Godspeed Bama, FSU,Texas and Michigan

In addition it allowed Missouri to make the Cotton Bowl on account of beating Kansas State I guess.

next on the agenda is Liberty exposing Oregon in the Fiesta...
As much as I would love to see that happen... No. I love Chadwell's offense and I wish them success, but I don't think they have the horsepower to hang with Oregon. Duck's D will get some stops, but Liberty's D will not. JMHO!

This is one reason why I think a 12 team playoff is too many. It will devalue some of these conference championship games. UGA would’ve just rested their starters today. 6-8 teams would be ideal IMO.
The unbeaten ACC champ getting shafted is all I need to see for a 12 team playoff argument.

These committee assholes would be looking for a way to shaft ACC champ GT in the future even at 6 teams. We control our destiny with a 12 team playoff.

The unbeaten ACC champ getting shafted is all I need to see for a 12 team playoff argument.

These committee assholes would be looking for a way to shaft ACC champ GT in the future even at 6 teams. We control our destiny with a 12 team playoff.
Til they ditch auto-in's for conference champs.

Half of the teams will be from the SEC. Ohio State and Michigan will both get automatic bids. The ACC and others will split the remaining four bids.

Half of the teams will be from the SEC. Ohio State and Michigan will both get automatic bids. The ACC and others will split the remaining four bids.
I'd find it perversely funny if the semifinals next year are all SEC or Big 10. Let's see how the ratings for that goes.

that 55th ranked SoS though...
SoS rank is snake oil. Alabama's 13 opponents went 86-66 combined (.566). FSU's 13 opponents went 79-73 combined (.520). That translates to Alabama's typical opponent being a slightly worse than 7-5 team, and FSU's typical opponent being a slightly better than 6-6 team. FSU beat LSU by 3 TDs at a neutral site, Alabama beat LSU by 2 TDs at home. Both teams played FCS opponents. FSU won 3 of its games by a TD or less. Alabama won 4 games by a TD or less, lost at home by 10, and needed a miracle 4th and forever last play of game TD against 6-5 Auburn to avoid a 2nd loss. Going 13-0 against FSU's schedule is a better mark than 12-1 against Alabama's schedule.

Alabama got picked because they're more of a known quantity with Milroe under center than FSU is with Rodemaker. That's it. The committee stated as much. Not because Alabama was demonstrably better than FSU on the field. Once they picked Alabama they felt they had to take Texas, and taking Texas over FSU was as much a stretch as Alabama over FSU.

SoS rank is snake oil. Alabama's 13 opponents went 86-66 combined (.566). FSU's 13 opponents went 79-73 combined (.520). That translates to Alabama's typical opponent being a slightly worse than 7-5 team, and FSU's typical opponent being a slightly better than 6-6 team. FSU beat LSU by 3 TDs at a neutral site, Alabama beat LSU by 2 TDs at home. Both teams played FCS opponents. FSU won 3 of its games by a TD or less. Alabama won 4 games by a TD or less, lost at home by 10, and needed a miracle 4th and forever last play of game TD against 6-5 Auburn to avoid a 2nd loss. Going 13-0 against FSU's schedule is a better mark than 12-1 against Alabama's schedule.

Alabama got picked because they're more of a known quantity with Milroe under center than FSU is with Rodemaker. That's it. The committee stated as much. Not because Alabama was demonstrably better than FSU on the field. Once they picked Alabama they felt they had to take Texas, and taking Texas over FSU was as much a stretch as Alabama over FSU.
IIRC, FSU beat LSU by 3 TDs with Daniels. Bama beat em by 2 TDs without Daniels last 11 minutes. Btw, Daniels should win the Heisman.

Back