Godsey/Key Co-OC’s

If it's the current Temple OC, get ready for people to be underwhelmed.

Last 10 games this year (after a QB change), Temple averaged 37.9 ppg. They scored 30+ in 7 of those 10, and 40+ in five of them. They averaged the same YPG that we did, although I assume in more possessions.

Patenaude's offenses at Coastal Carolina were some of the best in the FCS while he was there. I think we can do better, but he wouldn't be a terrible Plan B.

Last 10 games this year (after a QB change), Temple averaged 37.9 ppg. They scored 30+ in 7 of those 10, and 40+ in five of them. They averaged the same YPG that we did, although I assume in more possessions.

Patenaude's offenses at Coastal Carolina were some of the best in the FCS while he was there. I think we can do better, but he wouldn't be a terrible Plan B.
I'd be willing to give him a chance, but I get the impression a lot of fans wouldn't like the hire. Just an unscientific impression.

I watched all of their last 6 games. Their offense was quite good with not an extremely athletic QB. Believe they put up over 700 yards against UCF. I was impressed that their QB did a lot considering his limitations.

Here's a really nice look at Patenaude: https://notredame.rivals.com/news/film-room-inside-look-at-temple-s-offense

We can run this stuff. He even likes some speed option and triple option run out of different formations. He has had teams at CC that were fairly run heavy, which we might need to be for the first year or two.

Key is not coming. Godsey might not be coming but Key will not be coaching at GT next season. Don’t think there has even been contact.
I put a lot of weight into your posts, because you've been spot on so far. But I've read several reports about Key, one said he was spotted talking with CGC on the sidelines of the Benz during GHSA state championships. Like I said then too, he could just be there recruiting for Bama. But I also read somewhere else that CGC and him have talked about him coming in as the o-line coach/recruiting coordinator. That would be a step up from his position at Bama where he is one of 2 o-line coaches. Plus I've heard he most definitely is interested in being back at Tech. If there's any open communication there at all, I could definitely see it being a possibility.

Nebraska just needs to pick up a powerful tailback in the 230 lb range. Maybe a JC transfer or something
ohoq9.jpg

I bet the teams Temple did that to didn't have the best defenses in the nation, did they? Then those numbers are invalid. Or I think that's how it goes around here.

I put a lot of weight into your posts, because you've been spot on so far. But I've read several reports about Key, one said he was spotted talking with CGC on the sidelines of the Benz during GHSA state championships. Like I said then too, he could just be there recruiting for Bama. But I also read somewhere else that CGC and him have talked about him coming in as the o-line coach/recruiting coordinator. That would be a step up from his position at Bama where he is one of 2 o-line coaches. Plus I've heard he most definitely is interested in being back at Tech. If there's any open communication there at all, I could definitely see it being a possibility.

You can probably figure out where much of my info is/was coming from. I had a lot of info the last few months. I have very little new info the last week. I think the primary goal was to make sure GC got the job from my sources. Not sure the rest is as important.

That being said, my guys love Key but Key would only come for the OC job and a raise. My sources wanted Godsey but not sure that is going to happen. I just don't see Key coming for a lateral move and would be surprised if he is offered the OC job.

I bet the teams Temple did that to didn't have the best defenses in the nation, did they? Then those numbers are invalid. Or I think that's how it goes around here.

The defenses we beat up on tend not to be the best either. I suppose that's the joke, though?

They did put up 35 on BC, which was the 2nd most BC yielded all year.

They scored 35 on Maryland, which was the most the Terps gave up outside of games against Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State.

They scored 40 vs UCF, which was the most UCF gave up until Memphis scored 41 in the championship game.

This is stingtalk, and the answer is clear. He was given the info from CGC's mom after he gave it to CGC's mom.

No. It came from ur mom, right after every coach and player in the rumors "gave" it to her.

Back