Gold Unis this week.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
For the love of God we are the most color blind school. Nothing wrong with the jersey, but why is it so hard to match the gold in the Wreck like we did with the helmet’s gold?!

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Metallic vs non-metallic
We commissioned someone to create our own gold color that was specifically supposed to match. But we can’t get Adidas to make the color. What to do?

Pantone4515

Damn Good Rat
I LOVE these. But...as others have said, the golds don't match at all and don't come close to the Wreck, which was supposed to be the basis for the new Tech gold. But they're sick.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
We commissioned someone to create our own gold color that was specifically supposed to match. But we can’t get Adidas to make the color. What to do?
They are two different Pantones. Both are considered Tech gold. I don’t like it either, but I guess it’s what we are stuck with until they figure out how to make make the fabric metallic.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I agree with that. It looks like adidas is using its sand color rather than our custom color.
Yeah that has been said here recently. I was thinking you had noticed that?

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Yeah that has been said here recently. I was thinking you had noticed that?
I was before taking about difference between helmet and jersey and how we aren’t going to get same shades between them.

I’m wondering what the issue is. When they used Tech gold on basketball court, it looked like baby öööö. I definitely don’t want that on our jerseys.

PointAfterTouchdown

Stealing the T
These Unis are fire . No doubt we should use them next week.

Buuuuuutttt i love the all white at home. It gives us an unique identity. Similar to Real Madrid in soccer, it is a classic and iconic all white look at home.
There are very few american football teams at any level who wear all white. Sadly, we dont wear all white and suck and branding, so yeahh...this week’s jerseys look great.

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
I am also a fan of the traditional home whites, but please, for the love of God, let us wear these against the gaggers this year (and all home years) so they can't wear red in our stadium.
yes exactly

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
The helmet is incredible. That should be our helmet every week. The pants are great because they’re not gold. The top is okay, for a French fry. (I despise the gold jerseys generally speaking but these are sharp)

texstinger

Dodd-Like
As has been posted - the Gold in the hat does not match the Gold on the shirt.

It didn’t under CCG, and I have never seen it match anywhere else unless the hat is a non- metallic yellow, cheddar color.

Therefore all that being said -

WHO GIVES A CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GOLD TRIM IN THE HAT AND CLOTH IN THE SHIRT ARE NOT AN EXACT MATCH - SO THE öööö WHAT?! THAT CAN BE OUR LOOK. ( ever gandered upon the crap Gold n.d. hat and how far off it is from their puke Gold/green pants?)

IT IS OUR UNI THAT OUR GUYS ARE GOING TO DO BATTLE IN!

IT IS PROBABLY MORE UNIQUE THAN ANY UNI IN CFB.

IT IS BETTER THAN THE CJ THROWBACKS.

IT IS BETTER THAN THE CCG G/G/W UNI.

IT AINT PERFECT BUT IT IS BETTER THAN MOST THINGS GT.

IT IS MORE UNIQUE, OR AS MUCH SO, AS G/W/G. AND, GOD LOVE HIM, COACH DODD KILLED A LOT OF THE MAGIC ASSOCIATED WITH THAT LOOK.

THIS IS OUR ööööING UNI - THAT OUR GUYS WILL WEAR!

STOP THE ööööING BITCHING AND START SCREAMING OUR GUTS OUT WHEN OUR GUYS TAKE THE FIELD.

AND DO IT REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY WEAR. STOP THE CANDY AZZ CRYING - and it starts now with me.

Last edited:

18in32

Petard Hoister
I am also a fan of the traditional home whites, but please, for the love of God, let us wear these against the gaggers this year (and all home years) so they can't wear red in our stadium.
I'm a 100% G/W/G guy... but this is probably the only situation where I'm open to the gold jersey argument.