'L and the "Fridge" possibly being consultants to our program and I gave a little history of a case where that was done when a team had been run in the ground, you need to understand Hatfield left when the cupboard was COMING bear and yes that led to Danny Ford having to completely rebuild the program, I was there, I saw exactly what happened. My gosh how you took this where you have taken it boggles the mind.

Sure, we should also set aside an emeritus coaching position for Heisman’s ashes. I can never understand the whole alumnus coach hire! You either hire the best out there for the job or you don’t, stfu about the past! All you do is muddy the waters!

giphy.gif

For the life of me I don't know how you guys read, the whole point I am making is about the mention of Goe O'L and the "Fridge" possibly being consultants to our program and I gave a little history of a case where that was done when a team had been run in the ground, you need to understand Hatfield left when the cupboard was COMING bear and yes that led to Danny Ford having to completely rebuild the program, I was there, I saw exactly what happened. My gosh how you took this where you have taken it boggles the mind.
Some people think there should be a citizenship test before you get to vote. I think there should be some kind of sarcasm leveler before you get to post... just so we could all be on the same level of snark. Otherwise it's really hard to know what to take at face value.

Sure, we should also set aside an emeritus coaching position for Heisman’s ashes. I can never understand the whole alumnus coach hire! You either hire the best out there for the job or you don’t, stfu about the past! All you do is muddy the waters!

I generally agree that it shouldn’t matter, but one positive that can come out of it is more booster money. Not saying it will happen in this situation, but if Godsey is around, or if O’Leary/Fridge is around as consultant, you have a much closer connection with former players than you otherwise might, and boosters who long for those days could be more likely to give.

Honestly I'd prefer someone doing really innovative, even if it's at the FCS level. Do we have to make this as hard as humanly possible? It's not like Clemson and Alabama are running the same stuff as the pros. Let's run pistol, or at least shotgun spread with some zone read.

Honestly I'd prefer someone doing really innovative, even if it's at the FCS level. Do we have to make this as hard as humanly possible? It's not like Clemson and Alabama are running the same stuff as the pros. Let's run pistol, or at least shotgun spread with some zone read.

UCF ran a lot of Pistol when Key was there.

I have no idea exactly what we will run but shotgun spread with some zone read is not really innovative. Don’t many schools run this already? FWIW, it’s what I expect us to run a lot of the time based on our personnel and who we are recruiting.

I like the idea of Key and Godsey as co-OCs. I like they have the Tech connections, know the program and the school.

People are throwing out names based on experience and profile, but the last coordinator with those that we plucked from thin air was Al Groh. People have to be able to work together, and Groh was oil and water to the rest of our staff. High profile, big name mercenaries have their pitfalls too.

I like the idea of Key and Godsey as co-OCs. I like they have the Tech connections, know the program and the school.

People are throwing out names based on experience and profile, but the last coordinator with those that we plucked from thin air was Al Groh. People have to be able to work together, and Groh was oil and water to the rest of our staff. High profile, big name mercenaries have their pitfalls too.

Key is not coming. Godsey might not be coming but Key will not be coaching at GT next season. Don’t think there has even been contact.

I have no idea exactly what we will run but shotgun spread with some zone read is not really innovative. Don’t many schools run this already? FWIW, it’s what I expect us to run a lot of the time based on our personnel and who we are recruiting.

Bring back power blocking baby.

Back