Gold Unis this week.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I agree. Wreck Em's photoshop is better than the washed out gold as well. For those that say it can't be matched, it certainly was in that throw back game. I mean when the announcers even commented on how sharp those unis looked, I can't see why it is so hard. I hate the 'new' chosen gold. It looks like it's been in the wash with bleach.
Our entire fanbase has been screaming for the Calvin throwback jersey since that game. Amazing the deaf ear our administration and supplier have

The Jacket

The Coat
Huh?
I didn't hear you.
HE SAID THAT OUR ENTIRE FANBASE HAS BEEN SCREAMING FOR THE CALVIN THROWBACK JERSEY SINCE THAT GAME AND THAT HE'S AMAZED BY THE DEAF EAR OUR ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPLIER HAVE. Tell anyone you saw this part and I'll ööööing kill you. You keep your mouth shut.

AlabamaBuzz

Dodd-Like
I LOVE the gold unis (I am not a fan of wearing white at home), but here's what they would look like if they matched the helmet.
I wish we wore a darker gold like this instead of the pastel.

Why can't Adidas and TStan make this? Why is it so hard? I know. "BIG CRY"

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Unpopular opinion: I like the real unis better than WE's edit unless we are going with "up with the white and copper".

Need to boost my negative ratings.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Unpopular opinion: I like the real unis better than WE's edit unless we are going with "up with the white and copper".

Yeah, Old Gold is closer to copper than Vegas Gold.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Unpopular opinion: I like the real unis better than WE's edit unless we are going with "up with the white and copper". Rather be a french fry than a penny.

Depends on the french fry.
  • McDonalds fries are each worth approximately one of the hairs from my navel
  • Chick-fil-A waffle fries are each worth 100 pennies or a small Frosty.
  • A serving of hash browns chunked and covered from WaHo is worth a lightly used iPhone 10. If we had hash brown jerseys, I would eat the entire team.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I LOVE the gold unis (I am not a fan of wearing white at home), but here's what they would look like if they matched the helmet.
I wish we wore a darker gold like this instead of the pastel.
This is fantastic. The white jerseys kick ass in my opinion too though.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Yeah, Old Gold is closer to copper than Vegas Gold.
I think I would have picked a gold with more yellow if I were in charge.
Not cheddar, maybe close to Vegas. The browner and mustardy golds just don't say "yellow jackets" to me. But ultimately, I dont care much. These look as good as anything we have had in a while.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
I think I would have picked a gold with more yellow if I were in charge.
Not cheddar, maybe close to Vegas. The browner and mustardy golds just don't say "yellow jackets" to me. But ultimately, I dont care much. These look as good as anything we have had in a while.
This gold certainly contrasts better with white. We could roll out straight up white and gold uniforms with no navy or black using this gold. Similar to Texas and their orange and white.

The Jacket

The Coat
This gold certainly contrasts better with white. We could roll out straight up white and gold uniforms with no navy or black using this gold. Similar to Texas and their orange and white.
Now this is interesting. If I remember right, we've seen this in the recent past with our basketball uniforms but I don't think I've seen it in football. I personally love the navy trim, but straight white and gold using the shade in Wreck Em's edit or, ideally, the '06 throwback gold, would be something to see.

The Jacket

The Coat
I'm a fan of GWG for home games but I think they should wear WGW for homecoming each year.
I agree with this. GWG as our standard, WGW for homecoming, blue jerseys/throwbacks as our alternate. But my guess is that the days of us wearing that few different combinations are over.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
The gold in the '06 throwbacks matched and it's one of the reasons it's universally adored. I'm not going to be an asshole about this because I appreciate the amount of impassioned screaming in this post.

Impassioned screaming is the best screaming.

Change my mind.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Yea, this is a hard to the ööööing no from me on these. That shade of gold looks way too much like the Braine-less beige from the Gailey era and that helmet stripe doesn't go all the way around.

Why can't we just get the '06 throwbacks and call it a day?

Wreck Em

Dodd-Like
Yea, this is a hard to the ööööing no from me on these. That shade of gold looks way too much like the Braine-less beige from the Gailey era and that helmet stripe doesn't go all the way around.

Why can't we just get the '06 throwbacks and call it a day?
Honestly I thought the Gold from the Gailey era was the closest to the Wreck Gold we ever had.