Good article on Penn State and expansion...

And keep in mind, Penn State wanted into the ACC in the late 1980s, and legendary coach Joe Paterno once preferred a union of other northeastern schools, even envisioning an ACC stretching the entire Atlantic coast. That day has basically arrived.

Sometimes I forget about how old that guy really is. Good gosh.

Getting Penn State would be so damn awesome.

So schools like Oklahoma, A&M and Nebraska are willing to sacrifice their long time rivalries in the name of money, but PSU is going to pay an exit fee and accept less revenue a year just to play some close schools?

I don't see it.

ND and PSU would be a big get for the ACC, but I don't see that happening.

So schools like Oklahoma, A&M and Nebraska are willing to sacrifice their long time rivalries in the name of money, but PSU is going to pay an exit fee and accept less revenue a year just to play some close schools?

I don't see it.

Did you read the article jackass?

The author is a Carolina homer. I just don't see ND or (much less) Penn State going to the ACC. Would love to see it though.

Who knows what the ACC revenue would look like after those additions. Perhaps a new deal with ND and PSU could eclipse the BigTen.

Funny thing is.. after all said and done the best scenario for all would be the following:

PAC-16.. +TX, OK clan

ACC.. +ND +PSU

BIGsomething... f' em

Only way ND move to the ACC would be if they are flat out rejected by the Big 10 (or the Big 10 won't let them keep their NBC contract).

MAYBE if the Big 10 expands to 16 and are full AND the Big East is totally exploded AND ND looks to lose their autobid, then and only then would they look to the ACC.

I'd give us about a 1/100 chance.

Why would Penn St leave again? I don't think they stand to make any more money and they are pretty settled where they are. Lots of rivalries built up.

Did you read the article jackass?

Yes. And the Carolina homer is just about 100% wrong when he says:

Let's advance that Penn State would make as much if not more money in a revamped ACC, travel wouldn't be as difficult, and it would align itself with schools with similar missions.

:bsflag:

Let's advance that Penn State would make as much if not more money in a revamped ACC, travel wouldn't be as difficult, and it would align itself with schools with similar missions.

Only the first part of that is wrong.

You clearly missed his point that this would be based on ND as part of the conference too which would all but blow away the TV deal the Big Ten currently has since you are in every major City along the east coast Plus what Notre Dame brings.

Back