Godspeed Bama, FSU,Texas and Michigan

"I wish my leg broke earlier in the season so y'all could see this team is much more than the quarterback," Travis posted to X (formerly Twitter) on Sunday.
This is the part that bothers me. Are you really punishing this whole team, coaches, fans, and conference because a player broke his leg and then the team went undefeated while he was injured? Winning a rivalry game the opponent needed for bowl eligibility and a conference championship?

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose -- to evaluate performance on the field."

Good quote

1701629259368.png

Not only is the one you highlighte a bogus principle, so is the first one. Conference championships won??? What does the number of championships won IN THE PAST have to do with the current year. If it simply said "Conference championship (no plural) won", then yes, but plural? Why the hell is that a principle?
I don’t disagree at all. The system overall is flawed. Quickly recapping the last 15 years.

1. BCS with a bogus LSU-Alabama MNC game led to the creation of the CFP.
2. Year 1 of the CFP in 2014 saw TCU drop from #3 to #6 lose despite winning on the final week of the season.
3. We’ve seen teams not play in Championship games get in the CFP, while others lose get knocked out replacing a team who had to play in a Championship game (tOSU, Bama) come to mind.

We’ve seen other controversy (mentioned above), but nothing like today. And next year the CFP will expand to 12 which people have argued is too much.

Had the CFP been expanded to 6 this year, people would have argued for the team finishing #7. And how much do you want to bet, the CFP Top 6 would look like this:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. UGA
6. tOSU

FSU would have probably fallen to 7, with Oregon at 8. The injury principle written into the current CFP would have allowed the committee a bogus leg to stand on.

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose -- to evaluate performance on the field."

Good quote
EXCELLENT quote. Who said it?

Because in the most recent week, Alabama beat the #1 team, won the SEC, had a final SoS of 5th, and their only loss was to another CFP team. I am not an Alabama fan, but I dislike Washington and Michigan more. So until GT gets in, I will cheer for any team from the SEC or ACC over overrated conferences. FSU was not going to get it done and it would have been a wasted spot.
They also had to have a kick-six level miracle to beat a 6-loss team that had their öööö pushed in at home by New Mexico State.

Hopefully fsu/acc brings a lawsuit, there is real monetary damage, it's ööööing ridiculous.
I believe FSU got screwed, but what grounds could they sue over? We got our feelings hurt because they didn't like us or choose us? That's really all they can possibly claim, unless there is some kind of anti-trust violation, which I think is unlikely,

I believe FSU got screwed, but what grounds could they sue over? We got our feelings hurt because they didn't like us or choose us? That's really all they can possibly claim, unless there is some kind of anti-trust violation, which I think is unlikely,
There are real monetary damages to both the school and the conference, let's get some subpoenas and see if they all followed the protocol of the contract and there wasn't some shady dealings going on.

There are real monetary damages to both the school and the conference, let's get some subpoenas and see if they all followed the protocol of the contract and there wasn't some shady dealings going on.
Since they seem to have covered all possibilites with their "principles" (regardless of how bogus they are), I don't think FSU would have a case.

As I mentioned, their better position is to have a congressperson pursue an investigation (leveraging government exemption from anti-trust) and subpoena records. All you need is an email or a text from one member of the committee suggesting SEC favoritism to open up a lawsuit.

Back