Gotsis arrested [Updated: CASE DROPPED]

I don't think "common" and "majority" are the same thing.
The question was: what does “not uncommon” mean?

So does it mean every now and then? Wouldn’t that be closer to uncommon than not uncommon?

the fact that he was arrested makes me believe the police have more evidence than just her accusation

doesn't mean he's guilty clearly, but we don't have everything the cops do

I used to think: no person would stoop to a level of lying about being raped and destroy someone’s life. I don’t believe that anymore.

Evidence of a trauma is likely to be gone. Witnesses’ recollection is likely to be suspect. DNA evidence is likely gone. Maybe a cell phone recording exists. You’ve got the issue of her promiscuity before and since that time. And then the obvious motive to get him to pay for her lack of cooperation with the police.
And after all that, he was still arrested. Which means the police may have more info. I mean this isn't a Twitter accusation, the guy was arrested.

And after all that, he was still arrested. Which means the police may have more info. I mean this isn't a Twitter accusation, the guy was arrested.
Arrested but let out with a lower bail than a teenager with a minor in possession

I don't know which is more disgusting:

1) calling an arrest based on an accusation a black eye or comparing it to offenses that were actually proven

2) assuming innocence due to statute of limitations

3) somehow believing that an arrest means there must be evidence that makes guilt more likely. All you need is an accusation to be arrested. Nothing more.

4) white knights that "believe women"

No need for statements like "if guilty" or "if innocent" that impugn either party. One of the worst forms of virtue signaling.

Last edited:
It's not that unusual for a woman to submit to a medical rape exam, and subsequently decide she doesn't want to press charges. If that was the case, the police would still have whatever evidence was collected at the time of the occurrence. The decision not to press charges initially could be related to insufficient evidence on the exam to make a convincing case, or simply that the victim decides she doesn't want to go through the stress of the process. It is difficult to prosecute a case if the victim is not willing to participate as a witness.

That's true you can be detained for 24 without even an accusation
Sort of. They do have to arrest you to detain you and they can't arrest you without some sort of justification (reasonable suspicion or a credible eyewitness).

Unless, of course, you happen to be one of the "usual suspects."

I don't know which is more disgusting:

1) calling an arrest based on an accusation a black eye or comparing it to offenses that were actually proven

2) assuming innocence due to statute of limitations

3) somehow believing that an arrest means there must be evidence that makes guilt more likely. All you need is an accusation to be arrested. Nothing more.

4) white knights that "believe women"

No need for statements like "if guilty" or "if innocent" that impugn either party. One of the worst forms of virtue signaling.
What about presuming innocence?

Sort of. They do have to arrest you to detain you and they can't arrest you without some sort of justification (reasonable suspicion or a credible eyewitness).

Anyone can be detained for 24 hours if an officer just decides he wants to.. could be just for questioning

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. The detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

Yeah, the article said it's unclear whether charges will be filed. But when it comes to high profile people and cases that are this old, wouldn't it be more normal for the DA to already have the charges ready to roll before an arrest is made? I dunno. All I know is what I learn from Law and Order. Which is to say, I know little and what little I know is likely suspect.

The important thing is that we immediately vacate all wins from 2013-2014 and give that complaining chick on twitter a refund on her tickets. This is all about her and her feelings. Moreover, we should vacate any wins from 2015 and 2016 as those team members also knew of the event and didn't report it.

The important thing is that we immediately vacate all wins from 2013-2014 and give that complaining chick on twitter a refund on her tickets. This is all about her and her feelings. Moreover, we should vacate any wins from 2015 and 2016 as those team members also knew of the event and didn't report it.
Probably should give her back her Chik-fil-a sandwich, too.

Did she do the rape kit? She has no case. When he is found innocent, he should go after her.

Back