Gold Unis this week.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
I really like this combo. But...I’ll be that guy: the gold on the helmet logo and the gold jersey don’t match for like the 1,000th consecutive time. If you have to nitpick, the gold on the jersey is very, very light. The helmet logo gold is perfect.
Yep. Back to Chan's piss yellow.

GTJay

Helluva Engineer
I LOVE the gold unis (I am not a fan of wearing white at home), but here's what they would look like if they matched the helmet.
I wish we wore a darker gold like this instead of the pastel.
If they can figure out how to get THIS shade to work, I'd love to see this as our usual home combination. I like the G-W-G, but I'd prefer not to see other schools get to wear their home uniforms in our stadium. We can keep the classic G-W-G for road games and then bring out the G-NB-W for one big home game a year and perhaps for appearances in ACCG and bowl games.

That being said, I don't think the shade they're wearing tomorrow is that bad. The uniform as whole looks pretty good--just would prefer slightly darker jersey.

Pantone4515

Damn Good Rat
I LOVE the gold unis (I am not a fan of wearing white at home), but here's what they would look like if they matched the helmet.
I wish we wore a darker gold like this instead of the pastel.
If these actually were this shade, they may be my favorite football uniform of all-time. I think it may be my favorite helmet ever...

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
I just like that this football staff, in week 3, has already put together the single most desired uniform over the past decade. Someone knows that we care, and cares that we care. Now that I know how much they care, I guess I can forget that we can't get 3rd and 2.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
While I have my doubts that they'll look as good as wreck em's edit, I'm hoping they look darker in person than in these photo and video shoots with all the artificial lighting. There are barely any shadows on the pic which tells me there's a ton of light present. Here's a screen shot of the video when Dolphus is still somewhat in the shade of the tunnel and it looks a bit darker.

The Jacket

The Coat
While I have my doubts that they'll look as good as wreck em's edit, I'm hoping they look darker in person than in these photo and video shoots with all the artificial lighting. There are barely any shadows on the pic which tells me there's a ton of light present. Here's a screen shot of the video when Dolphus is still somewhat in the shade of the tunnel and it looks a bit darker.

This is a simple trick of the light. A magic bulb, back and to the left.

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
Is the jersey actually gold?
That's the sorriest excuse for gold I've ever seen, it's more like beige/tan. At least the numerals are legible...The '06 throwback gold jersey much better.
give me buzz gold. for uniforms, paint on the field, everything. dump the lame beige.

The Jacket

The Coat
That's the sorriest excuse for gold I've ever seen, it's more like beige/tan. At least the numerals are legible...The '06 throwback gold jersey much better.
give me buzz gold. for uniforms, paint on the field, everything. dump the lame beige.
You're probably going to get bigcried to death, and I've trained myself to accept the Purdue/UCF-type pale gold we now have because if whining for 13 years isn't going to get someone's attention at the GTAA then I don't know what it'll take. But I am on board with you. I don't know if the one you posted is exactly the right shade (it's really difficult to get the gold on your screen to match the shirt in your closet, the Wreck, the helmet and the jersey) but the "mustard gold" or whatever from the '06 throwbacks is the only shade I've seen where I thought we could make it into The Gold and have it be a nationally recognizable look. Of course the color/uniform alone doesn't do it, you have to win and give people a reason to watch you play, but that's the goal anyway and this gold seems like such a no-brainer. It's not so gaudy that it looks gimmicky, it pops really, really well with the white and navy, and no team anyone cares about is using that kind of gold as their primary color. The gold on the 2008 uniforms wasn't perfect, in photos from one or two overcast games it looked like it had a bit of a green tint to it, but I never noticed the same thing in person or on TV. I'd kill to see this shade used with adidas' designs. Mustard hats, blue shirts, mustard pants, and I might just explode.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
The 49ers, Saints, and Jags have sported the same gold that we find on the Wreck. Why can't we do that?

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
If you want to see what that gold will look like outside of the video, we wore the same color in the spring game.

BuzzedATL

Varsity Lurker
I'm hoping the gold will get darker once the jerseys get wet with sweat